Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree747Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Well, Ive been thinking…..orange, tangerine or cantelope colored dyneema on anything would send me over the moon.
    Kinda like this?

Name:  tangerine.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  448.0 KB

This is actually the Solar lining of my Smart Alec as seen by my Coolpix camera… Gotta love wonky color correction.

But oh my, can you imagine this paired with Black Dyneema or Steel? Or Nordic? Mmmm...

Still a little too gold, but closer....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

How did you get a school bus inside your Smart Alec? :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

i'm wishing for the return of a Black/Black/Steel little swift (if it's the new parapack fabric all the dressier but i'll be ok with the standard plain black). I think i could accept Black/Black/Wasabi ... but I really love Steel. (I've not seen Wasabi Dyneema in person so i don't know, but I do know I don't like UV)

and since it's a wish list - the slim wallet of my dreams maybe in Dyneema (in options other than Solar or Iberian, again, STEEL) ... (coins attached but separate & slim, a few different sections for cards & bills, and an open section/pouch)
    Co-Pilot black/steel, Swift olive/linen/steel, Little Swift black/black/uv

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    and since it's a wish list - the slim wallet of my dreams maybe in Dyneema (in options other than Solar or Iberian, again, STEEL) ... (coins attached but separate & slim, a few different sections for cards & bills, and an open section/pouch)
    +1 for a real TB wallet. The Clear Organizer Wallet is great for managing cards, but I also carry coins and cash and receipts. It takes too much time (and is too bulky) to fold all my bills and receipts so that they fit inside.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I would really like a simple bifold made out of dyneema. I've been carrying a Tumi wallet made of leather (the kind with a metal bar in the middle for holding bills in the wallet), but I'd upgrade to a TB wallet in a similar form factor instantly.

I use a Small Pouch instead of a TB Wallet, more room to take all my essentials without fumbling too much.

Since Ilkyway asked about a case for cosmetic brushes which would protect them, I asked the same about nice pens and many are using brushes for watercolors, pencils for drawing, and I am sure other art implement which work with paper inside their Field Journal Notebook, I think it would be great to get a zippered case with slots just like the ones used in the Field Journal Notebook but with a north/south orientation.

Ilkyway's post:
    For the Ladies: How to transport cosmetic brushes?

Apologies to Tom and the Crew, if this never ending wish stars to sound like I am trying to reenact LOTR.

I'm not sure I've actually added these to the wish-list for 2014, although I'm sure I've mentioned that they're on my wishlist:

1) Camera bag and/or backpack designed in the style of the Founder's Briefcase and Guide Pack.
    a) The ideal size of a shoulder bag would be m43 body and 2-3 extra lenses and accessories for the padded area and enough room for a water bottle and/or a tightly packed layer of clothing like raincoat, vest, compact down/primaloft, etc. This would be for city tourism and short hikes from a car.
    b) Backpack would ideally have a framesheet, room for the above plus a sandwich and snack, an extra layer of clothing (so it could have both a fleece/small puffy and a raincoat), enough space for at least a liter of water, and some mechanism for tripod hauling--annex clip points for the already-existing quivers would work perfectly. Basically I want a camera daypack that would work for areas with changing weather (e.g. 3-season mountains/piedmont, southern/coastal winters).

2) In lieu of either of #1, a camera insert that is sized for m43 or similar small ILC system and that will work in the co-pilot or pilot, the S19, and Smart Alec. I'd be really awesome if it could use the annex clips in the Smart Alec (or cache rail loops, which I'd have to add but certainly could) to keep it at the top of the bag but still allow relatively easy access to clothing layers/snacks/etc. sitting at the bottom of the bag.
    eWalker likes this.

I just want a Nordic/Steel Synapse 19 or 25! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    I just want a Nordic/Steel Synapse 19 or 25! D:
    You should call the store - I saw a Nordic/Steel S19 there on Tuesday!
    Janine and snowbot like this.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I'll do that!! Thanks so much!!!

How about fly openings between the pockets, for stringing USB cables and charging wires internally? I once jury-rigged a bag to allow me to charge my phone (in the front pocket) from the always-on USB on the lappy in the main compartment. With all the wireless gismos these days, it's nice to be able to keep them topped off during travel.
    eWalker likes this.

It would be great if there was a narrower absolute strap option with plastic swivel hooks for smaller bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Espresso View Post
    It would be great if there was a narrower absolute strap option with plastic swivel hooks for smaller bags.
    Might this be what you are looking for? The OPTECH mini SOS strap, a smaller version of TB's Absolute Strap for smaller bags. I bought mine on Amazon. The product link is Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap - Black: Camera & Photo
    eWalker likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I would like to see more color combinations for the Brain Bag. More brighter colors on the interior.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast