Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    Darcy (or anyone else) ..I have been using my Imago as my personal item when I travel domestically and my Western Flyer as my carry on bag. Since it is a retired bag, the Imago specs are no longer available on the website. Being spatially challenged, I am wondering how the size of the new Pilot compares to the Imago...Thanks!
    Although it's retired, the specs are still online: Imago - Laptop Messenger Bag. Great for the 13" MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. - TOM BIHN

It looks like sizing is fairly similar to the Imago....

Darcy (or anyone else) ..I have been using my Imago as my personal item when I travel domestically and my Western Flyer as my carry on bag. Since it is a retired bag, the Imago specs are no longer available on the website. Being spatially challenged, I am wondering how the size of the new Pilot compares to the Imago...Thanks!
    here are the specs for the Imago Imago - Laptop Messenger Bag. Great for the 13" MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. - TOM BIHN

Volunteer Moderator
    hi Grandcache!

the imago dimensions are - 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5"
    and the pilot dimensions are - 15.4" x 11.4" x 5.1"

Just ordered min, Black and Wasabi !

I sent back my Founders brief as it was too small for me. Even though this one isn't much larger I think the shape of it will make it much more useful for my needs.

Quick question:
    With a cache for a laptop in the main compartment, can you still fit eh packing cube? Or is the cube designed to fill that WHOLE space?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    Just ordered min, Black and Wasabi !

I sent back my Founders brief as it was too small for me. Even though this one isn't much larger I think the shape of it will make it much more useful for my needs.

Quick question:
    With a cache for a laptop in the main compartment, can you still fit eh packing cube? Or is the cube designed to fill that WHOLE space?
    you should be able to carry the packing cube along with the cache in the main compartment - you just won't be able to fill it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I have been carrying around my 13" cache inside my Dyneema Swift with no worries about protection. The bag does fold over a bit if it's not full, which it doesn't do with the Ballistic fabric (I have 2 versiond of this bag). I also have a Dyneema Synapse 19 which has a more rigid structure. I've never worried about Dyneema. In fact, I'm quite taken with it because it repels pet hair. Also, I put the cache in horizontal, not vertical, when I use it with the Swift. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the info!

So happy to see this new bag. I am definitely going to order one in the next month or so. I own the co-pilot and love it.

I wish there was an aubergrine option. But I'll likely order one anyway-- either in steel or navy.
    I am so happy with the size. I cannot one-bag because as a nervous flyer who is not easily entertained by iPad games or reading while on the plane I tend to pack a variety of "options" in my carry-on, but lately the carry-on has gotten to be too big, and. I really need to scale back. It looks like the pilot will fit my iPad, a knitting project, a needlepoint project (I usually bring something small) and a magazine along with my water bottle, food (I have celiac disease so airports can be hard on me. I have to have extra food on hand at all times) and the regular "purse stuff" without being too big. Love it. Now, just what color to order?

Very nice proportions!
    Well done!
    It's nice to see that a Side Effect will fit very nicely in the two front side pockets, will some breathing space to spare!

.....and the Leads Pocket (from the guides pack) will fit nicely in the main compartment.
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 01-08-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Would it be possible to make a video with the Crew or an FOT packing the Pilot, in the style of the video for the Synapse 25, the Side Effect or the Tristar or a slowed down version of the Synapse 25, Swift, Ristretto video with the Pilot, Co-Pilot, Swift and Little Swift?

I have Cordura Swifts and handled the cute Co-Pilot, it would help tremendously to see the scale of all 4 in close proximity.
    WenV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

And also as you've probably come to expect, just because everyone else does it a certain way, doesn't mean we will. First motivated by our desire to reduce the weight of our bags when and where possible, we realized that, if we sew the zippers right side up, we are able to save a bit of weight because we can utilize the woven edge of the zipper tape to finish the zipper seam, rather than adding binding tape as we did before. And when we made samples of the Aeronaut, Pilot, and other bags with the YKK Aquaguard splash-proof zippers sewn right-side up, we took note of how how much we liked the looks of them.

Sewing the Aquaguard zipper in right-side-up (or "teeth-side-out") also overcomes a minor disadvantages to sewing it in upside-down: mainly, the urethane coating on the zipper is no longer exposed to the elements and abrasion. We've found that when we sew the Aquaguard zipper up-side-down (coating exposed), there was occasional, minor shredding of the urethane itself, resulting in a minor change to the aesthetic though not impacting the splash-proofness of the zipper. Sewing the Aquaguard zippers in the same way as we would sew in regular zippers, right side up, puts the urethane coating inside the bag where it's protected, and also allows the teeth to expand, rather than compress, as the zipper rounds corners. Does it affect the water repellency? Nope.
    Interesting regarding the zippers. Will you be moving forward with this updated use of zippers throughout all your products or just updated ones/new designs?

Looks great and I want to buy one but I told myself "no unnecessary purchases" for a few months. My CoPilot is my EDC so this may be the thing I use for personal trips when I bring my personal laptop. My TriStar carries my work laptop great.

It's perfect! Ordered a Steel/UV and hoping to get it in time for a conference in Feb (I wrote a little note on my order).
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Although I voted for black dyneema/wasabi as my color choice in the poll for the new Pilot, I had opportunity to see a Steel/UV Aeronaut at the store a few days before Christmas. I was blown away by its gorgeousness! SO, I have gone ahead and ordered a Steel/UV Pilot. If the bag does for me what I think it may, I may be offloading some bags on eBay later on......including my aubergine/steel/hemp Imago.

In the meantime, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm exhausted and going to take a nap. Please no surprises while I'm gone, although I am awaiting some word on the Aeronaut Jr.........
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Search for Imago: http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0810.html

Imago: 14.5x12.25x3.5
    Pilot: 15.4x11.4x5.1

I would say my Imago is about max. size for EDC. Still dream of a Pilot for EDC plus ?travel. Waiting to see how others fair using it as a clothes carrier Bonus: The two front pockets will easily accomodate an SE.

Peace!

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0