Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Skookum Dog

We're Skookum Dog Skookum Dog Crew's Avatar

Skookum Dog

Hey everyone,

This is the TOM BIHN crew posting under the name of our new company. Yup, a new company! We almost couldn't wait to share this news with you! (We wanted it to be a big surprise, so I think we were better about the hinting than we usually are…)

Inspired by our dogs and our love for the outdoors, we’re launching a new company that designs and makes gear for dogs and their people:
    Skookum Dog

Our initial offerings include beds, an awesome leash and collar, stuffed animals and tennis balls, and duffels designed to hold your stuff or your dog’s stuff or both. You know us, though: our list of ideas is about ten pages long, so stay tuned for more Skookum Dog designs debuting in 2014.

Skookum Dog gear is Made in USA (except for those tennis balls -- they’re Made in England) and uses the durable and high quality materials you’ve come to expect: 1050d ballistic nylon, YKK zippers, U.S. Top Quality Memory Foam, U.S. synthetic fleece sheepskin. And Skookum Dog will donate 10% of its profits to The Petfinder Foundation and the National Forest Foundation (national forests = great places to go hiking with dogs).

Why not just introduce more dog stuff under the TOM BIHN name? That thought crossed our minds, but we had so many ideas for gear for people and their dogs that we thought it’d make more sense to launch a separate company.

We hope you guys are as excited about Skookum Dog as we are -- it's been a lot of fun working on it and we're glad we can finally share it with you. Let us know what you think!

Oh yeah: to keep things pretty distinct, various folks here will be posting and responding to your questions under the Skookum Dog Crew forum account. We're hoping to keep all Skookum Dog related questions and posts in this thread.

Name:  ravduffel.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  87.2 KB
    Road Duffel, Medium

Name:  bungeeleash.jpg
Views: 2062
Size:  92.7 KB
    Bungee Leash

Name:  sheepskinbed.jpg
Views: 1987
Size:  82.5 KB
    Sheepskin Bed

OMG WHAT?!
    I want the Doggie-Naut!

Congratulations. With all the dog related items being sold by Tom Bihn, this is not a surprising move. Two separate companies with two distinct niches. (And two extra thumbs up for "Made in USA" and giving a portion to charities.)

As a known carry-on-bagaholic, I'm admiring the Road Duffel, Mediium. Seems like a great carry-on bag for those who don't necessarily want backpack straps and prefer a true duffel style. (There aren't many well-designed, well-made, duffel carry-on size bags at reasonable prices.)
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

We're Skookum Dog Skookum Dog Crew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    OMG WHAT?!
    I want the Doggie-Naut!
    How did we not think of that?! Brilliant.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    I liked the toy Bat from the Skookum web page: "Soft, fluffy Made in U.S.A. fake bat fur. Synthetic felt ears. One squeaker inside."

But those Skookum tennis balls from England are pricey at $20 for 4 balls!
    WMW40 and eWalker like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    OMG WHAT?!
    I want the Doggie-Naut!
    That was my reaction, too. Maybe this is what we were asking for with the smaller Aeronaut?
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    They have product offerings in Aubergine! (not just the new Coyote)
    eWalker likes this.

HaHa love it. I have a crazy border collie that would love the sausage!
    And where is that cool cabin at? Love it.
    Last edited by kamperdog; 11-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

I imagine the Medium Road Duffel will become the Tom Bihn gym bag everyone has been clamoring for
    eWalker likes this.

My pint-sized pups chase squirrels and carry on adventuring, too. Since one is basically the size of the new bat toy, I think we'll be sitting this one out.

It's not posted, but perhaps other folks are interested in the width of the collar, or pending news of size 'small'.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    They have product offerings in Aubergine! (not just the new Coyote)
    What products do you refer to, Moriond?
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    What products do you refer to, Moriond?
    The Summit Bed comes in Coyote, Forest, or Aubergine. And there are all sorts of mesh punches in Coyote.
    eWalker likes this.

That medium road duffel is exactly what I've been looking for for my Akita. We go to the country most weekends and haul treats and food and toys etc. Maybe I can reclaim my Iberian cube thing.... And the wasabi travel sack ... Cyber pinched them to take to obedience club.

You guys have clearly been snooping on my google searches.

I have a pocket pouch in what I assume is forest -and it is very definitely green. But the road duffel pics look to have a blueish tone ...

Would I be safe in assuming the colour of the duffel is similar(same) to the pic of the aeronaut on the product page? Ie unambiguously green.

I'm also assuming that the duffels are not lined ? Correct????
    eWalker likes this.
    List under construction ....

So... is the new, redesigned Citizen Canine going to be a Tom Bihn or a Skookum Dog?
    WMW40 and eWalker like this.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Oh my goodness this is so Awesome!

Was reloading the forum before going to bed in the early morning hours and now, it is sunrise.

When Tom was making the zipper pull paracord video, it seems to have way to much of a mischievous look for just paracord, no wonder... a new company!

That's a welcomed surprise!

Especially because the main clients are dogs, we are just needed for that cc and shipping business.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0