Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree747Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

I will squee in excitement if they would ever release the small shop bag in Iberian! I may break the sound barrier with the speed at which I will whip out my credit card to get an Iberian small shop bag!
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Wish: an unstructured, crushable, all-Dyneema tote bag. I would like to be able to crumple it up into my larger bags for use as an unstructured shopping tote. For comparison, my current such bag is by Riesenthel and has lasted seven years already.

Shop bag is great but has a slightly different purpose, and stuff sacks also are slightly different.

Keep up the good work! I am a happy new repeat customer.

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Wish: an unstructured, crushable, all-Dyneema tote bag. I would like to be able to crumple it up into my larger bags for use as an unstructured shopping tote. For comparison, my current such bag is by Riesenthel and has lasted seven years already.

Shop bag is great but has a slightly different purpose, and stuff sacks also are slightly different.

Keep up the good work! I am a happy new repeat customer.
    Yeah! I am a big fan of the Baggu and Flip & Tumble 24/7 shopping totes. Baggus fold nicely and pack well in their envelopes, and the 24/7 totes crumple into a stretchy pocket sewn into the bag's interior. Both are excellent designs but neither are the Holy Grail of shopping bags. I do love my TB Shop Bags but no matter what you all say, I just don't like folding them up. I feel like I'm mistreating them when I do that - even though I know they can take whatever I dish out. It would be cool to have a Dyneema shopping bag designed with folding compactly as a primary characteristic.
    123veo and eWalker like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Another vote for a slightly deeper Side Effect - the new iPhones (I have a 5S) come perilously close to the top, and it must be even more of a problem if you have an Android. Plus it would be nice to have the option of carrying my iPad mini in there. The PCSB is apparently a better size for that, but I prefer solid exterior colours for "serious" bags

I'd also like to see something like a mini-Imago - I like my MCB, but I'm not yet wedded to the idea of a vertical shoulder bag. I wavered a lot between the MCB and SCB, but went with the former in the end because it can accommodate the SE. My fingers twitch every time I see an Imago (especially one with cork fabric) for sale, but I have to remind myself that they're rather bigger than I'd like.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Steel Parapack / Solar Side Effect please!
    I really like the Parapack material and hope they can find enough supplies to include it as an option for everything!
    Heck! It's a wish list right? Nobody said anything about practicability so....
    I also hope they can find some way to create any product in any combination!
    Without driving the crew nuts that is lol
    Last edited by icebeng; 04-06-2014 at 02:09 AM.

I had posted these wishes previously:
    1) pockets inside the PCSB, similar to the SE pockets.
    2) all dyneema, crushable Synapse 19.
    jaon and eWalker like this.

I want a side effect in iberian or cardinal. Yes, I know neither are available :-{

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I had a dream I was attempting to sew a Nordic travel tray... it was so realistic I had to double check the product page this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I hope you'll dream tonight about sewing a Nordic PCSB!
    @kkintea, less than a month later, Darcy announced pre-orders for Nordic TTs... so your dream WAS prophetic! And it even applied to my wish for you to dream of a Nordic PCSB.
    kkintea likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I would love to see the Pilot offered in Aubergine/Wasabi and Small Pilot sized Packing Cube Shoulder Bags.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Another vote for a slightly deeper Side Effect - the new iPhones (I have a 5S) come perilously close to the top, and it must be even more of a problem if you have an Android. Plus it would be nice to have the option of carrying my iPad mini in there. The PCSB is apparently a better size for that, but I prefer solid exterior colours for "serious" bags
    Yes, just a skosh (spelling?) larger. A new bag, exactly the same size as a PCSB, built beautifully built to last, like all TB bags, with ballistic or parapack on the outside (keep the diagonal zipper on the outside) and dyneema linings, with two pockets on one side ( a la the SE) and a clear zippered pocket on the other side (a la the Swift). And, of course, it needs to be filthy with O rings.

AND THE RETURN OF CORK!
    Last edited by monkeylady; 04-23-2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Corrected grammar
    taminca and scribe like this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Oh, and nano pouches in dyneema and parapak.

And an SE in linen.
    Last edited by monkeylady; 04-23-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

bigger phone pockets for the non apple fans (Android) :-)

How about a Pilot style bag for 15" laptops?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    A new bag, exactly the same size as a PCSB, built beautifully built to last, like all TB bags, with ballistic or parapack on the outside (keep the diagonal zipper on the outside) and dyneema linings, with two pockets on one side ( a la the SE) and a clear zippered pocket on the other side (a la the Swift). And, of course, it needs to be filthy with O rings.
    +1 on this. Or +100 if I can get away with it. The SE is too small for my EDC, the cafe bags seem too vertical, and the CoPilot too boxy. I've debated using my PCSB, but would much prefer the ballistic or parapack fabric.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    A new bag, exactly the same size as a PCSB, built beautifully built to last, like all TB bags, with ballistic or parapack on the outside (keep the diagonal zipper on the outside) and dyneema linings, with two pockets on one side ( a la the SE) and a clear zippered pocket on the other side (a la the Swift). And, of course, it needs to be filthy with O rings.

AND THE RETURN OF CORK!
    Both of these +1000! Plus extra marks for use of "to be filthy with", which I haven't heard in far too long
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast