Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: A still from the new video debuting tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by i_clavdivs View Post
    I like those pouches with the zip down the middle (from 1:06) or are they a thing already?
    +1, I really liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Did anyone find the hint? I missed it.
    Oops, I guess I thought it was obvious. The new product is sandbags, so that we have a way to take our home country with us wherever we travel.

Very good video. Most people have no idea of the amount of effort that goes into designing a product.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Well.. I think one might be able to say the new designs are what they are, and in that sense, it's something no one is expecting, though those who may be expecting it will have their expectations confirmed.
    Is this the material for the long-rumored diaper change pad??

I'm racking my brains trying to figure out what baby- or diaper-changing activities the forklift test replicates.
    (Yes, I spend some of my time reviewing testing protocols for standards!)

No, no, no....not a hint re a new product, but a video about quality assurance...am I right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I have done my own testing. One I mentioned before was an entire glass of Coke engulfing the outside of my entire bag. The passenger ahead of me dropped it under her seat while we were in ascent. She never even bothered to look back. It totally coated my Dynema Synapse. It wasn't even sticky, much less wet, by the time we landed.

I recently tested the front pocket of my medium Cafe bag with a small bottle of cough syrup. I thought the cap was spill proof. I then forgot about it until reaching into stickiness a few days later. Thought I would have to wash the entire bag. Nope. Turned it inside out and it wiped off completely with a damp washcloth. I hadn't even noticed the interior was coated. If you ever need a tester for unpredictable liquids, I am your volunteer.

I can't decide if my favorite part of the video were the doggie gloves or the shoe thingys. The entire production was very enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Oops, I guess I thought it was obvious. The new product is sandbags, so that we have a way to take our home country with us wherever we travel.
    I would actually buy Tom Bihn sandbags, I often use sandbags for counterweight theatre rigging and there have been many times when I have come back to a theatre to find a big pile of sand and whatever I was trying to fly on the deck along with a knot with an empty sandbag attached wedged firmly in a pulley 90 feet in the air!

Someone knows what's coming

But he's not talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    But he's not talking.

Just goes to show that you can't trust a big dog with little legs to be your ally!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Just goes to show that you can't trust a big dog with little legs to be your ally!
    I would not trust that dog farther than I could throw him, which, incidentally, is quite far. But that's another story.
    backpack and tCook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    But he's not talking.

A new Citizen Canine!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    A new Citizen Canine!
    Good guess, but he's already got one. It's red with a steel-lined interior, just like him.

I saw a Tee shirt in the video incongruously....maybe TB Ts?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That's actually a Gentlemint t-shirt!

OK, because next week is so far away: the video may have shown a glimpse of a rumored new material being tested.... and that new material is one of the debuts scheduled for next week.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Or a preschool classroom for a day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0