Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree696Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaL View Post
    Maybe for some but my card is asking me for payment. I will definitely order again but will wait it out.
    Hm, strange... we definitely didn't charge your card. Cards/banks show will authorizations in different ways, though. We'll research this further. Thanks for letting us know and our apologies for any trouble this caused.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Thanks Beau, that is the very reason why I asked the question, cache interference with the pockets! Great news. Where is the O-ring located in the main compartment? Same side as the pockets?
    Yes! There's an o-ring above each pocket in the main compartment.

Oh poop... I have a STBP (serious Tom Bihn problem):

I can't decide which color Dyneema to order!

I saw the announcement on Twitter so I went to look at the product info on my iPhone because I was in the middle of flying cross-country. I couldn't see everything well because I didn't want to try to dig out my reading glasses, but did it say THREE colors of Dyneema?!?!?! OMG!!!

When I got to the hotel room, I had to see the details on a laptop screen.

It was true! THREE Dyneema options!!

I kept clicking on different colors.

I couldn't decide.

Could.

Not.

I still can't.

Do I want to go with something all nice and professional-looking with the black? Do I want to go with a more carefree Nordic? Or have it match a lot of my other steel Dyneema items?

I still can't decide. Hence I haven't put in my preorder yet. It's killing me.

I know, I know. First World problems. I know. But still. YOU guys understand. Right?
    jaon and TavaPeak like this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Oh poop... I have a STBP (serious Tom Bihn problem):

I can't decide which color Dyneema to order!

I saw the announcement on Twitter so I went to look at the product info on my iPhone because I was in the middle of flying cross-country. I couldn't see everything well because I didn't want to try to dig out my reading glasses, but did it say THREE colors of Dyneema?!?!?! OMG!!!

When I got to the hotel room, I had to see the details on a laptop screen.

It was true! THREE Dyneema options!!

I kept clicking on different colors.

I couldn't decide.

Could.

Not.

I still can't.

Do I want to go with something all nice and professional-looking with the black? Do I want to go with a more carefree Nordic? Or have it match a lot of my other steel Dyneema items?

I still can't decide. Hence I haven't put in my preorder yet. It's killing me.

I know, I know. First World problems. I know. But still. YOU guys understand. Right?
    @Lani I totally understand. I read through the descriptive notices of the Pilot as soon as they came out. There were loads of people who popped in comments immediately about the orders they placed. I've never been able to immediately place color selections for most new products (except maybe for the Tri-Star, since they introduced Indigo Ballistic Nylon with that bag, Nd that was a totally gorgeous new color). When the Synapse first came out, I managed to narrow the selection down to four colors, then sent off pm questions to Maverick (who already had the prototype for video demo) to ask some color questions. For what it's worth, I have bags in all three colors of 400d Dyneema (Steel, Black, and Nordic), although these aren't travel bags of the Western Flyer, Tri-Star, and Aeronaut sort. I managed to narrow it down to a choice between Black/Wasabi and Nordic/Solar, and finally ordered Black/Wasabi last Friday. Of course, I then found the Side Effect offering in Nordic/Solar, which I swear was not an option on the product much before then, and had to order it. So I'll be staring at the Nordic/Solar Side Effect when it arrives, and have another opportunity to decide whether I want to change my order.
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Hm, strange... we definitely didn't charge your card. Cards/banks show will authorizations in different ways, though. We'll research this further. Thanks for letting us know and our apologies for any trouble this caused.
    Similar charge happened to me MelissaL. But worse, USD is a foreign currency here so I had to sort out with the bank quickly. It held up shipping of the parcel, because of the double up, which was annoying. Was also charged for something not on my original order. TB customer service (from a combination of my 3 experiences) could be improved and is not always right

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Lani I totally understand. I read through the descriptive notices of the Pilot as soon as they came out. There were loads of people who popped in comments immediately about the orders they placed. I've never been able to immediately place color selections for most new products (except maybe for the Tri-Star, since they introduced Indigo Ballistic Nylon with that bag, Nd that was a totally gorgeous new color). When the Synapse first came out, I managed to narrow the selection down to four colors, then sent off pm questions to Maverick (who already had the prototype for video demo) to ask some color questions. For what it's worth, I have bags in all three colors of 400d Dyneema (Steel, Black, and Nordic), although these aren't travel bags of the Western Flyer, Tri-Star, and Aeronaut sort. I managed to narrow it down to a choice between Black/Wasabi and Nordic/Solar, and finally ordered Black/Wasabi last Friday. Of course, I then found the Side Effect offering in Nordic/Solar, which I swear was not an option on the product much before then, and had to order it. So I'll be staring at the Nordic/Solar Side Effect when it arrives, and have another opportunity to decide whether I want to change my order.
    Nordic/Solar Side Effect with a Nordic/Solar Pilot.

