Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree793Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Thank you, I've been afraid to ask for one. I'd love one with a padded/lined pocket for my glasses and some kind of net pouch to put brass in that dirt and sand would fall through. A specific pocket for ear protection would be a real plus. The pockets in the Side Effect hold two mag's perfectly. Just so you know.
    Make this another vote for one. The only ones available look like something SWAT would have. I grew out of my tacti-cool phase.

I'm still waiting for a larger version of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. The easiest would be a large Packing Cube Shoulder Bag the size of the Packing Cube Backpack, with detachable straps. I also wouldn't mind seeing a bigger version of the PCSB that isn't as big as the PCBP... something closer to a square-ish size (like the regular packing cubes).

Also interested in seeing the Nordic and Black Dyneema for both the PCSB and PCBP.

I'd love to see a mini wallet or organizer that has a clip on two (parallel) sides or with the ring in the center so I can wear it as an ID holder on a lanyard.

Lastly, I'd love to see a longer Handle Loop I can wear around my neck to hang an ID holder off of.

Oh, and I don't know that this fits under "new product ideas" but in the last couple of years, the cords in the packs of cord zipper pulls got shortened. They work fine for the stubbier zipper pulls, but I don't like to cut the zipper pulls off... and the current length of the cords are too short to install correctly. They need at least an inch on them. Can you please fix that? Their lengths USED to be fine and they got shorter and now they don't work anymore. Anytime I get cord zipper pulls, I have to go to the fabric store to buy my own paracord to use with instead. Thanks.
    eWalker likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I'd love to see a mini wallet or organizer that has a clip on two (parallel) sides or with the ring in the center so I can wear it as an ID holder on a lanyard.

Lastly, I'd love to see a longer Handle Loop I can wear around my neck to hang an ID holder off of.
    +1 I would like one that I can use with laminated passes and "stickies" the average one is 4"x3"
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  284.3 KB
    taminca likes this.

I am green with envy, Miking. You got to work (in some fashion) for Elton John, Rush and Alice Cooper. Wow.

Hope you got paid well.
    Lani likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    I'm still waiting for a larger version of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. The easiest would be a large Packing Cube Shoulder Bag the size of the Packing Cube Backpack, with detachable straps. I also wouldn't mind seeing a bigger version of the PCSB that isn't as big as the PCBP... something closer to a square-ish size (like the regular packing cubes).

Also interested in seeing the Nordic and Black Dyneema for both the PCSB and PCBP.
    I'm not sure this will happen because these items are still flagged primarily to do packing cube duty inside of bags. Darcy has said that the 400d Dyneema fabric is designated only for use in exterior bags.

Oh, and I don't know that this fits under "new product ideas" but in the last couple of years, the cords in the
    packs of cord zipper pulls got shortened. They work fine for the stubbier zipper pulls, but I don't like to cut the zipper pulls off... and the current length of the cords are too short to install correctly. They need at least an inch on them. Can you please fix that? Their lengths USED to be fine and they got shorter and now they don't work anymore. Anytime I get cord zipper pulls, I have to go to the fabric store to buy my own paracord to use with instead. Thanks.
    It may be too hard to do during the Christmas rush, but the last time I wanted longer cords for the zipper pulls, they told me to put that into the request comments, and they would cut that size for me.
    Lani likes this.

I wish for:
    -o-rings in the packing cube shoulder bag
    -cafe bag with a softer, more comfortable shoulder strap, and the ability to cinch down the top flap of the bag when it is less full
    -more guarantee of color choice when it comes to ordering organizer pouches, pocket pouches, etc (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I wish for:
    Maybe they haven't always but I was pleasantly surprised when I found that my packing cube shoulder bag had an O-ring in each pocket even though it doesn't mention it on the product page.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HYPEractiv View Post
    Make this another vote for one. The only ones available look like something SWAT would have. I grew out of my tacti-cool phase.
    I'm with you, no mall ninjas. I love the TB classy look. I'd want a ballistic exterior, sheds twigs and so on. Ultraviolet interior. Sturdy row(s) of strapping maybe with gate keeper clips. Room for a water bottle and snacks. Storm proof zipper. Tom already has all the parts and pieces. Probably an Absolute strap. I have a bit of a trek every time I go out. Just some random thoughts.
    Last edited by Moose; 12-13-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    More Nordic, more UV, more Aubergine!

A larger Wallet the size of the Small Pouch.
    Amen on both accounts!

I've got my fingers crossed for a stylish tote-style purse with a zipper. Something I could carry everyday, but could still handle some workout clothes or a jacket thrown in. Maybe "small overnight/gym bag" is a better definition than a purse tote? Anyway, I want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Maybe they haven't always but I was pleasantly surprised when I found that my packing cube shoulder bag had an O-ring in each pocket even though it doesn't mention it on the product page.
    I clipped my wallet into the O rings of mine and never worried about pickpockets on my trip to Italy once. Even though I'm absentminded as can be, I always clipped my wallet in. The PCSB is the best!

As for my wishes: Black/UV anything! Black Dyneema/UV is also allowable. I'd buy an Aeronaut or Smart Alec in a second if only they came in the colors I wanted.

Also, FTR, my previous wish list wish came to fruition. I wanted blinky light loops on the Synapse. Too late for my 19, but all other Synapses have them now!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpkick View Post
    Amen on both accounts!

I've got my fingers crossed for a stylish tote-style purse with a zipper. Something I could carry everyday, but could still handle some workout clothes or a jacket thrown in. Maybe "small overnight/gym bag" is a better definition than a purse tote? Anyway, I want it!
    You can transform a Swift into a zippered tote purse by using the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag as a center pocket.

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag color can be matched to the interior Dyneema of the Swift for a seamless look or contrasted for a high fashion look.

It can also be secured to the Swift by linking the side O-rings to the matching O-rings on each side of the Swift with a Short Key Strap.

Dear Tom Bihn Santa,

I would like a Cardinal/Solar Aeronaut.

I also second the ID/Badge holder and lanyard with color options like Solar, UV, Iberian, Navy, Black, etc.
    Janine and jaon like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I wish for:
    -cafe bag with a softer, more comfortable shoulder strap, and the ability to cinch down the top flap of the bag when it is less full
    -more guarantee of color choice when it comes to ordering organizer pouches, pocket pouches, etc (!)
    The softer, more comfortable Cafe Bag shoulder strap wish has already been granted. See Darcy's post in the Cafe bag strap changes? thread. All the Cafe bags that have been produced since they started making the 420d HT Nylon Parapack Cafe bags use the softer, more pliable straps that were like the shoulder strap versions used a couple of years ago. I have a Cordura Cafe bag in Plum/Wasabi that arrived yesterday with this strap. (I called to make sure of the strap I would be getting, since this change only applies to new production batches and not the older stock).

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    The softer, more comfortable Cafe Bag shoulder strap wish has already been granted. See Darcy's post in the Cafe bag strap changes? thread. All the Cafe bags that have been produced since they started making the 420d HT Nylon Parapack Cafe bags use the softer, more pliable straps that were like the shoulder strap versions used a couple of years ago. I have a Cordura Cafe bag in Plum/Wasabi that arrived yesterday with this strap. (I called to make sure of the strap I would be getting, since this change only applies to new production batches and not the older stock).
    Yay!!! I've wanted a packing cube shoulder bag for quite a while, but had held off because I thought there weren't o-rings. And so excited about the softer cafe bag strap too!
    Last edited by Sarah; 12-13-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

JLE
    I would like:

1. An ultra-slim laptop briefcase designed to fit inside the centre compartment of the Tri Star. One main compartment large enough to fit a cache and a small number of papers, a few small interior pockets and an open exterior pocket on the back. A small carry handle and attachment points for a shoulder strap.

2. I second the comment above about an imago-sized bag with a zippered main compartment and no flap

3. Ditto for a zippered cafe bag.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast