Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 5 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By mjk11

Thread: New Bag colour options

New Bag colour options

I love the look of the Founder's Briefcase, particularly in the colour scheme you've used for both the new bags in the promo videos and shots (navy and coyote brown?). Am I missing something, or is this colour combination not actually available at the moment? Seems odd considering the very handsome shots prepared with these colours, and that the coyote organiser pouches are being made available to compliment this scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by KidAd View Post
    I love the look of the Founder's Briefcase, particularly in the colour scheme you've used for both the new bags in the promo videos and shots (navy and coyote brown?). Am I missing something, or is this colour combination not actually available at the moment? Seems odd considering the very handsome shots prepared with these colours, and that the coyote organiser pouches are being made available to compliment this scheme.
    Unless I'm missing something huge, the "steel" in "black/steel" in the color choice drop down just denotes that the bag is lined with steel parapack, not that the accents/trim/straps are steel. All of the Founder's Briefcase and Guide Bag colors will have an exterior that is black, navy, steel, or olive, will be lined in steel, and will have coyote brown accents, trim, straps, etc.

And for what it's worth, I believe the video and all but a couple of the photos feature a navy/steel Guide Pack and a black/steel Founder's Briefcase. The only exceptions are the three photos showing the black, olive, and steel Guide Packs straight on. My assumption is that photos of the other colors of Founder's Briefcase will appear when they've actually finished the first production run, which looks like it will be in mid-December. I'll bet they only currently have a finished black/steel Founder's Briefcase at the moment.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    autolycus is exactly right, even on the fact that we only have a finished Black/Steel Founder's Briefcase at the moment.

I personally can't wait to see the Founder's Briefcase in Olive…. it's going to be a tough choice for me between the Black and Olive. And then there's Steel…
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    autolycus is exactly right, even on the fact that we only have a finished Black/Steel Founder's Briefcase at the moment.
    I think I've been following these forums and new product announcements for too long and with too much intensity.

I personally can't wait to see the Founder's Briefcase in Olive…. it's going to be a tough choice for me between the Black and Olive. And then there's Steel…
    I'm normally a blue and navy kind of guy--my two "big" bags are a Navy Aeronaut and a Nordic Smart Alec, but I do have a Steel Co-pilot and a Steel Synapse. In this case though, based on the colors, as shown in the Guide's Pack photos, I actually think Navy might be in last place, even though it looks great too. But if I decide to ask for a Founder's Briefcase for Christmas, I might actually leave the decision up to my wife because I don't know how I'd decide.

It'd be interesting to see this general retro-nostalgia aesthetic come to life in the form of a shoulder camera bag suited for either a compact ILC with 3-4 lenses or a small DSLR kit and a little extra space for non-camera stuff. But I'd love to see the good Mr. Bihn design any bag of that general size and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I think I've been following these forums and new product announcements for too long and with too much intensity.
    Hee!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I'm normally a blue and navy kind of guy--my two "big" bags are a Navy Aeronaut and a Nordic Smart Alec, but I do have a Steel Co-pilot and a Steel Synapse. In this case though, based on the colors, as shown in the Guide's Pack photos, I actually think Navy might be in last place, even though it looks great too. But if I decide to ask for a Founder's Briefcase for Christmas, I might actually leave the decision up to my wife because I don't know how I'd decide.

It'd be interesting to see this general retro-nostalgia aesthetic come to life in the form of a shoulder camera bag suited for either a compact ILC with 3-4 lenses or a small DSLR kit and a little extra space for non-camera stuff. But I'd love to see the good Mr. Bihn design any bag of that general size and purpose.
    One thing I'd offer about the 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack: it has a subtle luminosity that I don't think shows up too well in any of our photos so far. You (or your wife) might want to request swatches to get a real sense of each color. Some of the first people that saw the 420d (inside the company and out) told us it reminded them of our 1050d ballistic nylon -- I think, because, though it's a lighter fabric, it has a similar richness.

Quote Originally Posted by KidAd View Post
    I love the look of the Founder's Briefcase, particularly in the colour scheme you've used for both the new bags in the promo videos and shots (navy and coyote brown?).
    And welcome to the forums, KidAd -- glad you're as into the Founder's Briefcase as we are.

It's not very clear how to order 420d HT on the Cafe Bags. Is that the third tier listings?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mab52 View Post
    It's not very clear how to order 420d HT on the Cafe Bags. Is that the third tier listings?
    Yes, I think so. Right now the Cordura and Dyneema options are separately called out.

Looks like they just updated the listings to eliminate the confusion. My own confusion...well that's another story

Quote Originally Posted by mab52 View Post
    Looks like they just updated the listings to eliminate the confusion. My own confusion...well that's another story
    I was just about to respond and say thanks for pointing out the confusing-ness!

P.S. Here's a photo of the Small Cafe Bag in Navy/Navy 420d Parapack….

Name:  smallcafe420d.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  51.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I was just about to respond and say thanks for pointing out the confusing-ness!

P.S. Here's a photo of the Small Cafe Bag in Navy/Navy 420d Parapack….
    You're welcome Darcy. That navy blue is real nice!

Aeronaut in Olive 420d HT...Please Please Please!!!!!! Would be even cooler if the zippers were in coyote brown color but I'd settle for regular black zippers and steel lining. But how cool would it be with Ultraviolet D lining? One more to add to the wish list!!
    I'm so excited about the olive 420 d. I love the olive color but three dogs have made it impossible to get anything in cordura.
    Gonna order a MCB ASAP.......

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0