Hmmmm.... SO HARD TO DECIDE. Argh.
    jaon and Anniegill like this.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    ....There were loads of people who popped in comments immediately about the orders they placed. I've never been able to immediately place color selections for most new products ...
    My approach was to match my Tri-Star out of a foolish sense of consistency. Of course, Emerson said something or other about that....

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    Thanks for the Kanteen update, Le_Pied. Anyone on the Crew know about caches?
    Anybody? :/

When I was first looking at the Co-Pilot, I remember wishing that it could hold a 13" MacBook, thinking that would make it perfect.

But the more I've used the Co-Pilot, the more I've realized that Tom Bihn made it the perfect size. I *love* the Co-Pilot as an EDC bag. And I'm always amazed at how secretly voluminous the center water bottle pocket is -- they never look like they'll fit, but they always do!

Now that the Pilot is out, I'm re-thinking my travel bags a little bit. If I upsize from the Co-Pilot to the Pilot (and use it to carry my laptop), then I can downsize my Tri-Star to a Western Flyer. Then, when I reach my destination, all of my electronics will fit nicely in the Pilot each day. (In my current setup, I use my Packing Cube Backpack once I reach my destination to transport my laptop in a Brain Cell.)

If I do buy a Pilot, then I plan to keep my Co-Pilot, as absurd as that may seem to have two such similar bags. While the Pilot may be better suited to my needs when I travel with a 13" laptop, I still think the Co-Pilot is the perfect EDC for me in every situation that I don't need my laptop. (Which is anytime I'm not on a work trip -- the iPad works much better and more conveniently for me in all non-work situations.)

BJ Nemeth, I hear you. I recently downsized from a 15" MacBook Pro to a 13" MacBook Pro. Because the smaller laptop fits in my Synapse or in my Imago, I'm rethinking whether a Western Flyer would work for me.

Thank you for your newest addition! I've been using a CoPilot as my EDC bag for the past year or so and loved the layout & utility but really needed something larger. The Pilot looks like it'll suit my needs to a "T", all the great design & layout of the CoPilot in a more useful size. I'll be on the pre-order list shortly.
    Last edited by Manny; 01-16-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    My approach was to match my Tri-Star out of a foolish sense of consistency. Of course, Emerson said something or other about that....
    Easier said than done. I have a Western Flyer in Nordic, and a Tri-Star in black Dyneema. Gaaaa.
    Last edited by Lani; 01-16-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Typo!
    jmoz likes this.

Easier said that done. I have a Western Flyer in Nordic, and a Tri-Star in black Dyneema. Gaaaa.
    Clearly the answer is a Steel Dyneema pilot!

Easier said that done. I have a Western Flyer in Nordic, and a Tri-Star in black Dyneema. Gaaaa.
    Lest anyone think I was making fun at the expense of anyone but myself, the Emerson quote I was referring to is here.
    Darcy and Lani like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradnd99 View Post
    I was just thinking about a great use for this bag. It is perfect for those times when you are traveling and MUST be separated from your main bags. You never know when those bags might get delayed or lost, so having a bag that can carry a change of clothes makes a lot of sense.

Also, cruisers might like this bag as their carry on. Often your luggage takes awhile to get to your cabin, so having some clothes or a baiting suit with you, makes a lot of sense.
    This is awesome -- two uses for the Pilot even we didn't envision (well, maybe Tom did, but I didn't!)

Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    TB customer service (from a combination of my 3 experiences) could be improved and is not always right
    Just sent a follow up email to your email (thanks for sharing the whole story with me!) and will send another tomorrow. Our goal is to give awesome customer service and just be good people in general, so when we don't quite get there, we want to hear about it!

Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    And will there be other cache sizes available? I'm stuck with a PC at work :/
    We might come out with PC specific sizes later in 2014, but in the meantime, there's a lot of PCs that fit in the current Apple sizes. What make/model of PC do you have?
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0