Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Skookum Dog

Oh no, more temptation! I just got a new puppy too. Now my cats have one more thing to be jealous of!

So I'm curious: If I want to order pouches from Skookum Dog and pouches from Tom Bihn, can they be ordered and shipped together?

We're Skookum Dog Skookum Dog Crew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    So... is the new, redesigned Citizen Canine going to be a Tom Bihn or a Skookum Dog?
    Good question! The Citizen Canine will make its debut sometime next year as a Skookum Dog bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    So I'm curious: If I want to order pouches from Skookum Dog and pouches from Tom Bihn, can they be ordered and shipped together?
    We tried to think of a way we could accommodate this, but because the two companies are separate and the shipping/order fulfillment processes are separate, that's not possible, at least right now.
    WMW40 and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    That medium road duffel is exactly what I've been looking for for my Akita. We go to the country most weekends and haul treats and food and toys etc. Maybe I can reclaim my Iberian cube thing.... And the wasabi travel sack ... Cyber pinched them to take to obedience club.
    Yup, the duffels are great for that. Does your obedience club ask you to bring a blanket or dog bed? Some dog manners classes we've been to have asked that (for rest/the "go to bed" command) -- that's another occasion when the lash straps for the Camp Mat (or your existing dog blanket/thin enough to roll bed) can come in handy.

That said, we probably use our Road Duffels more for our stuff than for dog stuff!

You guys have clearly been snooping on my google searches.

I have a pocket pouch in what I assume is forest -and it is very definitely green. But the road duffel pics look to have a blueish tone ...

Would I be safe in assuming the colour of the duffel is similar(same) to the pic of the aeronaut on the product page? Ie unambiguously green.

I'm also assuming that the duffels are not lined ? Correct????
    On Forest: to us, Forest really does have a sort-of blue tone to it, though it really depends on the light. It's the exact same Forest that your Pocket Pouch is in, though.

Not lined throughout, though the end pockets have coyote pack cloth lining on the front and back faces (for pockets on the outside ends or in the main compartment).
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    That was my reaction, too. Maybe this is what we were asking for with the smaller Aeronaut?
    I can't say much more than this, but if you've been waiting for a smaller Aeronaut, you may just want to keep waiting a little longer. It's in the works for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    My pint-sized pups chase squirrels and carry on adventuring, too. Since one is basically the size of the new bat toy, I think we'll be sitting this one out.

It's not posted, but perhaps other folks are interested in the width of the collar, or pending news of size 'small'.
    Small dogs are some of the best adventurers we know.

Name:  smalldogadventure.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  100.0 KB

We definitely plan to offer more options for them later on down the road; for this initial offering, we did have to be choosey about how many options we offered, so we went with stuff for bigger dogs for now.

The width of the current collar is about 1" -- too wide, we think, to make comfortable sizes for smaller dogs.

Awesome! I have 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks (Rex & Logan) and a French Bulldog (Bruce) who would eagerly volunteer their consulting services anytime! They travel the country to compete in field, obedience, agility and show events and we are never without our Bihn gear (high five for dyneema). Exhibitors always asks about your stuff everywhere we go. And I can see bulldog Bruce Wayne must have a SDC Bat Toy added to his Christmas list.

Since my boys already enjoy hitting the road, I know they'll dig your new gear too. Be warned - they're even pickier about roomy pockets than I am. Tennis balls, leashes, treats; all has to stay organized.

Name:  The Boys Camping.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  69.0 KB
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Don't check in for a few days and you guys incorporate a whole new company, well I guess it's time to get a dog! It occurs that Tom Bihn Aquisistion syndrome might be more of a disorder.....

Love the cartoon, RhoFro!
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum Dog Crew View Post
    I can't say much more than this, but if you've been waiting for a smaller Aeronaut, you may just want to keep waiting a little longer. It's in the works for sure.
    Any word on the size/capacity of the small Aeronaut? I've already got a Tri-star but contemplating getting an Aeronaut...
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum Dog Crew View Post
    Yup, the duffels are great for that. Does your obedience club ask you to bring a blanket or dog bed? Some dog manners classes we've been to have asked that (for rest/the "go to bed" command) -- that's another occasion when the lash straps for the Camp Mat (or your existing dog blanket/thin enough to roll bed) can come in handy.

That said, we probably use our Road Duffels more for our stuff than for dog stuff!
    on closer examination ... the medium duffel is actually a pretty capacious bag .. maybe there's a "small" in the pipeline??

It would handle my stuff and Cyber's for a weekend but need to split in two when we get to the finca - so maybe Synapse for me and shopbag for him is the go for the moment ... wanders off desperately trying to justify med duffel....

Something completely different .... I hope a quality dog walking belt is near the top of that list of ideas for skookum dog products .. I just cannot find one anywhere.. I hereby volunteer myself and my 56kg pooch for testing...

(there I go ... two I-like-your-products-but-I-want-you-to-make-me-something-completely-different suggestions in one post .. and I promised myself I wouldn't do that ......... sorry .......)
    SusanM and eWalker like this.
    List under construction ....

Congrats on the new company. The offerings look great, and I wish you fab success!!

Oh, and I meant to say that the idea of the clear plastic pockets you have in the swifts might work well in pet bags to separate crumbly dog biscuits, or keep wet things separate. Cheers!
    eWalker likes this.

on closer examination ... the medium duffel is actually a pretty capacious bag .. maybe there's a "small" in the pipeline??
    There's definitely going to be a Small (and likely an Extra Large) someday. No exact date yet, though.

A walking/running belt is also on the to-do list...
    eWalker likes this.

You should add a collapsible water/food tray for long runs/hikes to the to-do list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0