Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree793Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Cordura side effects and the return of (more) fun bright colors, especially Punch and Indigo. And a lightweight drawstring backpack!
    taminca likes this.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

With all of the forum chatter about decluttering, I find myself in need of a card wallet. Something without zippers, sort of like a multi-pocketed Pocket Pouch. Horizontally oriented would probably be easiest. I've been considering the organizer wallet, but it's a bit larger than I like to slip into a pocket and I'm not a fan of zippers on wallets - I have to physically swipe my ID to enter and leave the building I work in so easy card access is a priority. Plus, I do seem to take out a credit card at least once a day (sigh). I may yet try out the Pocket Pouch, but this is a wish list, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    With all of the forum chatter about decluttering, I find myself in need of a card wallet. Something without zippers, sort of like a multi-pocketed Pocket Pouch. Horizontally oriented would probably be easiest. I've been considering the organizer wallet, but it's a bit larger than I like to slip into a pocket and I'm not a fan of zippers on wallets - I have to physically swipe my ID to enter and leave the building I work in so easy card access is a priority. Plus, I do seem to take out a credit card at least once a day (sigh). I may yet try out the Pocket Pouch, but this is a wish list, after all.
    I hate to suggest a non-TB solution, but until TB introduces something, I highly recommend Bellroy wallets for this sort of need. I'd prefer a lighter TB option (preferably one that is card-sized and also a bigger one that just barely accommodates a passport), but until then.....
    binje likes this.

I have a Bellroy Hide'n'Seek wallet - very slim, with quick and easy access to cards. My only gripe is that the soft leather scuffs very quickly; it looks scruffy for a while until the whole thing eventually reaches that trendy "distressed" look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

If there was a TB card wallet I'd snap it up faster than you could say "can I pet your corgi?". I believe that J Crew sells a slim card wallet with some individual card slots (not to be confused with their Magic Wallet), also in leather. You may have to get it at the store because I've never seen it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Cordura side effects and the return of (more) fun bright colors, especially Punch and Indigo. And a lightweight drawstring backpack!
    In Forest puhleez - need more GREEN!!!

And YES to the lightweight drawstring backpack - this item made by TB would be AWESOME!!!!
    eWalker likes this.

I live in a J.Crew-free area so that's probably out. I'd never heard of Bellroy, but their wallets look lovely. I was also looking at the MyWalit small card holder because it comes in fun colors and I do like color.
    eWalker likes this.

MyWalits are very, very nice. I was very proud of myself for resisting buying one when I was last in Italy; of course since then I've been kicking myself for not getting one. I was quite amused to read a long-ago post I wrote, all excited that I found the perfect one online for "only €27.50!" Did I ever buy it? No.

I still have the same crappy wallet I did back then, and it's really getting gnarly. Maybe this will be the year I bite the bullet . . .
    eWalker likes this.

How about an ultrasuede-lined spectacle case with a tough outer (e.g. cordura or ballistic) and an inner pocket for holding cleaning cloths? Something lightweight and slim, but also structured. There's a real lack of decent spectacle cases out there-- they are bulky and/or heavy-- and I found myself wishing the other day for a good one to store my prescription sunnies.

With all of the forum chatter about decluttering, I find myself in need of a card wallet. Something without zippers, sort of like a multi-pocketed Pocket Pouch. Horizontally oriented would probably be easiest. I've been considering the organizer wallet, but it's a bit larger than I like to slip into a pocket and I'm not a fan of zippers on wallets - I have to physically swipe my ID to enter and leave the building I work in so easy card access is a priority. Plus, I do seem to take out a credit card at least once a day (sigh).
    There are lots of leather wallets that fit your criteria. You could try Coronado's card wallet or Saddleback's ID wallet. I have the SBL ID wallet and can speak to its quality, though I've only had it for 5 months. Not sure if it'll last a century as advertised, but it should last a good few years.

If you want something more polished and are willing to shell out $$$, you could check Etsy for card wallets (there are lots of pretty Horween wallets floating about), the wallets page at Lodge Goods, or the Coronado main page.

I think you'll be able to beep your ID card through the ID windows of all these wallets without having to remove it.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 06-06-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

I'd love to see a synapse 25 that can fit a brain cell or a mechanism that can securely fasten a cache to the bottom of the pack (rendering the rails useless), so that pulling the laptop out of the cache is easier.

Bring back the Imago please. This is the best option I've seen for carrying my MacBook Air 11". I need cross-body strap so the Swift won't work for me, and the other options are too briefcase-y or too long (Ristretto).

Side Effect in more colors.

Aeronaut junior in aubergine! - can't wait for this! The other travel bags don't appeal to me, and my Aeronaut is sometimes too much bag for shorter trips.
    A, MCB

I know Darcy said the 400d Dyneema PCSBs were a limited run...(and I'm kinda kicking myself now for not jumping in when it was available)...but please release another production run so that others who missed out the first time has a second chance to order it...pretty please :-)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewve View Post
    Bring back the Imago please. This is the best option I've seen for carrying my MacBook Air 11". I need cross-body strap so the Swift won't work for me, and the other options are too briefcase-y or too long (Ristretto).
    Seconded! After my recent experience with eBay, I'd rather buy TB bags new - an updated Imago would be most welcome! Particularly if it came in interesting colours like the Swift and Cafe Bags - the current horizontal messenger bags are too boringly black for my tastes.

Less ambitiously, a new production run of the Co-Pilot in aubergine, preferably with wasabi interior. I would be clicking "Add to Basket" so fast, I'd be in danger of straining a finger
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

A little late to the party, but have you checked out the wallets on https://www.everlane.com/collections/mens-accessories? They also have more wallets under the women's listing.

I've ordered a few things from Everlane and had good success with them. Right now I am using their foldover wallet. I can get a couple more cards in than their claim.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast