Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Is the big inside pocket have pockets like the co-pilot? Maybe to fit a Bose QC-15 sized headset?

I end up carrying a backpack on the 737, and would love something more professional--

Thanks guys, I guess I stumbled onto the right place--

Seems like the Tom Bihn crew made this just for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by finsup View Post
    Is the big inside pocket have pockets like the co-pilot? Maybe to fit a Bose QC-15 sized headset?

I end up carrying a backpack on the 737, and would love something more professional--

Thanks guys, I guess I stumbled onto the right place--

Seems like the Tom Bihn crew made this just for me!!
    You have no idea!
    It won't end with the pilot.
    ;-)

Hi TB Crew,

Do you know exactly when the Co-Pilot is going up in price, as previously mentioned? I'm giving an Aubergine/Wasabi co-pilot tonight as a birthday gift and may order one for myself this weekend but still would like to get the $110 price

On a related note, does the bigger Pilot feel more like a traditional laptop bag when hanging by your side? The Co-Pilot and Cafe Bags are probably better suited to stay close to your hip/body when moving around, if that makes sense, haha!

Thanks for the info
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Hi TB Crew,

Do you know exactly when the Co-Pilot is going up in price, as previously mentioned? I'm giving an Aubergine/Wasabi co-pilot tonight as a birthday gift and may order one for myself this weekend but still would like to get the $110 price

On a related note, does the bigger Pilot feel more like a traditional laptop bag when hanging by your side? The Co-Pilot and Cafe Bags are probably better suited to stay close to your hip/body when moving around, if that makes sense, haha!

Thanks for the info
    I believe Darcy said on Monday the price increases

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Sorry - another question about the Co-Pilot price increase. The colour I want (Aubergine/Wasabi) is back-ordered; if I ordered it before Monday, would I get the $110 price when it eventually ships, or would I be assessed the new price?

I really love the new Pilot, but am going to hold off ordering it for a bit, *just in case* it should become available in Aubergine.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Sorry - another question about the Co-Pilot price increase. The colour I want (Aubergine/Wasabi) is back-ordered; if I ordered it before Monday, would I get the $110 price when it eventually ships, or would I be assessed the new price?
    If you place an backorder while the price is still $110, we'll honor that (it's only fair!)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    If you place an backorder while the price is still $110, we'll honor that (it's only fair!)
    Wow! Thanks Darcy, that's amazing service.

I just put in an order today for a Side Effect & mini pouch for my 10-year-old son (he's extremely excited and looking forward to his first TB products). There are quite a few things I would like that are back-ordered right now, so I will get my wish list in order, and submit it before Monday!

Thanks again
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    I don't think I will be able to resist the nordic solar combination. Will this fit a 15in macbook pro retina with no case, cache, etc.? It's 14.13in long.
    Unofficially: yes, it could fit. But, officially, I have to advise against storing your laptop in any bag without some sort of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Darcy,
    What side are the cache with rails system on in the rear compartment: back or front? What side are the interior pockets on in the rear compartment? Same as the Co-Pilot?
    The rail loops are going to be on the back part of the bag, and the interior pockets will be on the opposite side so as to not interfere with the removal and replacement of the Cache. So, it's a little different from the Co-Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    Quick technical question-- when you pre-order, you won't be charged until the item ships, right?

And can I say this is exactly what I have wanted for travel for a long time. The co-pilot was always too small for me, but this is so what I have wanted!
    That's right! We'll charge for the order once it actually ships.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's exactly right -- the Pilot photographed (Black/Wasabi) is the only Pilot in existence right now. As soon as we make the other colors, I'll post some photos of those.
    You know that the photos will only create more angst, don't you? Finally placed my order for the 400d Black Dyneema/Wasabi. I don't know how everyone manages to instantly reply, when I spend so much time re-reading the product descriptions, and reviewing all the color options (by checking against my existing bags). I really, really was tempted to get the Nordic/Solar combination because I think this will be awesome, the true demand for Nordic exceeds your current production (the photos never manage to do it justice), and solar is my favorite color for the interior. But I've been just so impressed by the 400d Black Dyneema in my other bags that I have to make this the first order. (If you post a picture of the Pilot in Nordic I might be tempted to order a second bag!)

moriond

This post is worth gold in information. I decided to pass on the Pilot (for now), and I just ordered a Co-Pilot. I have, obviously, no rush in getting it, but I do plan to make it part of this year's travels as a light alternative to my S19 and a zippered alternative to my LCB. I have plenty of unused bags that I have accumulated over the years (non-TB), so I will de donating them to charity and downsizing. TB has become my staple and, once you own bags that you know will endure anything, everything else becomes obsolete.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    sure! i can do that! from memory, i have one backpack bin, one briefcase/messenger bag bin, one cache/field journal bin, one packing cube bin, and one bin for pouches. the first four are the two runner height, and the last is a one runner.
    here are pictures of all of the bins.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

I was just thinking about a great use for this bag. It is perfect for those times when you are traveling and MUST be separated from your main bags. You never know when those bags might get delayed or lost, so having a bag that can carry a change of clothes makes a lot of sense.

Also, cruisers might like this bag as their carry on. Often your luggage takes awhile to get to your cabin, so having some clothes or a baiting suit with you, makes a lot of sense.

Now I have a use case for this bag, just waiting until it need it for one of those trips. 😁

I had the opportunity to examine the Pilot prototype today....what an awesome bag! I am going to try and hold off purchasing it for a bit to see what other colors emerge. I also saw the olive para pack--it actually caught my eye from across the room. It almost looks like silk! So much wonderful ness every where I looked.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0