Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree796Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    After taking mental inventory of my stock of discreet items, as well as my need/desire to bring them on vacation with me, I concur heartily with this request.
    The world does not need to see your autographed pictures of Justin Bieber, which I'm told travel with you wherever you go. Discretion is key for that obsession, Badger.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    The world does not need to see your autographed pictures of Justin Bieber, which I'm told travel with you wherever you go. Discretion is key for that obsession, Badger.
    Hey now. We both know that I'm discreet with my Bieber Collage, and the reason we both know that is because you STOLE it from me and put it in your Travel Tray for "safekeeping." Not cool, man. You may have won this battle, but I shall win the war: this morning I found your New Kids on the Block nightgown under your couch, and am holding it for ransom. Bwahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I was just thinking that petrol/airforce blue parapack would be awesome for the same reasons

I know parapack doesn't take dye well, which is why the colour range is limited, but a muted blue or deep red might be possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Muted blue? I could live with that!

I would LOVE that!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    vivelly likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I was just thinking that petrol/airforce blue parapack would be awesome for the same reasons
    Back in the day, my favorite pre-TB backpack had a Ballistic nylon petrol blue panel and it was just delightful. I think I would club a baby seal for a Western Flyer in petrol blue Ballistic (with hot pink Dyneema interior, ahaha).
    eWalker likes this.

Back in the day, my favorite pre-TB backpack had a Ballistic nylon petrol blue panel and it was just delightful. I think I would club a baby seal for a Western Flyer in petrol blue Ballistic (with hot pink Dyneema interior, ahaha).
    She's not kidding about the Dyneema! But she totally was kidding about my nightgown. I do not, and never have, owned a New Kids on the Block anything.

ps. Badger, don't you dare look behind the fridge. THERE IS NOTHING THERE, I TELL YOU!
    dorayme likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Eww, no, not hot pink! Steel, certainly, and maybe wasabi or iberian as a more colourful alternative. And no clubbing baby seals, either!
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    THIS. I love airforce/petrol blue; the Dickies shade is especially awesome (and parapack-appropriate IMO!).
    This. Would. Rock. I think it would looks amazing with the slight sheen that Parapack provides.

But would it be different enough from Steel and Navy to justify having all three colors available? I'm not in love with Steel Parapack. I would kick it to the curb in an instant if that meant replacing it with a bluer, rather than greener, variant. Heck, I'd kick Steel Parapack to the curb just for funsies. I'd defend Navy to the last limits of my strength, though. Navy Parapack's beauty brings a tear to my eye. Which I then wipe away with a Hot Pink Dyneema hankie. Hahahah.

Badger, don't you dare look behind the fridge. THERE IS NOTHING THERE, I TELL YOU!
    Well, no, not anymore, not now that the dog's gone and eaten it.

Eww, no, not hot pink! Steel, certainly, and maybe wasabi or iberian as a more colourful alternative. And no clubbing baby seals, either!
    I'm actually not a fan of hot pink anything, but I'm not kidding that petrol blue and hot pink look good together. And come now, if hot pink Dyneema was going to be a thing, having a good color would do a lot to balance it out.

And no clubbing baby seals? Sigh. How boring you are, scribe.

I'm a biologist. *glares*
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

I'm with scribe on this one. They are baby seals. They are far too young to drink expensive, trendy drinks and dance all night to loud, high-energy music. And they are certainly too young for the hookups that frequently happen during or after the clubbing.

Well, no, not anymore, not now that the dog's gone and eaten it.
    Less evidence to hide. Thanks, furry little dude!
    haraya likes this.

I'm with scribe on this one. They are baby seals. They are far too young to drink expensive, trendy drinks and dance all night to loud, high-energy music. And they are certainly too young for the hookups that frequently happen during or after the clubbing.
    What can I say? I've been led astray by the Biebs, lost my moral center, etc., etc.

Also, since I've derailed the wish list thread enough: I'd like a minimalist, Ristretto-like object for laptops, but orientated horizontally.

is there a tom bihn alcoholic beverage being distributed as a part of this thread that is the cause of this mayhem?? if so, don't drink and shop online. or if you do, buy me something.

I'd like a minimalist, Ristretto-like object for laptops, but orientated horizontally.
    For some reason this makes me think of a William Gibson novel. Just the sort of thing he would have his protagonist carry.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast