6 4.00%
  • Forest/Steel

14 9.33%
  • Black Dyneema/Wasabi

69 46.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: If the Pilot was made available for pre-order soon...

Originally Posted by monkeylady<br />
    Darcy,<br />
    <br />
    How early next year?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    <br />
    <br />
    Likely some time in March….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boo hoo!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ablakey View Post
    one more...

Black Dyneema/Solar

though I am curious what an Aubergine/ Solar would look like...

I am getting older and really appreciate the brighter insides of solar, and if no solar is available, then wasabi or uv....
    But in the dark or dim light, solar rules.... especially when you throw in light on a lanyard.... (which saved me in Bangladesh a time or two)
    I do think that 400d Black Dyneema/Solar would work well, as would 400d Nordic Dyneema/Solar. I don't think Aubergine/Solar would work well, The problem is that Aubergine has a red cast to it that makes the green tones of Wasabi a better match. That was probably a deliberate design decision when Aubergine was being developed, because it meant that Wasabi could be paired with more Ballistic Nylon colors. In order to get a good combination with a solar interior, you'd need to use a purple with bluer tones, like Plum. Solar works as a good interior color for Steel and Navy, which is why it was a good option when we had an earlier, more restricted range of colors in Ballistic Nylon.

I do think there is a small group of people for whom having Solar as an interior option makes all the difference between buying and not buying a product. Witness the intense lobbying over the period when solar first disappeared.

I would also throw in a vote for Nordic/Wasabi

The fact aside that I do not know what a "Pilot" is since it doesn't exist as a released product yet, (I assume it's an overnight luggage piece, like a cross between a Western Flyer and a Co-Pilot) my favored color combination was not included: Forest exterior, Ultraviolet dyneema interior.
    Last edited by MtnMan; 12-06-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: omitted word added
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Aubergine/Wasabi
    or
    Aubergine/Wasabi
    or maybe
    Aubergine/Wasabi
    earth5 and taminca like this.

Instead of color combination, could I vote for the pilot to be in the fantastic new parapack? I have a black Synapse 19 and olive Large Cafe Bag in parapack and am in love with this fabric.

I 2nd MtnMan 😀

Peace!

Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet Dyneema. I love the combination of the two and the Steel Dyneema exterior seems the best for the fur situation here.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    The fact aside that I do not know what a "Pilot" is since it doesn't exist as a released product yet, (I assume it's an overnight luggage piece, like a cross between a Western Flyer and a Co-Pilot) ....
    That's funny, I was assuming a SLIGHTLY larger CP that could hold a laptop if necessary. Do we have any sort of definitive idea of what the Pilot will be, or is this the TB Rorschach test?

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    That's funny, I was assuming a SLIGHTLY larger CP that could hold a laptop if necessary. Do we have any sort of definitive idea of what the Pilot will be, or is this the TB Rorschach test?
    Yes, I'm hoping for something that is a few inches wider. Just large enough to more comfortably fit a small laptop, but still reasonable to take on my crowded train. Too big, and sadly, it won't be useful as an EDC for me.

When Tom designed the first Large Pouch it was in Cordura and it fit letter size paper very tightly.

Some of us asked if it could be enlarged to fit folders within it and also A4 (European letter size which I believe is slightly larger).

The result was perfect and I have been busy collecting Large Clear Organizer Pouches to wrangle the endless stream of paperwork generated by the era of the "paperless office".

The same slight adjustment could be made to fit iPad sized tablets with keyboard or ultra light laptops and a letter size notebook or notepad, a couple of Large Pouches, the Field Journal Notebook, smart phones and everyday stuff like glasses/contacts related items, pens, medecines/skin care/makeup as well as the Passport Pouch, various Pouches containing travel currencies (coins and bills) and a flexible and re-closable container of cleaning wipes when one is traveling.

Making it Large Cafe Bag size with the formal aesthetic and the east/west orientation of the Co-Pilot.

Black Dyneema/Iberian, please!

I bought TB bags with solar and wasabi lining. Neither moves me as much as the Iberian as a bag lining.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Black Dyneema/Iberian, please!

I bought TB bags with solar and wasabi lining. Neither moves me as much as the Iberian as a bag lining.
    So did you order a Swift or Little Swift in the Black Dyneema/Iberian? It's really nice, and I don't think the pictures do it justice.

If the Pilot was made available for pre-order soon...

@Moriond, I have been looking at the LS - but I do not need another LS . I have the LS in the cacao ultrasounds and cork - they do not get much use these days.

My EDC is the Nordic co-pilot during the week; steel dyneema side effect on weekends.

I wish the co-pilot and side effect come in the black dyneema/Iberian. I will buy them as soon as they are available for pre-order.
    Last edited by Walker; 12-08-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanisol View Post
    I second the Storm/Nordic idea. Or Storm/Ultraviolet or Solar. Also Aubergine/Wasabi.
    Storm is a Cordura color and Nordic an exterior Dyneema color so I don't think this pair is even possible but... If the Crew decided to make a Nordic/Storm, I'll be there in a New York minute, make that a Transporter second.
    moriond and Walker like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast