Like Tree746Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Pied View Post
    The return of cork would be great.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Perhaps this is a repeat: I'd like to see key straps where one end has an O-ring.I find snaphook-to-snaphook connections a bit sloppy.I'm hesitant to break off one of them.Ahh! The teeny brainhurt :P

Peace!
    I had this same brainhurt and solved it by buying a 100-pack of keyrings from Amazon for like $5. Now I just grab a keyring to hook up keystraps/OPs to each other. It also makes it easy to connect, e.g., 3 OPs to one key strap.

Here's a simple one: how about a 16" keystraps in Iberian Dyneema, Nordic Dyneema and Black Dyneema? Now that I have a Navy/iberian Co-Pilot I'm looking for more matching accessories.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

I am currently patiently (?) waiting for the new knitting bag, but right now at the top of my "dream bag" list is an Ultraviolet Dyneema Pilot to coordinate with my other bags which are Plum, Aubergine, Navy, and Black. I know so far the heavier weight Dyneema has not been available in ultraviolet, but there have not even been any ultraviolet Side Effects in the 200d. If for some reason it is not possible, how about something in a similar colorway in the new parapack fabric. Please do something special for us purple fans. :-)
    Last edited by Grandcache; 01-25-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    Same thing I wished for in 2013....drawstring backpack. My kiddo uses these in middle school for gym clothes and toting things from locker to classroom.
    Would a re-issue of the old Tom Bihn Ruck's Sack do the trick?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Would a re-issue of the old Tom Bihn Ruck's Sack do the trick?
    Definitely! Could use it as a gym bag too. Would love to see a TB duffel bag like Skookum Dog's duffel, just put a TB logo on it, haha! If I get a dog in the future I'll pick one up.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Today, I finally Googled "Skookum Dog" to see what all the fuss was about.

I was impressed by the Skookum Dog Medium Road Duffel. At first glance, the 2200 cubic inch SDMRD appears to be just 200 cubic inches smaller than the very similarly configured Red Oxx Safari-Beano's PR5 (The SDMRD currently boasts a $35 price advantage over the PR5, as well as apparent built-in "o" rings.) The only thing I don't like about either duffel is that, unlike the Tom Bihn Aeronaut, there are no backpack straps or rubber splash-guard zippers.

Do you think it would be worth another $35 for Tom Bihn to equip the SDMRD with backpack-ability and splash-guard zippers?

I like the Coyote color on the Skookum Dog goodies.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

More of the straps and rails of Tri-Star and Cadet shared with the Western Flyer, and some more bright lining colors!

The Synapse 25 in black/uv or black/solar. Was it ever offered in those combos before?
    Last edited by Tachiyaku; 01-28-2014 at 06:40 PM.

For the website, more pictures of items so that we can get a sense of the colors. (I know, I know, monitors vary, but it's hard to guess whether navy is closer to royal blue or to midnight blue, or whether olive is a warm or neutral light green, etc. etc.)

Product-wise, more red fabrics (maroon, burgundy, crimson, raisin, brick, etc.--any of these would be nice).

A replacement for the Imago, pretty please.

The return of ultrasuede as a fabric, which would be super in the Side Effect and the small café bag.

Oh, and that diaper bag, that'd be terrific!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Another wish for the list....one of the things I love about my Imago is the amount of adjustment available on the buckle. My cafe bags don't have this feature and it makes it harder to securely accommodate different size loads. I am really hoping that if the new cross body bag has a buckle type closure, it will allow for shortening/lengthening as needed.

BTW... I am so happy I am lucky enough to own an Imago. I didn't love it at first, but at this point it would be hard to do without it. It really is an awesome bag...and very versatile!
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

I was just reviewing another thread that mentioned the Cadet minimalist briefcase, and so I decided to visit the Cadet product page. It seems some changes have been made there. The smaller Cadet (for 11-inch MacBook Air) is no longer available. The larger Cadet is currently only available with a black exterior color (steel on backorder till late April). I also visited the Cadet photo set on Flickr. Am I the only one who thinks the navy-blue exterior / solar interior looks fantastic (also look good for Aeronauts, btw)?

The other thread I was visiting was about carrying a Cadet inside a Tri-Star for trips. I was intrigued by this combination; eventually I will buy some travel luggage, and this could be a useful combination (if I get a laptop to take on a trip; right now I'm desktop-only).

Another color combination I really like with the Aeronaut is steel exterior / ultraviolet-dyneema interior. I'd like others to give feedback on using this combination for both the Tri-Star and the Cadet. Would this seem attractive / popular?

If there are some common ideas that keep popping up in this thread, it has been a call for certain color combinations (especially ultraviolet-dyneema interiors) and some kind of new rucksack (or revival of the old Tom Bihn Ruck's Sac). What does everyone think?

I'm planning to take a MacBook Pro Retina with me on a trip next month, and have bought a ton of Tom Bihn stuff to contain it. My initial plan was to take it in a Cache in my shiny new Tri-Star, but then I got paranoid about the relatively fragile screen and rental car trunks, and picked up a Brain Cell for the extra protection. Which is great! But means my computer will go through security naked, which makes me a little nervous.

So what I'd like to see is a Cache/Brain Cell hybrid. Basically, remove the soft padded inner lining and replace it with a sleeve similar to the Cache, complete with rails, and webbing loops inside the Brain Cell. Or a hard-sided Cache cradle that enclosure similar to a Brain Cell. All the protection of a Brain Cell, combined with the protective checkpoint friendliness of a Cache allowing for constant protection for the more paranoid among us.

I'm debating picking up an old Brain Cell on eBay and trying to DIY it, but I've never been very crafty.

After seeing Nordic dyneema in person, and given that the Pilot and SE have come out in this colour combo, I've still got my hopes up for a Nordic/Solar Synapse 19

Also thinking that navy/wasabi might work as a colour combo, maybe to commemorate the Seahawks win?

I'm going to echo wishes...

A slightly larger Synapse (S28 ) And/Or
    A slightly smaller Brain Bag (BB 2000)
    *capacity for both/either: 1800-2000 cu in (28-30 L)

Current Brain Bag could use a frame sheet system since it is capable of heavier loads which is already indicated in the design by inclusion of waist belt and sternum strap.

While I think the same applies to current model S25...I think a frame sheet may compromise the packs ability to hug it's load and maintain its lower profile.

A larger Synapse (S28 ) should include same (frame sheet, sternum strap and waist belt).

As a compromise...maybe just a compartment in the packs designed to hold the frame sheet and an option to purchase it with pack.

Realistically...we all carry some degree of soft, hard, heavy and/or edgy items in our packs and "smart" packing does not apply to everyone in every instance (I'm sure we all try). An internal frame sheet would provide more support and comfort and protect the back from the not so soft items.

Just some thoughts...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tltb26; 02-05-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast