Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree659Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    For some reason this makes me think of a William Gibson novel. Just the sort of thing he would have his protagonist carry.
    I like that image - read a lot of William Gibson and the like in college, before it was cool.
    haraya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    is there a tom bihn alcoholic beverage being distributed as a part of this thread that is the cause of this mayhem?? if so, don't drink and shop online. or if you do, buy me something.
    'What would you do-oo-oo for a Tom Bihn bag?' (sung to the tune of 'what would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike Bar?')
    Hollie and eWalker like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    I like that image - read a lot of William Gibson and the like in college, before it was cool.
    So you're a cyberpunk hipster?

(I think I read Count Zero first, just after it came out in paperback.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Regarding the Side Effect,
    (And my growing collection of them)
    Since I'm using them quite a bit for internal organization,
    It would be very useful if we had the option of the back panel being made of clear urethane.
    (The opposite side of the zippered pocked)
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    So you're a cyberpunk hipster?

(I think I read Count Zero first, just after it came out in paperback.)

Hipster might be a little strong, but I did like and still try to read cyberpunk. Started with Neuromancer and Burning Chrome, plus the Difference Engine and Snow Crash.
    haraya and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    is there a tom bihn alcoholic beverage being distributed as a part of this thread that is the cause of this mayhem?? if so, don't drink and shop online. or if you do, buy me something.
    Sadly, no.

I can't speak for Badger, who very well may have been hammered at the time of writing, but I was going a little crazy waiting for the new product announcements. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I came to Gibson after years of inexplicably not reading any genre fiction. It was as if that whole category had suddenly been revived for me! ;P (when it was actually was I who had been absent) I love Pattern Recognition and Neuromancer. And Molly (the original Trinity).

Still not sure about his latest stuff - I read part of Spook Country but not Zero History. I do enjoy his Twitter account - and in fact he's been a source of breaking news for me, interestingly, as with the 2011 Japanese tsunami.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    Hipster might be a little strong, but I did like and still try to read cyberpunk. Started with Neuromancer and Burning Chrome, plus the Difference Engine and Snow Crash.
    eWalker likes this.

"I know Darcy said the 400d Dyneema PCSBs were a limited run...(and I'm kinda kicking myself now for not jumping in when it was available)...but please release another production run so that others who missed out the first time has a second chance to order..."

Thanks to the awesomeness of TB customer service (namely Luke), I now have TWO PCSBs (Nordic and Black) coming my way in my next order! Woo how!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    "I know Darcy said the 400d Dyneema PCSBs were a limited run...(and I'm kinda kicking myself now for not jumping in when it was available)...but please release another production run so that others who missed out the first time has a second chance to order..."

Thanks to the awesomeness of TB customer service (namely Luke), I now have TWO PCSBs (Nordic and Black) coming my way in my next order! Woo how!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely love these kinds of posts. I've often found that calling directly will bring up results, especially when a few items get returned or exchanged, although the success of this kind of request can change from day to day.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Absolutely love these kinds of posts. I've often found that calling directly will bring up results, especially when a few items get returned or exchanged, although the success of this kind of request can change from day to day.

moriond
    Agreed, moriond! I got the idea to enquire with TB directly from reading about other forum members' experience on getting an item that was previously unavailable. I feel so fortunate to get the PCSBs seeing that they were so oversubscribed. The other item I managed to purchase this way was the Olive/UV SE which was also unavailable at the time of ordering.
    eWalker likes this.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but you know what I'd love? An o-ring added to the top of the outer pocket of the cafe bag. I don't know about the rest of you but I think the option to secure an organizer pouch or other accessory in the pocket would be super handy.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but you know what I'd love? An o-ring added to the top of the outer pocket of the cafe bag. I don't know about the rest of you but I think the option to secure an organizer pouch or other accessory in the pocket would be super handy.
    Hi Jess, do you mean an extra O-ring inside the zipped pocket? Because there is already one in that outer zipped pocket in Cafe Bags (in mine anyway). It would be in the upper left corner if facing the bag front on. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Hi Jess, do you mean an extra O-ring inside the zipped pocket? Because there is already one in that outer zipped pocket in Cafe Bags (in mine anyway). It would be in the upper left corner if facing the bag front on. :-)

Sorry I meant to say the outer open pocket. Since it's not zippered I don't always feel safe tossing stuff in there. It's great for magazines or to drop a water bottle into but there are times when I've thought clipping in a zippered organizer pouch would be a huge plus. Sort of making it into a zippered pocket you don't gave to lift the flap to access.
    WenV and terayon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Sorry I meant to say the outer open pocket. Since it's not zippered I don't always feel safe tossing stuff in there. It's great for magazines or to drop a water bottle into but there are times when I've thought clipping in a zippered organizer pouch would be a huge plus. Sort of making it into a zippered pocket you don't gave to lift the flap to access.
    Yes, now that would be a great addition! I would find the O-ring there useful too!

I can suggest an interim solution, in the meantime, make use of the o-rings in the main compartment. Clip a keystrap onto one of the o-rings in the main compartment, then instead of dropping the other end of the keystrap into the main bag compartment, drop it into the exposed outer pocket. Tether whatever you need to this end. If you prefer not to have the keystrap stand out so much, use the black one, or one that blends with the exterior of your bag.

You could also tether stuff to the carrying handle of the cafe bag.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast