Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree704Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

My Nordic Pilot and accessories are due to arrive on Tuesday. Very excited to try this fabric!
    Darcy likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Name:  nordicsolarpilot.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  102.4 KB

A preview of the Pilot in Nordic/Solar...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Name:  nordicsolarpilot.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  102.4 KB

A preview of the Pilot in Nordic/Solar...
    just beautiful, darcy!
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    A couple more…

Name:  nordicforums2.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  83.1 KB

Name:  nordicforums3.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  111.2 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I can hardly wait! My Nordic Pilot is scheduled to arrive on Monday!
    WMW40 likes this.

The Nordic is pretty nice... If my navy/solar won't arrive before 2/9, I wonder if I should change to the Nordic. I think I still prefer the navy, but having it for this trip might be nice..... TBCrew: thoughts?
    Last edited by jmoz; 01-29-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I can hardly wait! My Nordic Pilot is scheduled to arrive on Monday!
    Yay! In time for your trip right? Mine arrives Monday too along with the Nordic SE. Thank you TB crew for getting these out so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    Yay! In time for your trip right? Mine arrives Monday too along with the Nordic SE. Thank you TB crew for getting these out so quickly!
    Yes! My flight out is early on Wednesday. I'm very much looking forward to receiving the bag! I think it's going to work really well! I was over drooling over the photos Darcy posted on the forums earlier. They are gorgeous!

I do like the inverted zipper. I hope my backordered Co-Pilot comes with the inverted zipper

Sigh. I love the Nordic color as shown on Darcy's Pilot photos, and as shown on the TB website of other Nordic bags. However, the two times that I ordered Nordic (Synapse 19 and Shop Bag), I ended up returning them because the color in actuality appears so much darker -- almost navy to my eyes. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I need my eyes checked...
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

A couple more…

Looks like my Navy/solar Aeronaut might need a companion. Now to decide if it should be Navy/Solar or Nordic/Solar....

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Sigh. I love the Nordic color as shown on Darcy's Pilot photos, and as shown on the TB website of other Nordic bags. However, the two times that I ordered Nordic (Synapse 19 and Shop Bag), I ended up returning them because the color in actuality appears so much darker -- almost navy to my eyes. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I need my eyes checked...
    I think the color in Darcy's first (closeup) picture of the Pilot is pretty accurate. There is a midnight cast to the Nordic blue that makes it go well with Navy, and which also makes the contrasting Solar interior work very well with this 400d Dyneema fabric.

@Darcy I actually phoned in earlier today to add some clear organizer wallets (in both 400d Black and Nordic Dyneema) to my order, and decided to ask them to also ship the Pilot in Nordic Dyneema/Solar with the order. I still think that I'll probably end up keeping the 400D Black/Wasabi Pilot combination of my original Pilot order, and returning the Nordic/Solar version, but this color combination is so gorgeous that I'd like to see it in person. Also, I made the phone call addition before Darcy posted these pictures.

I didn't think (past tenset) that I would really like Nordic/Solar and I don't seem to need a Pilot, but the pictures make me want to order one anyway!! Gorgeous!

A couple more…

Aaaahhhh. Thanks for posting those Darcy! Now Friday cannot come fast enough! I also ordered the Nordic/Solar Side Effect too along with some solar smaller travel sacs. It is truly a pretty site. Along in this shipment I am giving 3 gifts of Tom's creations. Now friends and family may begin to understand my addiction problem! Some of them know about my "problem"! 😊 (part of which was typing "Tim" and not Tom-fixed!)
    Last edited by Anniegill; 01-30-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Darcy likes this.

Me, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0