Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: ***New Pilot Bag***

***New Pilot Bag***

Darcy, any update on when the Pilot will be available?

Will the Pilot be able to hold a 13" MacBook Air and an 8.5" x 11" Folio with a pad of paper at the same time?
    Lani, bchaplin and WenV like this.

Just curious if any official source at Tom Bihn has confirmed that there will be a Pilot bag? I know it has been a topic of conversation on the forum, but wasn’t sure if it was really in the works. I know there were hints about a new briefcase a few months back, but I sort of assumed that was the Founder's Briefcase.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    There's definitely a Pilot in the works. In fact, I may have seen a prototype of it yesterday…. no estimated pre-order or debut date right now, though.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I thought for sure it would be the Pirate Bag?

Aaaaargh!

This is the bag I am waiting for. I absolutely love my CP and believe a larger version will be perfect for my needs for carrying a laptop and full sized papers. Please put in a cache with rails system! Then I can use my current cache in the bag...
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Darcy, I am just BREATHLESS with anticipation of the proposed new Pilot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

"Ho, ho, ho
    It's magic, you know
    Never believe it's not so
    It's magic, you know
    Never believe, it's not so..."

--Pilot, lyrics to "Magic" (1974)

(get to watch them lip-sync back in '75, here)
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Im thinking I maybe should hold out for this one too now! Wow, so many hard decisions with these bags....I would sure love if the bag had some little tether points like the FB has for little items like flashlights and pocket knives, Im all over it!
    I can't wait to see these new bags!

Right now for me its between this new Pilot, the Co pilot, Western Flyer, or the Founders Briefcase. My wallet is really in for a painful one.

dave
    Last edited by d.weglarz; 11-22-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Darcy, thank you for the update. It would be amazing to have the Pilot in time for Christmas!

I'm thinking the new Pilot isn't going to be ready in time for my next trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Darcy
    So any chance it will be released by Christmas?

I keep looking at the other bags, but since the Imago has been retired, nothing else quite fits the bill.

I love my Co-Pilot, and use it with my Mac Air 11" along with the small shopping bag. But with winter coming on strong in the Midwest, I would love to have a Pilot to use once the snow and ice hits.

You know this thread title is going to give people heart attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    This is the bag I am waiting for. I absolutely love my CP and believe a larger version will be perfect for my needs for carrying a laptop and full sized papers.
    Ditto this… and if it comes in Black/UV, I would order one right now!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

If it came in Navy/Solar or Black/Solar, then I would buy it in a heartbeat..... plus a bunch of things in my wishlist to go with it.
    Proud owner: Aeronaut Navy/Wasabi (wish it was Navy/Solar); Synapse 19 Navy/Ultraviolet (wish it was Navy/Solar); Co-Pilot Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Navy/Solar(piggy-backed onto my Co-Pilot); Side-Effect Black/Wasabi (wish it was Black/Solar); Snake Charmer Sapphire; Yarn Sacks Sm Solar, Med Iberian, Lg Solar; Travel Sacks Sz1 Ultraviolet, Sz4 Steel; and Key Straps of many colors plus many many pouches

Darcy

Any hints as to colors or fabrics?

I would be willing to get a new Co-Pilot to satisfy my OCDs is I have to do so, but I would rather get another travel bag to accompany my new Pilot.... once it becomes available...

Also, any idea if the Pilot will be available before the end of 2013?
    Proud owner: Aeronaut Navy/Wasabi (wish it was Navy/Solar); Synapse 19 Navy/Ultraviolet (wish it was Navy/Solar); Co-Pilot Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Navy/Solar(piggy-backed onto my Co-Pilot); Side-Effect Black/Wasabi (wish it was Black/Solar); Snake Charmer Sapphire; Yarn Sacks Sm Solar, Med Iberian, Lg Solar; Travel Sacks Sz1 Ultraviolet, Sz4 Steel; and Key Straps of many colors plus many many pouches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0