Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree623Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I have a very modest wish, which is for a padded or Ultrasuede pouch that is sized for the Kindle Paperwhite. I have mine in a clear OP at the moment and it's fine, but I do wish for a bit more protection and a bit less floppiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second your wish, Badger, but raise it a bit by wishing for a Cork option also
    Janine likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I second your wish, Badger, but raise it a bit by wishing for a Cork option also
    Now see, that's what makes my wish modest, in that I find it helpful in this as well as in most situations to wish for what is attainable.

However, I also have a unicorns-and-rainbows wish: dark brown ballistic. I do love Dyneema, but I hold a special place in my heart for ballistic nylon and think it would be an excellent addition to the line-up, especially matched with Wasabi Dyneema (see? Even that wish, floating as it is in the firmament, is tempered by the realism of that which already exists, and in strong supply).

Janine likes this.

Now see, that's what makes my wish modest, in that I find it helpful in this as well as in most situations to wish for what is attainable.
    Ah Badger, you will never get me to accept that my Cork love is unattainable! And since I am in my happy wishland, let's go also for the return of this... the Cork Breve. Sigh.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  45.3 KB

AND the Cork Archetype, while I am at it!

Views: 464
Size:  139.2 KB

(Apologies, btw, to the person(s) who took these pics. I found them thru Google Images and used without permission...or profit.)
    Last edited by taminca; 02-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    I have a very modest wish, which is for a padded or Ultrasuede pouch that is sized for the Kindle Paperwhite. I have mine in a clear OP at the moment and it's fine, but I do wish for a bit more protection and a bit less floppiness.
    I was going to say that these pouches were available, although they were sized for the Kindle Keyboard, because I used to use this for my Kindle, and still have a Cocoa Ultrasuede pouch this color, but now I see they are sold out (I'm sure this link was active at the end of last year):

The post is from a thread called Kindle Paperwhite? Which pouch do you use? in the Just for Registered Members forum, so I had to copy the link to the attachment to let unregistered users see it, but there are a few more pictures in that thread.
    Agreed! You'll note that the pouch in question is cork, and I used it until it was lost or stolen last September in an Airport. These pouches are slightly smaller than the medium size organizer pouches. By the way, they also used to make medium size pouches in Ultrasuede for the Kindle. You can see some of the pictures for Leaf Green and Cayenne in the New TOM BIHN Sleeves for Amazon Kindle thread. The pouches seen in person look better than the colours in the photos. I also have these.

However, I also have a unicorns-and-rainbows wish: dark brown ballistic. I do love Dyneema, but I hold a special place in my heart for ballistic nylon and think it would be an excellent addition to the line-up, especially matched with Wasabi Dyneema (see? Even that wish, floating as it is in the firmament, is tempered by the realism of that which already exists, and in strong supply).

It could be called Mahogany.
    Janine and taminca like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Ah Badger, you will never get me to accept that my Cork love is unattainable! And since I am in my happy wishland, let's go also for the return of this... the Cork Breve. Sigh.

(Apologies, btw, to the person(s) who took these pics. I found them thru Google Images and used without permission...or profit.)
    The first photo is from the Tom Bihn blog announcement of the Cork Breve. Darcy had an Archetype at one time for at 15" MacBook, I think. They also originally offered 3 different materials for the Archetype. (I remember that a Snow Leopard version for the 12" PowerBook hung around their Store for a while, and I actually asked to try it). The big problem with those bags is that they only held the laptop, and not any of the power cords or accessories. So they were beautiful, but laptop unpowered usage lifetimes were short enough then, that you absolutely needed to carry power bricks, too.
    Janine and eWalker like this.

I'm practicing bad forum etiquette right now by posting before I read the current posts... but I wanted to get my list out there before I forget, and there are a whole lot of posts in this thread.

My Wish List:

* A longer knitting tools pouch or two that will fit my 9" needles (don't quite fit in the size 3 9.5" pouch) and my 13" needles (Aubergine, if you please!)
    * Purple Strapeez
    * Packing cubes in Ultraviolet
    * Swift and Little Swift in Aubergine/Aubergine/Ultraviolet
    * Key Strap in 16-inch Iberian Dyneema
    * Key Strap in 16-inch Steel Dyneema (When paired with the 3D cube, it's a cute little purse, but currently the cubes only have ultraviolet, wasabi, and solar matching straps)
    * Western Flyer in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
    * Cord Zipper Pulls that have long enough cords to weave them through existing zipper pulls on all bags. (I find that some zipper pulls are short enough that they work with the cords and some are not.)
    * Organizer wallets and pouches with a ring instead of a clip (like how the knitting tool pouches are) so you can more easily strap it to a key strap
    * Tri-Star in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
    * Cache in other colors (Purple, please!)
    * Co-Pilot in Aubergine/Ultraviolet
    * Ultrasuede Screen Cloth in purple
    * Pilot in Aubergine/Ultraviolet

So, in summary: I LOVE PURPLE. PLEASE MAKE EVERYTHING PURPLE.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

I would like to also see a checkpoint friendly solution for the Brain Cells - one that can be retrofitted to existing bags. I love the protection provided by the Brain Cells and use them as "personal' carry-on items. But it would be good to be able to easily put them in a TB Bag and slide them in and out.

If the solution involves purple, so be it

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 02-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    MtnMan and Moose like this.
    Zephyr (Black/Steel), S25 (Black/Iberian), SA (Black/Steel), BB (Back/Steel), A45 (Black/Iberian), TS (Black/Iberian), WF (/Crimson/Steel), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel), , CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Steel/Indigo Stripe), Vertical Brain Cells, FS, Camera I/O, 400d Nordic PCBP/PCSB/TT, SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket, YSS

^ I wonder if there is a way to engineer a "Brain Cell with Rails"...
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    If the solution involves purple, so be it
    I like you.
    moriond and Moose like this.

Just remembered two more things:

* Get rid of the hook thingy inside the 3D cubes. I've attempted to use it a total of one time, and it hangs really funny. It's pretty much just in the way.
    * A sling bag. I've been on a quest for a new sling bag for like 8 years now. Every one I try just isn't quite right. One strap, cross-body, vertical bag, zippered, phone pocket in the strap, comfortable, and will comfortably fit my MS Surface. Is that too much to ask? (Also make it purple on purple with purple, please. )
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I would very much like to see the Cafe Bags (medium size, minimally) with a few additions: 1) a zippered main compartment for security when traveling (and so stuff doesn't fall out when I knock the bag over when flying) and 2) a zippered pocket on the top flap--the pocket would be gusseted. These are the two things I am waiting for before buying several!!
    And so stuff doesn't fall out when I accidentally turn the bag upside down (not sure how I manage that,but I do. It's a talent).

Also a nice deep/royal purple parapack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Just remembered two more things:
    * A sling bag. I've been on a quest for a new sling bag for like 8 years now. Every one I try just isn't quite right. One strap, cross-body, vertical bag, zippered, phone pocket in the strap, comfortable, and will comfortably fit my MS Surface. Is that too much to ask? (Also make it purple on purple with purple, please. )
    Did you ever try the Buzz? This was my first Tom Bihn Backpack and it came in Plum! And that shade of plum was the best shade of Plum that I have (later versions were either slightly redder or a lighter shade). There was one that came up on eBay for auction recently in Black/Steel/Spruce. (Black is the color of the side against your back, Steel is the trim portion around the zipper, and Spruce is a lovely shade of green Cordura for the main body of the bag -- mine is Plum).

You can take a look at the WANTED: Tom Bihn Buzz (old style) thread which has links (in the last post) to an old review (with somewhat washed out colours for the bags; the inset of the zipper is closer to the actual plum). That quest did end happily (although not in the color the poster wanted).
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blusquid View Post
    After seeing Nordic dyneema in person, and given that the Pilot and SE have come out in this colour combo, I've still got my hopes up for a Nordic/Solar Synapse 19

Also thinking that navy/wasabi might work as a colour combo, maybe to commemorate the Seahawks win?
    Did the Synapse 25 just become available in Nordic/Solar?? Hoping the 19 will be available in that combo when I plan to visit Seattle in June!

Didn't realise the Aeronaut and Tri-Star already came in navy/wasabi, my bad... I was only looking at the smaller bags

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blusquid View Post
    Did the Synapse 25 just become available in Nordic/Solar?? Hoping the 19 will be available in that combo when I plan to visit Seattle in June!
    Yes, this option for Nordic/Solar in the Synapse 25 appeared sometime between Thursday and Saturday. It follows the color offering in the Pilot, the Side Effect, the Clear Organizer Wallet (400d Nordic and Black Dyneema options), and the Cafe Bags in Nordic/Solar in all sizes.

Volunteer Moderator

Couple of additions. I already commented that the first picture was from the Tom Bihn Blog announcement of the Breve in Cork:
    http://www.tombihn.com/blog/new-the-...ipad-2-in-cork

The second picture is from the 2006 Notebook review of the Archetype:
    http://www.notebookreview.com/notebo...iew-pics-specs

There's currently an Archetype up for auction on eBay. My guess, from the dimensions, is that this is the model that was designed for the 17" MacBook Pro: 15.4" x 10.4" x 1.0" 6.8 pounds (from the specs for the year it was announced)

Cheers

Forgot to include the eBay link:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301094197944
    Last edited by moriond; 02-10-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast