Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: New! Knitting Tool Pouches

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New! Knitting Tool Pouches

Name:  knittingtoolpouches2.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  33.5 KB

Our Knitting Tool Pouches are the latest design to debut from our ongoing collaboration with Amy Singer, Editor of Knitty®.
    Knitting Tool Pouches can be used on their own, or together as a system.

They offer a new style of tool organization allowing for modular and expandable containment of as many or as few tools as you might use. Each pouch features an O-ring on its corner, allowing you to connect the Knitting Tool Pouches to our optional Double Carabiner (more on that below) or to a Key Strap or Handle Loop.

Though designed with knitting and crochet tools in mind, these handy pouches can be used to organize and store anything you can think of that'll fit in them.

For more details on the Double Carabiner system and a guide to the available sizes of Knitting Tool Pouch, see here.

Knitting Tool Pouches. $13 - $15. Available for order; in stock and ships within one business day.

Name:  knittingtoolpouches3.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  62.4 KB
    With the Little Swift, which is once again available for backorder...

Name:  knittingtoolpouches4.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  28.6 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm really excited about these pouches (there are several already on my wish list!) ... but is there any way we could get a few more pictures where you can see the construction of the pouch through the shiny of the urethane? I think I get how these pouches are intended to be used, but I'd love to see some clearer pictures to be sure.
    Synapse 19 (Indigo/Solar) * Brain Bag (Indigo) * Imago (Navy/Cork/Wasabi) * Aeronaut (Navy/Wasabi) * Large Shop Bag (Nordic) * Small Shop Bag (Ultraviolet) * Side Effect (Navy/Iberian)

What size is the kiwi pouch here with the Apple charger? I can't figure it out from the ordering options...Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 12.03.57 PM.png
Views: 1206
Size:  271.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    What size is the kiwi pouch here with the Apple charger? I can't figure it out from the ordering options...Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 12.03.57 PM.png
Views: 1206
Size:  271.0 KB
    Oops! Thanks for noticing that, we'll update that photo. That's actually a Size 4 Pouch, currently available in Aubergine and Forest only. We might offer it in Kiwi someday.
    haraya likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Bummer, I was really digging the kiwi.
    Moose likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Bummer, I was really digging the kiwi.
    Yes, it would be cool if you did do this one in Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by DPUTiger View Post
    I'm really excited about these pouches (there are several already on my wish list!) ... but is there any way we could get a few more pictures where you can see the construction of the pouch through the shiny of the urethane? I think I get how these pouches are intended to be used, but I'd love to see some clearer pictures to be sure.
    Maybe these will help?

Name:  pouchcloseup3.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  pouchcloseup2.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  pouchcloseup1.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  23.5 KB
    haraya and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, it would be cool if you did do this one in Kiwi.
    Vote for Kiwi noted! At this time, however, we have no plans to add or change colors in the near future...
    eWalker likes this.

...and maybe Dyneema? [she asks sheepishly]

Love that square size.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Volunteer Moderator

o-ring lovers take note

I thought I'd just point out to the many advocates of the Fare Thee Well Snaphook thread that these pouches may also be of more general interest to those who like the notion of using the Double Carabiner and multiple pouches with just an o-ring. This would also work for people who want to tether individual pouches (with just an O-ring and no snap hook) to one of their keys traps.

I just had a chance to try out the new Ballistic Knitting Tool Pouches. They come in 4 sizes. Sizes 1, 2 and 3 are like short, medium, and long rectangular cases with reinforcements inside at both ends. The Size 4 is a 5.5” x 5.5” square that is perfect for interchangeable cables and stops.

Below are the four pouches:
    Size 1 in Navy, holding 3.5” needle tips
    Size 2 in Kiwi, holding crochet hooks
    Size 3 in Aubergine, holding cable holders
    Size 4 in Forest, holding cables and stops

Name:  P1050121.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  524.5 KB

The extra Ballistic fabric tab sewn securely into both ends of Sizes 1, 2, and 3 protects the clear front from unwanted pokes by sharp needle points.

Name:  P1050103.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  479.4 KB
    Name:  P1050102.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  389.1 KB

And the pouches hold up to 10 needles comfortably (here ten 5” DPNs)

Name:  P1050104.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  541.6 KB

For size comparison (starting with Solar pouch and going clockwise):

Small Solar Dyneema OP
    Size 4 Forest KTP with Lavishea Lotion Bar
    Iberian RFID Blocking Passport Pouch
    Kiwi/Nordic Pocket Pouch
    Size 2 Kiwi KTP with Pilot G2 and Lamy AL-Star pens
    Size 1 Navy KTP with 3.5” needle tips
    iPhone 4S
    Steel Dyneema Mini OP (which I use as a knitting kit)
    Size 3 Aubergine KTP with cable holders
    Plum Pencil OP with Platinum Preppy Pens

Name:  P1050120.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  556.6 KB
    Last edited by gochicken; 10-29-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

More size comparisons:

Top: Plum Pencil OP and Size 3 Aubergine KTP holding a size 15 32” Addi Turbo Circular Needle

Left to right: Mini Cork OP and Size 1 Navy KTP
    Small UV Dyneema OP and Size 2 Kiwi KTP with small cable holders
    Medium UV Dyneema OP with Size 4 Forest KTP on top of it

Name:  P1050106.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  426.4 KB
    Last edited by gochicken; 10-29-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    ...and maybe Dyneema? [she asks sheepishly]

Love that square size.
    Tom and lovely Crew. I neeeeeeed Dyneema Size 2 and 3 KTP for my fountain and gel pens, as well as my pencils and leadholders!

The KTP are wonderful innovation! As a needlework person I really appreciate the Size 4 Square Knitting Organizer Pouch for bobbins of embroidery floss and the size 1 for needlework needles.

Very small painted canvas or plastic canvas forms might be able to fit in the size 4 Square Knitting Tool Pouch, great stocking stuffer for the primary school persons or anyone who is a novice needleworker.

Darcy, the extra pictures posted here on the forum are really helpful at showing the inside flap/pocket innovation. I think it would be great if you added them to the KTP page!

As usual, all the pictures are as beautiful as they are informative!
    Last edited by backpack; 10-29-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Man, I really want the kiwi/nordic pocket pouch! Is that in stock??

Yes, they are hugely helpful!!! Thanks so much ... now I sit back and hope that either Santa or my knitting group Secret Santa lands a couple of these in my stocking. (I'm trying to be good!)
    Synapse 19 (Indigo/Solar) * Brain Bag (Indigo) * Imago (Navy/Cork/Wasabi) * Aeronaut (Navy/Wasabi) * Large Shop Bag (Nordic) * Small Shop Bag (Ultraviolet) * Side Effect (Navy/Iberian)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0