Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    5: Poron-filled grab handle for the Synapse 25: Yes, this pack is large enough that you can stuff it with enough to make it that heavy.

This would be nice...my Smart Alec had this, but not the S25?
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    5: Poron-filled grab handle for the Synapse 25: Yes, this pack is large enough that you can stuff it with enough to make it that heavy.
    Assuming it would be an accessory add-on like say the ultrasuede shoulder strap wrap, a grab handle for the top loop for use on both the Synapse 19/25 would be good! It would be especially helpful for crowded trains/buses where it's impractical to have the pack on your back (and are not willing to put your bag on the floor!).
    Moose and bchaplin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    A range bag, for us active/semi-active shooters.

There are a lot of them out there... I'll bet Tom can out-do them all.
    Thank you, I've been afraid to ask for one. I'd love one with a padded/lined pocket for my glasses and some kind of net pouch to put brass in that dirt and sand would fall through. A specific pocket for ear protection would be a real plus. The pockets in the Side Effect hold two mag's perfectly. Just so you know.
    Last edited by Moose; 12-02-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

An updated Imago (yes, I already posted this on another list, but I want it that bad...)

I second the request for the Field Notebook Extra. (But please make it just a bit longer than 11", to accommodate A4 size notebooks as well.

I would very much like to see the Cafe Bags (medium size, minimally) with a few additions: 1) a zippered main compartment for security when traveling (and so stuff doesn't fall out when I knock the bag over when flying) and 2) a zippered pocket on the top flap--the pocket would be gusseted. These are the two things I am waiting for before buying several!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Thank you, I've been afraid to ask for one. I'd love one with a padded/lined pocket for my glasses and some kind of net pouch to put brass in that dirt and sand would fall through. A specific pocket for ear protection would be a real plus. The pockets in the Side Effect hold two mag's perfectly. Just so you know.
    Great idea! I just tried this with a few different mags and they all fit -- now I love my Side Effects even more.
    I would love some kind of TB-quality net pouch accessory, since our brass is always wet and gross if we're shooting outdoors.

I've been away from the range far too long, but I surely wouldn't mind an excuse to order another TB bag.

A large Field Notebook isn't a bad idea, but I think it misses the distinctly fine portableness that makes the current one so good. Large pages outdoors tend to become misbehaved.
    Moose and Janine like this.

Agreed, but my idea for a FNE isn't to replace the FJN, but to expand the product line to accommodate other needs. An FNE would be more for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications; a highly portable full-size notebook rig for people who need the larger pages.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

S19's Navy/UV Parapack combo in the S25
    Larger Ultrasuede-lined Pocket Pouches(I have a LG G2)
    Mini clear-sided OP to use as coin/teeny things storage
    Three compartment OP.Minimal space.Maximum small stuff storage.
    Static TB car decal.

I would like a new colour of Dyneema, but not at the expense of Wasabi....

Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    I would like a new colour of Dyneema, but not at the expense of Wasabi....
    I'm also worried about losing wasabi! I was glad to see solar return, for those who love it, but for me personally I am not crazy about solar. I hope it doesn't edge out wasabi interiors!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I would very much like to see the Cafe Bags (medium size, minimally) with a few additions: 1) a zippered main compartment for security when traveling (and so stuff doesn't fall out when I knock the bag over when flying) and 2) a zippered pocket on the top flap--the pocket would be gusseted. These are the two things I am waiting for before buying several!!
    The zippered main pocket would be a big plus for me. I don't use my cafe bag as often as I'd like to, particularly for air travel, because of concern that objects will slide out when it is placed on the floor in front of my seat, or when going through security. It also makes it too easy for someone to reach in and grab one of my iDevices. Not that the TSA would ever steal, of course...
    Moose likes this.

I would love two TB products:
    1. A horizontally oriented, cross body, zip top bag about the size of an Imago (without that messenger-style flap).
    2. A *slightly* larger Side Effect - the SE used to be perfect as my EDC, but it is just a tad too small for an iPad mini, which I seem to be taking along with me *everywhere.*

In the meantime...while awaiting a slightly larger SE, the PCSB works great for carrying Ipad mini...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Janine likes this.
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    The zippered main pocket would be a big plus for me. I don't use my cafe bag as often as I'd like to, particularly for air travel, because of concern that objects will slide out when it is placed on the floor in front of my seat, or when going through security. It also makes it too easy for someone to reach in and grab one of my iDevices. Not that the TSA would ever steal, of course...
    I too would love a zippered main compartment. If the flap stayed that would be ok just move the buckle to the center. The offset buckle doesn't work so well with my OCD.
    Last edited by Moose; 12-05-2013 at 01:44 AM.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast