Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Packing Challenge - which Bag?

I'd say maybe an Ego with the Q-AM strap, just because the Super Ego is a HUGE bag, and the ID looks more blatantly "I CONTAIN A LAPTOP" than the Ego IMO.

I love my backpacks, but they are harder to hold on my lap on a bus -- with a messenger-style bag and the Q-AM, you could just swing your bag around to the front for use on buses (I carry my ID like this on crowded buses all the time).

Thanks to everyone for some terrific input - I try to keep an open mind about all possibilities, even backpacks, because that's the only way I can learn something new. I can definitely see the value of the Synapse, and I'd love to explore the possibilities of the Ego. The Smart Alec recommendation is also great; I even like the Western Flyer!
    Just to compare, I dug out my old Tenba messenger style camera bag which is about 1600 cubic inches and loaded with a typical inventory ; it is light weight with plenty room to spare.
    Now is the time to test out the rest of them!

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyodan View Post
    Thanks to everyone for some terrific input - I try to keep an open mind about all possibilities, even backpacks, because that's the only way I can learn something new. I can definitely see the value of the Synapse, and I'd love to explore the possibilities of the Ego. The Smart Alec recommendation is also great; I even like the Western Flyer!
    Just to compare, I dug out my old Tenba messenger style camera bag which is about 1600 cubic inches and loaded with a typical inventory ; it is light weight with plenty room to spare.
    Now is the time to test out the rest of them!
    Actually I think the Western Flyer would be the best option of all, offering just the right amount of organisation, just the right amount of space and three different carrying modes, which sounds like the sort of flexibility you need.

Have fun deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyodan View Post
    I should mention that I'm 61 years old; the fashion police don't look kindly on old dudes with backpacks. My back doesn't like them much either.
    Our physical capabilities and how our gear fits with our style of travel are important considerations.

I'm planning a trip next year and know I won't be able to use a shoulder strap carried carry-on bag this time around, but a backpack really doesn't work well with the type of clothes I normally wear for travel .. So something will have to change...(my fashion police is me)

The ego bag has a kind of pregnant guppy shape that makes it look less like a computer bag than many.

Good luck - it sounds like an amazing adventure.
    List under construction ....

Have you looked at Tom Bihn's new site: Road Duffel, Large - Made in USA Duffel Bag - Ballistic Nylon - Skookum Dog?

Although the market is for dog owners, these bags are not dissimilar to the Aeronaut, but smaller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0