Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Maverick:
    Would you be so kind as to post a pick of how you organize your collection? I'm kind of liking your system.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlchau View Post
    Interesting regarding the zippers. Will you be moving forward with this updated use of zippers throughout all your products or just updated ones/new designs?
    The former: it just seems to make the most sense, and we're into the aesthetic.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaL View Post
    Maverick:
    Would you be so kind as to post a pick of how you organize your collection? I'm kind of liking your system.
    sure! i can do that! from memory, i have one backpack bin, one briefcase/messenger bag bin, one cache/field journal bin, one packing cube bin, and one bin for pouches. the first four are the two runner height, and the last is a one runner.
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    If underpacked, would the Pilot fit in the Tri-Star, or is it hopelessly too thick for that? Thanks!
    I went ahead and tested out this fit; I found that the Pilot fits pretty well in the Tri-Star's middle compartment. If the Pilot was filled completely to capacity it might be a bit of a squeeze, but if underpacked it should definitely be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    it won't be as great as the tom bihn videos of late, but i will make a video of the pilot!
    With Beeswax Lip Balm....

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I went ahead and tested out this fit; I found that the Pilot fits pretty well in the Tri-Star's middle compartment. If the Pilot was filled completely to capacity it might be a bit of a squeeze, but if underpacked it should definitely be fine.
    Awesome, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The former: it just seems to make the most sense, and we're into the aesthetic.
    So the new zippers will be on the synapse and brain bag too? Do you have an eta of when the zippers will be implemented in to the synapse and brain bag?

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    it won't be as great as the tom bihn videos of late, but i will make a video of the pilot!
    It might not be as arty, Mav, but it'll be much more useful, I'm certain! The recent TB vids are lovely, but I like to see a product in detail before I she'll out for it, and your videos do that brilliantly :-)

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    And will there be other cache sizes available? I'm stuck with a PC at work :/
    Thanks for the Kanteen update, Le_Pied. Anyone on the Crew know about caches?
    Walker likes this.

Can you fit a side effect in one of the pilot's front pockets?

Thanks roarmouse, jmoz, Fernando, and maverick! Looks like it should work well. :-). Now just have to chose a color combo....
    Last edited by Grandcache; 01-09-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Can you fit a side effect in one of the pilot's front pockets?
    Based on the packing cube dimensions, yes with room to spare.

The new pilot looks amazing! I am thinking that would make an awesome Father's day gift for my Dad.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Unless I'm reading the dimensions wrong, it looks like the cache for the 15" retina macbook should fit in the main compartment of the Pilot. Am I right, or is it too tight a squeeze? Darcy? Anyone?

(not that I actually have one... yet. For the moment I'm still using my ancient 13" black macbook from 2007! - which fits in a size 6Z cache as far as I can see. I'm just concerned for future proofing!)
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Hi Maverick,
    I too am looking forward to your video! I miss them. Can't tell you how many times I watched the Aeronaut one while I mentally "justified" the cost of this awesome bag. Now I have pre-ordered the pilot, maybe Darcy will mail you one early....may help boost sales....JUST A THOUGHT?! 😉

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0