Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree747Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

After seeing the aeronaut, key strap, and q kit in coyote I'm hoping to see a BB in coyote.

I know there were BBs made in Cocoa some years back, so I'll just say that Cocoa BBs would likely be very well-received if they were made again Not just by forum regulars too, I'd bet!

It would also place me in a dilemma (Grey? Cocoa?) over what colour new BB to get, but those are the best kind of dilemma.
    Janine likes this.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego seat-belt buckle stripe, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Volunteer Moderator
    Please when you do the next refresh of the Side Effect, add more Dyneema options: 200d versions in Iberian, Ultraviolet, and Wasabi (again), or Steel with other lining color combinations (like UV). In 400d Dyneema, even if only Black is currently available, how about also pairing it with UV and Iberian interiors as you've started to do with other travel bags?

And more Side Effects in parapak colors please... Especially Olive 420d, and with corded pulls rather than metal. I prefer the lighter weight and stealth mode ☺

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    And more Side Effects in parapak colors please... Especially Olive 420d, and with corded pulls rather than metal. I prefer the lighter weight and stealth mode ☺

Sadly they won't be going back to the black pulls and cord those have been phased out for good.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego seat-belt buckle stripe, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post

Totally agree on both point, especially the parapack part.

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Sadly they won't be going back to the black pulls and cord those have been phased out for good.
    @adalangdon, perhaps if we wished hard enough and loudly enough, our voices would be heard ... Pretty please?

Lunch bag & may be do a collaborative work with company that makes lunch box in USA (like tom bihn bag pattern designed water bottle from liberty bottle works)!

I've a hankering for a bright exterior Dyneema colorway. Was UV ever available in 400d? I know there was a UV Synapse at one time... I'd love a UV Daylight Backpack!

More bright and/or cute colors, maybe some patterns! The bags are beautiful, but so much more serious than any outfit I'd be wearing with them.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I've a hankering for a bright exterior Dyneema colorway. Was UV ever available in 400d? I know there was a UV Synapse at one time... I'd love a UV Daylight Backpack!
    Nope, what happened is that before 400d Dyneema was developed, the Synapse was released in a Steel/Solar version (with 200d Dyneema) that quickly sold out in the original offering. Then with the release if other colors of 200d Dyneema, such as Iberian and Ultravioket, and in response to requests, they made some 200d Dyneema Synapses in Iberian and UV, and also made some Co-Pilots in 200d Dyneema colors. @Janine has a request for the DLBP in 200d Dyneema, and @badger has said! based on experience with a 200d Dyneema Synapse, that she agrees the material would hold up. Also, @Darcy has been hiking with the 200d Steel/Solar Synapse from the original Synapse release for all these years. But abrasion might be a concern for long term use. I also like the 200d Dyneema Side Effects.

HTH moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Nope, what happened is that before 400d Dyneema was developed, the Synapse was released in a Steel/Solar version (with 200d Dyneema) that quickly sold out in the original offering. Then with the release if other colors of 200d Dyneema, such as Iberian and Ultravioket, and in response to requests, they made some 200d Dyneema Synapses in Iberian and UV, and also made some Co-Pilots in 200d Dyneema colors. @Janine has a request for the DLBP in 200d Dyneema, and @badger has said! based on experience with a 200d Dyneema Synapse, that she agrees the material would hold up. Also, @Darcy has been hiking with the 200d Steel/Solar Synapse from the original Synapse release for all these years. But abrasion might be a concern for long term use. I also like the 200d Dyneema Side Effects.

HTH moriond
    Thanks moriond! So helpful as always. I'm not too concerned about abrasion, I'm thinking of this as a very portable EDC that packs away in my main bag for travel then comes out at the destination. Or, when at home, I could use it as a PCBP for the gym. I love my Steel and Black Dyneema, but would love to mix it up with a pop of color!
    Last edited by haraya; 09-04-2014 at 03:46 PM.

I use my 200d Dyneema accessories all the time and I've never had a problem with abrasion, either. My 200d SE is used daily, thrown into other bags and carried separately, and it looks just as great today as it did over a year ago when I bought it. This SE has been in continual use since May of last year!

I think that when 400d Dyneema was released, Darcy's casual comment about it being less durable than Ballistic freaked a lot of people out, and now there is this weird notion floating around that Dyneema is fragile or requires special care. It certainly isn't fragile. I checked my 400d Aeronaut when I flew to Denver two months ago and it held up beautifully. Many people have been stuffing and overloading their Shop Bags for years.

Is Dyneema as tough as Ballistic? Of course not. It wasn't designed to stop a bullet. But as far as durable, flexible, high-performance fabrics go, it's excellent and we can expect that Dyneema bags of either weight will stand up to the rigors of EDC.
    ncb4, WenV and haraya like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I was musing this morning as I packed my bag for work: Do we need a mid-size single-compartment backpack?

Today Mr. Janine is rocking the Smart Alec. I think it's a good choice for him because of the waist and chest straps (he's a lot more aggressive on his bike than I am) and it will hold a wide variety of items in different sizes and shapes. I would normally be carrying my DLBP of Steely Goodness, but I'm having trouble getting my lunch box strapped properly to my bike. (It doesn't fit in the DLBP with all my other stuff.) So I opted for the S25, which I love, and it worked great.

What if another size of Daylight was offered that was in all regards the same as the Daylight except for the width of the side panels? Just enough for approximately 20L capacity, so roughly the same size as a S19. The extra depth would help a regular-size lunch box fit better inside. At some point the unpadded straps of the Daylight would be uncomfortable but I don't know where that balance point would be. Alternately, a mini Smart Alec would achieve the same effect and bring with it good padding and a large, open main compartment. I think I'd rather have the light weight and simple construction of a supersized Daylight, though.
    Last edited by Janine; 09-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    ncb4 likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I certainly don't need another Bihn buying spree , but have been thinking how nice it would be to have the SCB back in Kelly. This time with a Steel interior (Dyneema??). Or a Wasabi Dyneema lining a would be cool!!

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast