Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Two more things I'd love to see--first double organizer pouches that don't have a clear front. I really like the option of the double pouches but the clear front is just so sticky.
    The key to carry Clear Pouches together is to always remember to face their sticky front to the front of a bag pocket or the back of the bag or another Pouch or Cube fabric side.

In case of Clear Cubes on both sides, an all fabric Pouch or Cube can be used as buffer.

I need to test the Q-Kit for that purpose as well.

I have been using Clear Pouches since they were first introduced. Orienting them so they don't stick, is now, second nature, even in a hurry.

It helps to use Key Straps and to place Pouches in the same configuration inside one's EDC.

The key Strap enable dangling of Pouches and Cubes, for a speedy task, for example when in line, then step aside to place everything back together.

So very grateful for the creation of Cubes and Pouches, they really bring the Zen of TB's Mothership in everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    @moriond

I thought so too. Too bad.
    I understand the built with Cache but I would prefer Brain Cell with its easy slide in/out and maximum protection.

I really do like Synapse line as it is more eye-pleasing with its curvy design, colorful exterior and dyneema lining.
    Would TB somehow add Dyneema Lining in the next-next Revision of Brain Bag? It is really somewhat left-out not to include Dyneema Lining for such great Brain Bag. Also, one of the reason I love TB is I want lighter lining such as Dyneema Solar/Wasabi. That's what TB is famous for as well.

As for Bottle, I had noted mjpinter's suggestion. Stuff Sack is a good suggestion and will be great alternative shall the Stuff Rack has longer string over one's Shoulder.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Just realize that Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with 300mm (11.75") Height could possibly hold a 50 oz (1.5L) Narrow-Body Bottle. Though, additional $12 - compare to Stuff Rack at $20 (Max: 9").
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You can always add a request for Dyneema Brain Bag linings to the Tom Bihn wish list thread. They've recently been working with Parapack to provide another light weight material that can be used for solid colors. Parapack is difficult to dye well, and currently is only available in Navy, Steel, Olive, and Black. In time there may be light colored Parapack options.
    As everyone may recall @Darcy mentioned that Brain Bag would receive a new revised design soon and price will increased to $190, additionally $30. Also, with 420d as Lining and others material changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Note on the Brain Bag: the next batch of Brain Bags will be made with an exterior of 1000d Cordura, an interior of Parapack, and (due to your popular demand) a bottom of 1050d ballistic nylon. And, oh yeah: more o-rings (!!!). When the updated Brain Bag debuts, the new price will be $190.
    I hope TB may consider Dyneema Color: Wasabi/Solar for its Lining, in addition to Parapack colors which are notably darker.
    Perhaps, this could also be 2015 Tom Bihn's Wish List.

I am not in the hurry to buy one - have to wait until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
    Would love to have either extensions for the Tom Bihn Ultimate Strap or a whole new strap designed to attach it to a tripod as a carry strap. I've looked and looked but nothing compares to the gel filled comfort and shoulder saving of the Ultimate Strap. So something where the gel actually extends up over the shoulder in a "sling" style would be awesome....if this makes any sense.
    I'm not sure I follow 100%, but OpTech, who makes the Absolute strap for TB, has other variations, including a sling strap for cameras.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
    Would love to have either extensions for the Tom Bihn Ultimate Strap or a whole new strap designed to attach it to a tripod as a carry strap. I've looked and looked but nothing compares to the gel filled comfort and shoulder saving of the Ultimate Strap. So something where the gel actually extends up over the shoulder in a "sling" style would be awesome....if this makes any sense.
    You should check Op/Tech Usa I believe in their site you will find connectors for the Absolute Shoulder Strap (S.O.S. Strap) and Complete Straps for both tripods and cameras.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    I would love to see a two compartment packable daypack (like a Herschel daypack) made of dyneema with lockable zips and compressed foam straps to use for ultralight traveling. That would be perfect for me.

*cross my fingers*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The DLBP is close enough for me. Thanks for making my wish come true!!

Imagine this...a packing cube shoulder bag variation that is a take-off on the Daylight Backpack. In some of the fun cordura colors, possibly with a shingle pocket(s). Just brainstorming as I gaze upon my very loved DLBP...

Even at the risk of sounding like a broken record, getting the Nordic color back into the store would be something high up on my wish list! I recently got the PCBP and Side Effect in Nordic and it is so beautiful.
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut, TB packing cubes and accessories.

Is there already a request on the docket for a vertically-oriented Large Clear Organizer Pouch? (I guess the Double OP would be ideal, but either type would do. ) I have my (single) Large Clear OP in my Smart Alec right now, and while I have enough clearance to slip my hand in and pull out smaller papers - or, say, passports - for anything full-sized I have to pull the whole thing out.

(I know there's a vertical Freudian Slip, but I like the water-resistance and the zipper of the Clear OP. )

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    The NFTD isn't quite right for yoga. Other than the mat, you can fit most other yoga accessories in something as small as a cafe bag. It's the mat I would love a bag for. A typical mat is 26-28" wide when rolled and put either in or clipped to most yoga bags. I was thinking a TB version of one of these bags.

I'd love something like this
    GO Roam
    or this (this is the bag I have now)
    MatSak Cotton Canvas Yoga Mat Bag

But I can imagine something like one of these in Dyneema
    GO Light
    GO Play
    I would love a bag for bootcamp, where I have to bring weights and a yoga mat. I like that this one is a tote for my weights, but a zip slip compartment for a yoga mat (rather than clipping to the bottom of the bag). Please note, I do not like the bling on this bag at all. I know Tom could make it way more stylish.

http://http://www.blogilates.com/blo...e-full-circle/

Sorry, I don't know how not have the entire URL show up on my ipad.
    jess likes this.

A really simple collapsible Dyneema duffel - like a large Q-Kit with a shoulder strap/handles or a NFTD minus the bells and whistles - to collapse into another bag and then use for extra gear/shopping on the return trip.

Shop bag that closes

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (this forum is a long wish list ), but I'd like a bag that I can pack in my luggage going, use for shopping on the trip and then use as an additional carry-on (ahem, if needed) on the way back.

The shop bag is tempting, but won't work if it can't be closed.

shop bags?

Something like these: Shop Bag - Reusable shopping bag that won't give up. Uber tough and ultralight. - TOM BIHN
    I like that they are light, but as an emergency (i.e. I bought too much on my trip) carry-on, I'd like something that could close at the top.
    eWalker likes this.

Summarizing from several people in a thread post on "Yarn Stuff Sacks vs Travel Stuff Sacks" that @Rufus started:

Add a clip to the Travel Stuff Sack and Travel Tray so they can be used with the O-Ring system.

It is great to have the Stuff Sacks linked to my backpacks - that way I can find things in my backpack without worrying something will fall out and get lost. If I need to pull a Stuff Sack out to get at something, it will just hang out of the bag waiting for me to put it back!

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 07-27-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Shop Bag with a top that closes, and nonslip handles please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ca1i View Post
    Something like these: Shop Bag - Reusable shopping bag that won't give up. Uber tough and ultralight. - TOM BIHN
    I like that they are light, but as an emergency (i.e. I bought too much on my trip) carry-on, I'd like something that could close at the top.
    Yes!! A shop bag with a zipper would be amazing, esp. for those of us who take public transportation home after shopping trips. If you set a shop bag down on the floor of the bus, you can't let go of the handles, or you risk having your tomatoes and apples roll out and under the seats. (Ask me how I know.)

Also, I would love to see some nonslip material on the grab portions of the Shop Bag handles. I keep mine in a backpack for post-work shopping trips, which means that the homeward journey carry is backpack + full Shop Bag. If the bag is heavy, and I want to put it on my shoulder (where there is already a backpack strap), it slides right off.
    timothy and Ca1i like this.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast