Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree796Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, this option for Nordic/Solar in the Synapse 25 appeared sometime between Thursday and Saturday. It follows the color offering in the Pilot, the Side Effect, the Clear Organizer Wallet (400d Nordic and Black Dyneema options), and the Cafe Bags in Nordic/Solar in all sizes.
    Darn it! The colour combo I've been waiting for materialises within a fortnight of blowing the budget on a pilot in the same colour. That is *not fair*, guys... Now I either have to blow the budget two months running and get my Nordic/solar S25, or wait and hope it doesn't sell out, or at least comes back later!
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

I would love to see a two compartment packable daypack (like a Herschel daypack) made of dyneema with lockable zips and compressed foam straps to use for ultralight traveling. That would be perfect for me.

*cross my fingers*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tltb26 View Post

A larger Synapse (S28 ) should include same (frame sheet, sternum strap and waist belt).
    It would be great to see a bag like this come out. The Synapse is such a great design. A frame sheet would definitely help with the heavier loads or as you mentioned when smart packing is just not an option either due to time or items to be carried.

Also maybe some additional loops like used for the waist belt to be used to run some shock cord through to hold items such as jackets on the outside when needed or it can be removed and out of the way when not needed, similar to how it is on the smart alec.

And maybe an external bottle holder or two on the outside. I know TB designs is typically an internal bottle holder but it would be nice to have external ones as well. Quicker access or to place something like an umbrella that's wet that you don't want to place inside the bag. Or to make the current water bottle more separate from the rest of the pack. Meaning replacing the lining in the bottle compartment all dyneema and removing the holes in the corners, and adding a grommet just in case.

There's currently an Archetype up for auction on eBay. My guess, from the dimensions, is that this is the model that was designed for the 17" MacBook Pro: 15.4" x 10.4" x 1.0" 6.8 pounds (from the specs for the year it was announced)
    Thanks, moriond. Never underestimate the power of wishful thinking... Now, I wish for a 17" MacBook Pro : )
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

^ I guess you'll have to buy that used. I haven't even seen any refurbs on the Apple site in quite a while.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Darn it! The colour combo I've been waiting for materialises within a fortnight of blowing the budget on a pilot in the same colour. That is *not fair*, guys... Now I either have to blow the budget two months running and get my Nordic/solar S25, or wait and hope it doesn't sell out, or at least comes back later!
    @PaulT00 The good news/bad news on the Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 is that it's now on back order status (changed between yesterday and today -- probably boosted by the MacWorld review Dan Frakes did of the Synapse 25). I suppose the good news is that if you order it now, you won't get charged until late March, and the bad news is that available stock is already sold out less than a week from the appearance of this color option.

Tom Bihn Wish List - Part II: Would love to see

- Dopp kits or hanging toiletry (Tom Bihn-style)
    - Packing envelope / Packing sacs
    - A different type of shop bag
    - The Tom Bihn Everyday Tote
    - The Tom Bihn Beach Tote (what dyneema was made for!)
    - Seasonal items (something that is made only for a limited time)

Website improvements I would love to see:
    - Color selection (go to Landsend.com to see how they do it). You can switch color on items without changing the page.
    -
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    @PaulT00 The good news/bad news on the Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 is that it's now on back order status (changed between yesterday and today -- probably boosted by the MacWorld review Dan Frakes did of the Synapse 25). I suppose the good news is that if you order it now, you won't get charged until late March, and the bad news is that available stock is already sold out less than a week from the appearance of this color option.
    Incredibly, all the 400d Nordic Dyneema/Solar Synapse 25s now appear to be sold out from their product page. That was, what?, a week after this option appeared? Is the current lack of even a backorder for late March option an editing error, or have they run out of Nordic?

@PaulT00 I hope you got your order in, if you wanted this.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-14-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added question about lack of back order option.

@PaulT00 I hope you got your order in, if you wanted this.
    Sadly - no, I didn't. Budgetary constraints did not permit the expenditure! I shall have to just hope that if they have run out of Nordic, it comes back into stock at some point.
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

I've had my Brain Bag for over 7 years now, best backpack I've ever owned, use it daily to take my stuff around.

I'd like to see O-rings in the lower 2 front pockets.

I'd also like to see some sort of of insulated Cube so I can take my lunch with me.
    haraya likes this.

Um...we can't edit our posts? Curiouser and curioser. ..

Add on to my Synapse 28 and/or BB 2K:
    * a bigger synapse likely will need a compression strap. I think the side pockets could use more wiggle room & slightly widen main body pocket to retrofit brain cells or even a future smaller IO ;-)
    *for BB 2K, a slimmer profile which still allows for brain cell & IO's & in keeping with TB design...where are the key strap loops for front pockets? Finally, I'd give up secondary/divided front pocket in lieu of one main compartment and a built in area for water bottle holder like the Synapse.

Meanwhile...the S25 and BB are both amazing bags. The most satisfaction I've ever experienced in my lifetime of packs. My S25 would be a 9.5 if it was Cordura ;-)

Thanks all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A lil tweaking of the SA pocket

Smart Alec upper modular pocket.....with removable gatekeepers and rings to attach a shoulder strap or wrist strap a la SE. Is there any way the single gatekeepers would work...maybe with a little bigger loops along the pocket? This could be a perfect travel combination of backpack and going out small purse but I'd rather leave the clips attached to the pack and have a dressier looking purse.
    Make it in purple or black with a UV lining and the ladies will go crazy for it!!!! At least this one would!

Quote Originally Posted by dowlf View Post
    I've had my Brain Bag for over 7 years now, best backpack I've ever owned, use it daily to take my stuff around.

I'd like to see O-rings in the lower 2 front pockets.

I'd also like to see some sort of of insulated Cube so I can take my lunch with me.
    dowlf

I agree with you about the O-Rings. I hope future Brain Bags have O-Rings in the front pockets. For your existing BB, I got some O-rings from TB and retrofitted them into the front pockets:

How to: Modernize your Brain Bag keeping in step with the latest innovations

An insulated cube for lunch would be great - thin for me but insulated. The smallest I have found is still 3.5-4" wide. Something 2.5-3" thick would be great. Maybe they could trim a Brain Cell frame and put insulation instead of the stiffener and padding.

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Thought of another thing to add.

I recently got the clear organizer wallet, and while it's nearly perfect for what I need, it's just slightly too short. It holds everything fine, but between the Tom Bihn label and the fabric around the zipper, you just can't quite get a good enough view of my bus pass, so I end up removing it to show the driver, which defeats the entire purpose of getting this. (The pass I get is flimsy and I wanted something with a clear front I could keep it in.)
    eWalker likes this.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Well, Ive been thinking.....orange, tangerine or cantelope colored dyneema on anything would send me over the moon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast