Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Ditto JLE. This can be as simple as a slightly larger PCSB for me to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    I would like:

1. An ultra-slim laptop briefcase designed to fit inside the centre compartment of the Tri Star. One main compartment large enough to fit a cache and a small number of papers, a few small interior pockets and an open exterior pocket on the back. A small carry handle and attachment points for a shoulder strap.

2. I second the comment above about an imago-sized bag with a zippered main compartment and no flap

3. Ditto for a zippered cafe bag.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    I am green with envy, Miking. You got to work (in some fashion) for Elton John, Rush and Alice Cooper. Wow.

Hope you got paid well.
    It truly is a blessed life, especially when you can work with artists of that caliber. My first love is rock n' roll and the old saying "find a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" definitely applies. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

As for pay it ussually directly corresponds with how responsible I am for the 100,000 lbs of lights, speakers and video screens hanging above the heads of fans, rock stars, divas, celebrities, heads of state, multi-national CEOs and Justin Beiber.

I would like to see a pouch similar to the 3D clear organizer but smaller .. I would like to build a First Aid Kit using something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    I would like to see a pouch similar to the 3D clear organizer but smaller .. I would like to build a First Aid Kit using something similar.

Yes, this! How funny, I was just thinking this morning that something like this would be perfect. I'd like it to be available in all three options i.e. clear, mesh and all-dyneema. I'd use a mesh one for tech accessories when I really only need the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post

The 3D Organizer Cubes are not that big, they fit into a Small Cafe Bag, They are roughly the size of a Small Pouch but in 3D.

Either one would make a fine first aid kit.

I currently use the 3D organizer cube for a first aid kit with a sampling if the usual ingredients. Backpack is right; the cube isn't that large. I've also carried more abbreviated kits in the mini clear OP. When I am facing time out of country, I make a separate allergy kit, for quick retrieval, and also move up the size of my first aid kit to include travel meds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Thank you, I've been afraid to ask for one. I'd love one with a padded/lined pocket for my glasses and some kind of net pouch to put brass in that dirt and sand would fall through. A specific pocket for ear protection would be a real plus. The pockets in the Side Effect hold two mag's perfectly. Just so you know.
    I'd love this. I'd buy at least 4 cause all the ladies in my family shoot
    Last edited by aryabird; 12-16-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    Moose and Flinx like this.
    Indigo/Solar Tri-Star, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Black/Wasabi iPad Ristretto, Forest/UV Smart Alec

The snake charmer in a color other than black or grey. Olive perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Thank you, I've been afraid to ask for one. I'd love one with a padded/lined pocket for my glasses and some kind of net pouch to put brass in that dirt and sand would fall through. A specific pocket for ear protection would be a real plus. The pockets in the Side Effect hold two mag's perfectly. Just so you know.
    I like your thinking!
    Water resistant, outside end pocket for a water bottle, specific storage for eye and ear protection, I like the idea of a brass collection sack made of a material that would shed/sift sand and dirt, dual-zipper top, rigid bottom, well padded all around, a modular interior that would allow for custom configuration, molle or hook-and-loop on the interior for accessory attachment, definitely an Absolute Shoulder Strap... I could go on.

And yeah, tacti-cool is NOT.

A solar interior would do me fine, hard to lose anything against that brightness. But a blaze-orange interior would be nice, too.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    I would prefer red or blue.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The 3D Organizer Cubes are not that big, they fit into a Small Cafe Bag, They are roughly the size of a Small Pouch but in 3D.

Either one would make a fine first aid kit.
    I agree ... I have a 3D, but I still would like to see something similar but smaller in size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. +1 on a range bag. I use a ristretto for pistol right now, but have to hang my ear protection on the strap and they get in they way.
    2. New sling bag, I love my buzz, but it's starting to show it's age.
    3. Phone pocket that I can hang on any strap. One of my favorite features of the buzz is slotting an mp3 player in the strap pocket.
    4. Skookum duffles with a TB logo, and black straps. These look like they'd be great gym bags, but I'm a much bigger fan of the TB logo than the dog one, and I don't own a dog.

I think if the passport pouch were slightly enlarged to also accommodate the TB wallet, it would be more useful. There should be one 0-ring on the inside near the top.
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    I would love to see the Snake Charmer, the 3D Clear Organizer Cube, and the 3D Mesh Organizer Cube all available in more colors, especially red, yellow, forest-green and blue.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I've been checking out some of the backpacks and other luggage items on the Bihn web-site. It seems that there is a limited availability of "ultra-violet" dyneema inner-lining for certain carry bags.

For example: I wanted to see if it were possible to order a Synapse with a black 420d exterior and an ultra-violet interior. (I like how the UV lining looks and reflects the ambient light when you're opening up the bag to look for something; this is an aspect I always look for what I view photos and demo-videos of bags; the best interior dyneema linings seem to be solar, ultra-violet and iberian red. The black seems to go well with the ultra-violet, as shown in at least one of the Bihn site's photos of the Synapse 19, but this backpack appears to no longer be available with the ultra-violet interior.)

Judging from product photos and older blog photos on the Bihn site, the Aeronaut looks outstanding with these combinations:

steel 1050d exterior, ultra-violet interior lining
    steel 1050 ext., solar int.
    forest 1050 ext., ultra-violet int.
    navy 1050d ext., solar int.

Some of these combinations are no longer available, though.

I wish they were. I noticed that the ultra-violet and solar inner linings are especially potent at improving bag interior visibility. I admit there's also a personal aesthetic factor involved; YMMV.

Has Bihn ever produced an Aeronaut with a black 1050d exterior and an ultra-violet dyneema interior? That would be an intriguing color combination to see. I imagine solar dyneema linings would not go well with 1050d black or forest exteriors, though. That would seem to clash, color-wise.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast