Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

maverick, we need a Pilot video! (with or without Bihn Legos)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Ordered. Black/Steel for me in case I ever want to use it as a work briefcase. Official use/purchase justification is as a diaper bag for my 2nd baby who is coming in March. For my 1st baby I never really had my own diaper bag; I made do with diapers and wipes in a big ziploc or just tossed stuff into a backpack ad hoc. My wife has a proper one but it is too "purse-like" for me to share (also unnecessarily large/heavy and poorly organized). I was actually planning to order a co-pilot today for this purpose but stumbled into the forums just in time--glad I didn't buy one last week!
    I used my CP as a diaper bag last week and love the compartments for the baby stuff. It was a tad tight when I try to squeeze in his two older brothers' emergency medication. The middle water bottle area was perfect to store our hot water mug to warm up the baby's milk. I will definitely try the Pilot for when I have all the boys with me. Love the design!

JLE, I would also like to know why this size? I love the form and design and I'm sure I will buy one tonight. I had just so hoped for this bag to be sized more between the WF and the Aeronaut. That is the size I need for my one-bagging and the Tri-Star just does not do it for me.

Love this bag though!! Just gotta pick the color ~

I think the size is perfect. I was hoping for something just a bit bigger but still following the layout of my beloved Co-Pilot.

Pilot 15.4” x 11.4” x 5.1”
    Co-Pilot 12” x 10” x 5”

I mostly want to use this bag for conferences where I have to be business-y and I have to carry around papers and relatively small items. In my mind the Co-Pilot is perfect for that… a bag that says business, but functions for me like a purse. But I found that regular sized papers are not easily stored in my Co-Pilot, and I end up folding them in half most of the time.

So while I wanted something bigger, I did not want it much bigger, or it would become burdensome to carry around all day. I find the Co-Pilot with Absolute Strap is very comfortable to carry for hours. The Pilot is just a little wider and a tiny bit taller, so 8.5x11 papers should fit nicely, and with the packing cubes, I am hoping that I will be able to "one-bag" this weekend conference. My only worry is that this trip also involves plane travel, so I will be very tempted to bring knitting…. not sure how that will fit in a Pilot, but I can't wait to get it and find out!
    Last edited by gochicken; 01-08-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Darcy and WenV like this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post

Pilot 15.4 x 11.4 x 5.1
    Co-Pilot 12 x 10 x 5
    ;-( so close but yet so far ....

Horiz Freudian Slip
    15" x 12" x .5" / 380 x 300 x 13 mm
    Weight: 7.4 oz / 205 grams

:-) just makes it?

Large organiser pouch.
    14.5" x 11.2" (370 x 285 mm)
    (fits U.S. or A4 letter papers or file folders):
    List under construction ....

dlg
    Any idea if a 16oz insulated Klean Kanteen will fit in the water bottle pocket?
    And will there be other cache sizes available? I'm stuck with a PC at work :/

Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    Any idea if a 16oz insulated Klean Kanteen will fit in the water bottle pocket?
    No doubt. There is a thread regarding water bottles in the Co-Pilot. The KK insulated 20oz. is a tight fit in the Co-Pilot. Therefore, the 20oz KK in the Pilot should be an easy affair.
    > SIQUID WESTERN FLYER NON CAPIT, DOMI RELINQUENDUM EST.

Western Flyer (ballistic backpack), MCB (parapack/dyneema), Pilot (ballistic), Cache (6Z), Travel Tray, Packing Cube (WF large), Pouches (clear, dyneema, cork, padded, large, small, medium, mini, nano), Pocket Pouch, Absolute Strap (curved), Tri-Power Whistle, a bunch of Key Straps (8" and 16")

compact travel bag, bottle pocket, suitable as a computer brief case, Iberian interior... My Western Flyer is anxious to meet it's cousin.
    > SIQUID WESTERN FLYER NON CAPIT, DOMI RELINQUENDUM EST.

Western Flyer (ballistic backpack), MCB (parapack/dyneema), Pilot (ballistic), Cache (6Z), Travel Tray, Packing Cube (WF large), Pouches (clear, dyneema, cork, padded, large, small, medium, mini, nano), Pocket Pouch, Absolute Strap (curved), Tri-Power Whistle, a bunch of Key Straps (8" and 16")

Am I dreaming??? No, no,no, it's IS real....holds end of recliner...and she pushes the go.... ORDERED ONE NORDIC/SOLAR PILOT...one small and one large packing cube and mini and small solar travel stuff sacks.... Now I can rest!! Maybe....aaahhh waiting....
    Thanks to Tom and his awesome crew!!

Thanks TB for releasing the Pilot! The dimensions are just right....not too big. Just the bag I've been waiting for to use as my business/conference briefcase. I've been using my Cardinal Co-Pilot in the last year and although it is a great bag it is just a tad too small for A4 sized paperwork and files.

Now I'm looking forward to ordering the Pilot...just can't decide whether to go Black/wasabi or Steel/UV.

Darcy, any chance you could post some pictures of the other color options offered for the Pilot? I would really appreciate it... Thank you very much. Would there be other color options offered after February?

Cheers,
    WenV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Darcy likes this.

If underpacked, would the Pilot fit in the Tri-Star, or is it hopelessly too thick for that? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    ...........Now I'm looking forward to ordering the Pilot...just can't decide whether to go Black/wasabi or Steel/UV.

Darcy, any chance you could post some pictures of the other color options offered for the Pilot? I would really appreciate it... Thank you very much. Would there be other color options offered after February?

Cheers,
    WenV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hmmm,
    My guess is there is only one actual prototype kicking around the factory floor at the moment.
    Since its smaller brother (sister) is so close in looks I would suggest going to the co-pilot page to look at the navy option then scroll down to the customer flicker option below to see the other choices.
    WenV likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    maverick, we need a Pilot video! (with or without Bihn Legos)
    it won't be as great as the tom bihn videos of late, but i will make a video of the pilot!
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    If underpacked, would the Pilot fit in the Tri-Star, or is it hopelessly too thick for that? Thanks!
    i think it totally could, yes! depending on how underpacked the pilot is, you may have more or less space in the front and back compartments of the tri-star.

if you take the concept to an extreme, when completely empty, the pilot is three layers of 1050d ballistic (or 400d dyneema), two layers of 200d dyneema, and one layer of ultrasuede.

to give you an idea, i store all of my tom bihn backpacks that are not in use in one two tier elfa bin (20" x 20" x 7"). so in there should be a codura ruck's sac, cordura buzz, cordura synapse 19, dyneema synapse 25, and dyneema western flyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Hmmm,
    My guess is there is only one actual prototype kicking around the factory floor at the moment.
    Since its smaller brother (sister) is so close in looks I would suggest going to the co-pilot page to look at the navy option then scroll down to the customer flicker option below to see the other choices.
    That's exactly right -- the Pilot photographed (Black/Wasabi) is the only Pilot in existence right now. As soon as we make the other colors, I'll post some photos of those.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0