Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Woah cool, the Guide's Pack!

Woah cool, the Guide's Pack!

I just saw a new backpack from Tom Bihn! The Guide's Pack! Looks cool!

Nice update. Now hoping that the Brain Bag will come in a 1050d material!
    Last edited by rydude87; 11-12-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    It's the new material, according to the blog page, and not Ballistic. And will they really be able to get out the Foundr's Briefcase back orders by mid-December?

And the new Founder's briefcase as well.

Name:  foundersbriefcase_01b.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  47.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    I just saw a new backpack from Tom Bihn! The Guide's Pack! Looks really cool!

Nice update. Now hoping that the Brain Bag will come in a 1050d material!
    I'm hoping the Brain Bag comes in the new parapack material (and cordura is retired)!

All I could say is wow and double wow.
    I was just about to go on one of my daily hikes, thought I'd check the blog just one more time and stopped in my tracks.
    Ordered the complete set-up from Beau, can't wait to take it on the trail!

Just love the side and lead pockets and how they could be used as a fanny pack as well.

According to one of the blog posts 420d HT will only be used on the Synapse 19, Synapse 25, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Large Cafe Bag,
    3D Fabric Organizer Cube, 3D Mesh Organizer Cube, and the new bags. At least for now. I personally love the new briefcase especially in blue, the only thing I wish it had is hidden backpack straps like the Tristar. I might have to order one for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    According to one of the blog posts 420d HT will only be used on the Synapse 19, Synapse 25, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Large Cafe Bag, 3D Fabric Organizer Cube, 3D Mesh Organizer Cube, and the new bags...
    This is what kills me. I have 5 these items and feel like I need to upgrade.

Just saw the video for the Guidepack and Founder's Briefcase! Very cool!

While I do like the innovative retro design neither the pack nor the briefcase are really jumping out at me right now. It is sort of ironic that they seem reminiscent of the style of bag that I’ve been moving away from and one of the reasons I looked up Tom Bihn in the first place. However, it’s great to have options and it sounds like a lot of folks are excited.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
    While I do like the innovative retro design neither the pack nor the briefcase are really jumping out at me right now. It is sort of ironic that they seem reminiscent of the style of bag that I’ve been moving away from and one of the reasons I looked up Tom Bihn in the first place. However, it’s great to have options and it sounds like a lot of folks are excited.
    I like the Founder's Briefcase design -- especially the innovative inside pockets for the cables. However, I've come to really like the texture and feel of the new 400d Dyneema products. Plus, it probably helps that my attempt to get my last order shipment held for the new product announcements today failed -- you know the blog post about how their crew had finished back ordered products like the travel stuff sacks in solar ahead of schedule? I was sure that by including items that were back ordered till early December would let me leave this open, but although as soon as they tweeted/blog posted about clearing the backlogs, I emailed a request to delay shipping, the order had already shipped. There's such a thing as being too efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
    I'm with you on that
    Hawaii likes this.

Do either of these new bags have the compartmental capacity for (1: the Camera Insert/Outsert, or (2: the Field Notebook, or (3: a Brain Cell or Cache for a 13 or 15-inch MacBook Pro, with annex clips attached?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

For me, the Guide's Pack has the look of the boxy Redoxx carry-ons, one of the main reasons I bought Tom Bihn over Redoxx, but like BarryLee said, always good to have options. At least my bank account is safe for now - I have an order on hold and had envisioned needing to contact TB to get a whole bunch of stuff added

Love the style! I think it would look super cool in a bag that would hold a retro look (or any) camera. Would love to see the Cafe bag series with the same kind of trim.
    Last edited by Seesul; 11-12-2013 at 05:35 PM.

sweet looking pack. I had to giggle over the description of it as "such a small pack" though.. by my standards it's huge.. which is lucky for my bank account ....

I reckon those dudes at edcforums are going to be all over this pack.
    List under construction ....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0