Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    That is a nice looking bag! Is there an official description somewhere or do they go offline when the design is retired? I like kiwi as a color.
    @bchaplin I wonder whether that eBay posting if the Breve was prompted by my recent post in the iPad Air Sleeve? thread. TavaPeak has already given you the link to Maverick's video review that was posted there. Here are the old product page specs for the Breve:

The Breve for iPad 2 is a streamlined way to protect and carry your iPad, charger, phone and not much else.
    The Breve for iPad 2 is made with an exterior of U.S. 1050d ballistic nylon and an interior of padded open-cell foam laminated to super-soft brushed nylon. It provides padding and scratch protection for all sides of the iPad.

The front of the Breve for iPad 2 features two zippered pockets faced with soft Ultrasuede to protect your electronics; one pocket is sized to fit your iPhone or other cell phone, while the other fits the iPad charger, earbuds, and our Ultrasuede Screen Cloth.
    The Breve for iPad 2 pockets zip open-and-shut with YKK #5 zippers with plastic sliders that won't scratch electronics.

Included with the Breve for iPad 2 is a a removable, adjustable 1" wide webbing shoulder strap its low profile matches that of the bag and supports its relatively light load with ease. Remove the shoulder strap and use the Breve for iPad 2 as a protective sleeve inside of a larger backpack, messenger bag, briefcase, or travel bag.
    Designed specifically to fit the iPad and iPad 2
    Padded compartment made of .25" (8mm) open-cell foam laminated to interior of super-soft brushed nylon protects from all sides
    Exterior of U.S. 1050d ballistic nylon; interior of super-soft brushed nylon
    Dimensions: 13" x 10" / 330 x 255mm
    Weight: 10oz / 285gr
    Made in the TOM BIHN Factory in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.

I have the Breve in Cardinal. The Breve was only available for sale between about March 2011 and May 2012. Here are the relevant threads for its introduction and exit:

HTH. moriond

Thanks! I really appreciate the info!
    Yeah, I like the kiwi color quite a bit. I have a wallet in kiwi. I love items in that and wasabi -- I'm really a fan of the not-yellow yellows, since you all know my aversion to solar.
    I bid on the eBay item. It is not something I really need. However I will only bargain up to a set amount and won't be upset if I don't win the auction.

Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks! I really appreciate the info!
    Yeah, I like the kiwi color quite a bit. I have a wallet in kiwi. I love items in that and wasabi -- I'm really a fan of the not-yellow yellows, since you all know my aversion to solar.
    I bid on the eBay item. It is not something I really need. However I will only bargain up to a set amount and won't be upset if I don't win the auction.
    Kiwi works really well with Nordic, Navy, and Indigo, and not badly with greyer tones like Aubergine and Steel. I have the Kiwi Wallet, the Pocket Pouch in Kiwi/Nordic, and a few Kiwi Kits (the now retired "Style Kit") that I stuff into my Synapse. There don't seem to be any more Kiwi Clear Organizer Wallets available, but there are some handy Knitting Tool Pouches in Kiwi. The back-ordered size 2 is handy for carrying spoons or forks in a pouch that fits in your Side Effect.

To get back to the Pilot that is the subject of this thread, TavaPeak asked:

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    I'm mulling whether my kiwi Breve would attach well to the rail system in the Pilot when it arrives. Breve might give a little structure & padding to the Pilot without much bulk. Might be a great way to carry my iPad or (or even a Nexus 7 + keyboard), store pesky chargers/cords, and still leave room for a sweater in the main pocket of the Pilot?

Breve is a retired design, but there is a Breve (kiwi) on ebay right now - it's listed as a "Tom Bihn Messenget".
    The Cross-Section of the Breve is very close to that of the Co-Pilot. It's perhaps a smidge wider, but you can stick the Breve into an open Co-Pilot, since the sides of the Co-Pilot are not stiff. However, the two tabs with loops for attaching the strap will stick out above the zippered region, so you can't zip up the Co-Pilot. I think the Breve would be accommodated in the Pilot, however, but maybe not directly securable to the attachments for the cache with rails. You can also flip down the molded plastic loops on the Breve for attaching the shoulder straps so that only the webbing sticks up. Those small tabs are still about half an inch above the top zipper of the Co-Pilot, though.

HTH.

moriond

So this afternoon an email showed up with a tracking # for my new pilot. Has anyone else gotten one? I'm so excited because this seems way earlier than I expected!
    WMW40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    So this afternoon an email showed up with a tracking # for my new pilot. Has anyone else gotten one? I'm so excited because this seems way earlier than I expected!
    Me too! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    WMW40 likes this.
    A45 crm/stl TS nvy/sol A30 aub/was BB nvyP/stlP S19 nor/stl P nor/sol CP blk/stl; SE was CQPC ibrn, sol Ri aub/stl 3DCC crd TSS4 was K crd TT sol,nor,blk CC crd/stl PCBP sol PP nvy QK for,coy,aub + lotsa cubes!

Which colors & fabrics did those of you getting your Pilots order?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Me too! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    WMW40 likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    From the two folks who responded, it sounds like the Nordic/Solar Dyneema orders are showing up with shipping notices.

Not yet for me, but the TB crew made it sound like I could reasonably expect it before my Feb. 10 trip, so I'm cautiously optimistic mine (navy/solar) will ship soon.....

On further looking, moriond is clearly correct, as the nordic is listed as "in stock" rather than backorder on the Pilot page.
    Last edited by jmoz; 01-27-2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: followup info below.

Looks like Nordic Pilot is off back order in the drop menu on the Pilot page.

Yup, I ordered the Nordic/solar dyneema.

I have never had an all dyneema bag before-- I've decided to try it out because I think I will use the pilot a lot for travel and I like to pack a smaller everyday bag into my suitcase for when I get somewhere ( usually I travel with a wheeled carry-on and a Synapse 25) and the dyneema looked flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    Yup, I ordered the Nordic/solar dyneema.

I have never had an all dyneema bag before-- I've decided to try it out because I think I will use the pilot a lot for travel and I like to pack a smaller everyday bag into my suitcase for when I get somewhere ( usually I travel with a wheeled carry-on and a Synapse 25) and the dyneema looked flexible.
    You will Absolutely LOVE the Nordic dyneema. It is BEAUTIFUL AND THEN SOME!! The Solar inside will also knock your socks off. I too am showing that my Pilot has shopped---WWWAAAAHHHHHOOO!!! And all the little tag alongs with it, what a way to start a week...and end it too, that's when it is a scheduled to arrive. This Pilot will be the second Nordic bag I have, the first was the Synapse 25. Lucky us!

I'm so excited to see my new Nordic Pilot and Side Effect have shipped! Somehow the shipping notice ended up in my spam folder. I will still have to wait awhile. Florida is a bit of a trip for the west coast, but hopefully it will be here by Monday, which is two days before I fly out to Kansas. I'll say that's perfect timing! Those bags will go nicely with my Nordic Western Flyer and Large Shop Bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I'm so excited to see my new Nordic Pilot and Side Effect have shipped!
    What? that was fast!
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    but hopefully it will be here by Monday, which is two days before I fly out to Kansas.
    I don't know about shipping inside the US, but according to the tracking on UPS my Pilot is currently somewhere near Portland, Oregon, and should be with me on Friday 31st!
    A45 crm/stl TS nvy/sol A30 aub/was BB nvyP/stlP S19 nor/stl P nor/sol CP blk/stl; SE was CQPC ibrn, sol Ri aub/stl 3DCC crd TSS4 was K crd TT sol,nor,blk CC crd/stl PCBP sol PP nvy QK for,coy,aub + lotsa cubes!

Mine is due to arrive in Texas on Monday. So excited. And its just in time before I head off to a bunch of conferences and stuff

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0