Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree793Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

I imagine with the five new product introductions that any movement from the Wish List will be for next year! But, I figured I'd put in a placeholder for something that occurred to me today. I wonder if there could be a version of the Medium Double Organizer Pouch that has two smaller pockets? Front or back - doesn't matter. Kind of the same concept as the shingled pockets in the Daylight Backpack. They could be on the same two-way zipper, much like the top inner pocket of the Smart Alec. So, one of the compartments of the DOP would be divided in two.

And the rationale behind this is that when I use my Medium Double Organizer Pouch in my Small Cafe Bag to hold essentials, they all fit in the front pocket, BUT they tend to slide to the bottom when the DOP is used vertically. (Typical contents: lipstick, lip balm, mints, allergy/first-aid meds, pen, hair accessories.) And when everything slides to the bottom, it makes the bag bulge and become unwieldy. I could probably mitigate this by using two Small DOPs instead, but after a while there are too many pouches in the bag. Just a thought... maybe others have had this experience, or can suggest a user hack?
    eWalker likes this.

Wish for:

a sling bag of dyneema for dog walking--- nothing too fancy. just to carry: a treat bag, a phone, keys, poop bags, a ball and a water bottle and small bowl. The love is extra and comes with each bag.

Could you offer more clear cubes? And Bigger ones, too? If something is zipped into fabric, it just disappears for me. If I can see some of it (like the quarter clear cube --- out of stock at moment, of course!), it helps so much more.

thanks.

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Can't believe i just thought of this, but ... Maybe a Kiwi SE? (If we could have an all-solar SE... :-) Why not this?) There are lots of kiwi-deprived kiwi fans here!
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Since we are wishing...Aubergine Cafe bags, please -- Small and Medium -- Preferably with Steel or Ultraviolet interiors. Thanks for asking!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Burnt Orange Brain Bag please ..... and key straps in all colours

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Can't believe i just thought of this, but ... Maybe a Kiwi SE? (If we could have an all-solar SE... :-) Why not this?) There are lots of kiwi-deprived kiwi fans here!
    I'm right there with you. I've been asking and wishing for a kiwi SE. I check the SE page daily, just in case...
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Two more things I'd love to see--first double organizer pouches that don't have a clear front. I really like the option of the double pouches but the clear front is just so sticky.

Second, and I'm just throwing this out there, am I the only one who'd swoon over a TB yoga bag? Something that would hold a mat, with a pocket or two for towels, blocks, a strap, water bottle, and small personal items (wallet, keys etc). I like the mat bag I have now but I know TB would make one so much better.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Two more things I'd love to see--first double organizer pouches that don't have a clear front. I really like the option of the double pouches but the clear front is just so sticky.

Second, and I'm just throwing this out there, am I the only one who'd swoon over a TB yoga bag? Something that would hold a mat, with a pocket or two for towels, blocks, a strap, water bottle, and small personal items (wallet, keys etc). I like the mat bag I have now but I know TB would make one so much better.
    Can't you fit your yoga apparel on a NFTD?
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Can't you fit your yoga apparel on a NFTD?
    The NFTD isn't quite right for yoga. Other than the mat, you can fit most other yoga accessories in something as small as a cafe bag. It's the mat I would love a bag for. A typical mat is 26-28" wide when rolled and put either in or clipped to most yoga bags. I was thinking a TB version of one of these bags.

I'd love something like this
    GO Roam
    or this (this is the bag I have now)
    MatSak Cotton Canvas Yoga Mat Bag

But I can imagine something like one of these in Dyneema
    GO Light
    GO Play

imago imago imago imago

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    @jess Maybe you should ask them to revisit the kind of Urethane being used for clear pouches? This has changed over time. See my posted reply to @adalangdon, who also has been avoiding clear pouches due to stickiness, and also take a look at the Question about the Urethane used thread that discusses previous generations of Urethane with various degrees of stickiness, thickness, and clarity.

HTH Cheers,

moriond
    eWalker and jess like this.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the Urethane had changed over time.
    eWalker likes this.

The Daylight Backpack's Steel Parapack interior is just awesome! I'd love to see it being rotated into more of the Cafe Bag's combinations eventually. Storm / Steel, French Blue / Steel, Linen / Steel, in ALL sizes!!! ^.^
    er.... could it also be rotated in gradually? I just realized my wallet cannot survive a nine hit combo attack! lol
    eWalker and jess like this.

Would love to have either extensions for the Tom Bihn Ultimate Strap or a whole new strap designed to attach it to a tripod as a carry strap. I've looked and looked but nothing compares to the gel filled comfort and shoulder saving of the Ultimate Strap. So something where the gel actually extends up over the shoulder in a "sling" style would be awesome....if this makes any sense.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast