Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree793Likes

Thread: 2014 Tom Bihn Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    A TB drawstring backpack in Dyneema or parapack
    + eleventy billion

Drawstring backpacks can be really handy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

-1 on the suggestion of a larger FJN. The FJN is unique because nobody else makes such a comprehensive organizer for that size of paper. If I was in charge of Tom's day, I'd rather have him work on the many other great ideas in this thread, not a TB version of the Trapper Keeper.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Another Synapse wish: Moving the o-rings in the main compartment from the back to the front. If I'm carrying a laptop or a file folder or anything tall, it gets in the way of o-ring functionality. Or, just add o-rings instead of moving them

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    Another Synapse wish: Moving the o-rings in the main compartment from the back to the front. If I'm carrying a laptop or a file folder or anything tall, it gets in the way of o-ring functionality. Or, just add o-rings instead of moving them
    @Tachiyaku This issue of o-ring placement has come up before, both with the Synapse and the Co-Pilot. Take a look at the Co-Pilot o-Ring Quirk/Annoyance thread. There's a structural issue about where o-Rings can be placed and still remain durable and workable -- they can't just be sewn anywhere unless you never expect to attach accessories that require any load bearing.
    eWalker likes this.

Ah, thanks for the clarification moriond. Makes sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm upvoting all of these suggestions, too:

1. A smaller I/O for those of us who need camera protection but don't have enough equipment to fill the I/O.

2. PCSB in 400d Dyneema (*swoon*) - I love my PCSBs, but sometimes I do wish they had a bit more structure.

3. A larger wallet.

4. Aeronaut Jr!

5. Key straps with o-rings.

6. Even Smaller Shop Bag = Lunch Bag. Especially if it had loops for hooking on a shoulder strap!

7. Nordic in 200d.

You guys have such great ideas! :-)

My suggestions:

a. Detachable shoulder straps on all the Cafe Bags.

b. Bags in Nordic/Wasabi.

c. Side Effect in Iberian/Wasabi (please oh please oh please).
    Last edited by Janine; 02-06-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Dang typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    -1 on the suggestion of a larger FJN. The FJN is unique because nobody else makes such a comprehensive organizer for that size of paper. If I was in charge of Tom's day, I'd rather have him work on the many other great ideas in this thread, not a TB version of the Trapper Keeper.
    While everybody has a right to their point-of-view and should feel free to speak their mind, maybe we should try to keep this discussion thread civil.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

My wish list:
    Shop Bag with a top zipper (small and large)
    More girly colors! (more pink/blue)...I actually suggested this to Red Oxx and they told me to take a hike, kid. lol.
    I'd like to see some more experiementation with electronic bags (for camcorders, cameras, etc.)
    MtnMan and taminca like this.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaL View Post
    My wish list:
    Shop Bag with a top zipper (small and large)
    More girly colors! (more pink/blue)...I actually suggested this to Red Oxx and they told me to take a hike, kid. lol.
    I'd like to see some more experiementation with electronic bags (for camcorders, cameras, etc.)
    Did they really! I hope they were diplomatic about it at least!

There have been many posts on this forum about products and colors more suited to a person of female persuasion. I'd love to see something a bit more feminine, but still with the practical lines and sturdy construction that I love in all my gender-neutral TB products. Maybe if we keep asking, when the right time comes we'll get what we want. :-)

I think a limited-edition run of pink Dyneema would be the coolest thing ever, especially if it was released around October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'd pay a premium for it if a portion of the proceeds were donated to fund research or help patients and their families. I'd also be happy with pink Dyneema being used entirely for small items (pouches, Side Effect, PCSB, etc) and the interior of a special MCB. No need for pink Aeronaut! That might be a bit much. :-)

ETA: I don't know how they'd get a zipper on the Shop Bag, but I'm all in favor of a Shop Bag Like Object that has a zippered top. My Shop Bags stand up on their own, but the aren't Weebles. They fall down if I wobble them too much!
    Last edited by Janine; 02-07-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    jaon and MelissaL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Did they really! I hope they were diplomatic about it at least!
    Oh they were They basically told me that there wasn't a demand for those colors.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Ha ha…I would have considered that an invitation to commence demanding. :-D

What do you mean no need for a pink Aeronaut?

What about a Tristar or a Western Flyer? Well... I need to get those in Aubergine, first.

However, as the delighted owner of Pink, Azalea and Punch Cafe Bags and Swifts, I believe Dyneema in some shade of pink, in the blue spectrum, so it matches everything, including Aubergine and a possible future purple and pink Parapack, would be welcomed.

Many little girls and grown women as well as some little boys and grown men like pink and look very good in it

If it were possible, I would also love a teal Dyneema and Parapak, a cool blue green, which would again look gorgeous with the items described above as well as vintage Teal, and Sapphire, gorgeous Plum. And, especially the; so neutral but not harsh, nor boring, shimmering but not loud glittery, so stylish, so Tom Bihn; Steel in Cordura, Ballistic, Dyneema and new, to me, Parapack.

No wonder the number of forum members is growing and growing and growing like Clifford the Big Red Dog.
    taminca likes this.

Having just posted on the "Imago is being retired" thread a little on the late side since that happened mid last year - let me add that I would like to see a replacement. A horizontal messenger bag smaller and less structured than the ID. I.e. like the Imago.

I recently sold my Co-Pilot and will be selling my 11" Cadet (no longer made) soon - replaced them with the Large Cafe Bag with Q-AM. While I love the ease of access & adjustment of the messenger style and the new Parapack (sp?) material, I suspect horizontal might be better for pulling things out of the bag while it's on my person - the LCB is deep and thin. Not a criticism! It keeps it sleek and close to the body. But I'd like to try horizontal. And the ID is too much bag for me. So an Imago replacement in Parapack? Could be larger, so long as not as large as the ID.
    eWalker likes this.

As one of the co-starters of this thread, I just wanted to post this message for your information...

I have noticed repeated references in this discussion to interior dyeema lining colors in bags, particularly luggage, backpacks, and other bags with linings. Noting this, I decided to start a new discussion thread in the "Thoughts on TOM BIHN Bags" sub-forum to focus on the linings and color-combination issue. All those interested in this subject are invited to participate.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I have a very modest wish, which is for a padded or Ultrasuede pouch that is sized for the Kindle Paperwhite. I have mine in a clear OP at the moment and it's fine, but I do wish for a bit more protection and a bit less floppiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine and taminca like this.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast