Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

I would love a double layer on the bottom of my synapse 19 for extra protection

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I had a dream I was attempting to sew a Nordic travel tray... it was so realistic I had to double check the product page this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I had a dream I was attempting to sew a Nordic travel tray... it was so realistic I had to double check the product page this morning.
    I hope you'll dream tonight about sewing a Nordic PCSB!
    Lime, K9TB and kkintea like this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

swift or little swift in navy ballistic/aubergine ballistic/whatever lining ya got. (trying to put this in every thread it could evenly sort of relate to...!)

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Might this be what you are looking for? The OPTECH mini SOS strap, a smaller version of TB's Absolute Strap for smaller bags. I bought mine on Amazon. The product link is Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap - Black: Camera & Photo
    That's' it! Now, just to Tom Bihn's stamp of approval and little airplane label...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tltb26 View Post
    Meanwhile...the S25 and BB are both amazing bags. The most satisfaction I've ever experienced in my lifetime of packs. My S25 would be a 9.5 if it was Cordura ;-)

Thanks all.
    It's come a few weeks late for your Synapse 25 order, but see The return of Cordura Synapse options

Key straps in longer lengths: 24" in particular, but 32" would also be nice.

I know I can shorten a simple strap to make it just about this size, but then the strap is doubled for its entire length and the two layers don't stay together.

I use a key strap as a purse strap for my Side Effect, and the 16" size is ideal for normal use. Today my son was having a backpack meltdown so I tried this trick on a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag to make a little messenger bag for him. The PCSB was a great size for his toys, but he needed a longer strap to make it work. I ended up hooking a 16" key strap to an 8" one and the length was perfect, but I don't like the bulky spot where the two key straps join together. It's kludgy.

Then I got to thinking that an extra long key strap would be handy on my Side Effect, too. It would really shine in my Synapse 25, though. I use a key strap hooked to the o-ring in the water bottle pocket to tether my keys. The 16" key strap is a little too short to set the bag on the ground and unlock my office door without removing my keys from the tether. If I used a 24" key strap, though, my keys would never have to be unlinked from the bag. Sweet!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

+1 to the longer keystraps - they'd make nice coordinating shoulder straps for the Side Effect!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

^ Agreed on the key straps lengths, but I would add this: for any new keystrap sizes beyond the currently-offered lengths, the longer "straps" should be called something else other than "key straps" to differentiate them as a separate product, thus avoiding confusion.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

PLO Straps has a nice ring to it.

Purse Like Object Straps that turn any TB accessory into a PLO. Thanks again to Dorayme for the wonderful name and idea and to Moriond for reminding me of yours truly, hobby of transforming any TB product into a PLO.

Fellow forum members will breathe a sigh of relief when I tell them that the feat was -Not- possible with the Brain Bag, Aeronaute and Tristar.

But was easily manageable with the Co-Pilot.
    Last edited by backpack; 03-15-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    taminca likes this.

Idk. I think Key Strap, 16" or 24", would be fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine likes this.

I have three wishes:

1) O-rings or similar on the outside of the cache so that I could quickly convert it to a shoulder bag when I don't need the entire contents of my Synapse 25.

2) A Pilot in Iberian. (Or any other red fabric for that matter... What happened to all the red options???)

3) The much anticipated Parental Unit to materialize (a long shot a know, but this IS a wishlist).

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmremy View Post
    2) A Pilot in Iberian. (Or any other red fabric for that matter... What happened to all the red options???)
    Cardinal has been retired. The one exception is that they've used the last remnants of Cardinal fabric to make a final batch of Aeronauts in Cardinal.. That's it for this fabric, so get the Aeronaut now if this is your favorite color. For Dyneema options in regular bags (as opposed to packing cubes or other accessories), the material would have to be 400d Dyneema, and the only 400d Dyneema colors available are Black, Steel, and Nordic. Darcy has also stated that Nordic is also on its way out, in the sense that they probably won't order more of this fabric, so if you like Nordic options, you should also get these while they are available.
    eWalker likes this.

Thank you for that information. I have to say the colour choices are getting very limited I love reds and was thrilled with the Iberian and have several small items from that fabric. There are two bags that if they came in something other than black, steel, or navy, I'd probably order. I dislike aubergine (sorry) as I've never liked purple (or pink for that matter). Greens are lovely but there seems to be precious little of that anymore. I understand that fabric supply is the driving force but I guess I'm just lamenting the loss of colour variety.

I would be past thrilled if the Side Effect came in Forest.
    taminca likes this.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast