Strength of the different fabrics

Hi,

So I am excited to see the new 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack. I was wondering, can anyone provide insight into how you would rank the following in terms of strength and durability and the dust/lint/hair affinity of the contenders? I would assume the ultralight is the lowest but just wanted to know the rankings.

The contenders:
    420d HT nylon Classic Parapack
    1000 denier CorduraŽ exterior
    U.S. high tenacity 1050 denier ballistic nylon
    ultralight 400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop

Thanks in advance!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    Hi,

So I am excited to see the new 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack. I was wondering, can anyone provide insight into how you would rank the following in terms of strength and durability and the dust/lint/hair affinity of the contenders? I would assume the ultralight is the lowest but just wanted to know the rankings.

The contenders:
    420d HT nylon Classic Parapack
    1000 denier CorduraŽ exterior
    U.S. high tenacity 1050 denier ballistic nylon
    ultralight 400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop

Thanks in advance!
    Well, with regard to pet hair resistance, you can refer to Badger's recent post (Dyneema wins over the Parapack). And my impression is that the 420d HT nylon Parapack may do best on abrasion resistance -- which in not the same as strength.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I am really wondering about the pet hair regarding the 420d HT vs the 1000 Cordura and the 1050.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0