Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 4 Post By Beau
  • 4 Post By dorayme

Thread: Say it isn't so: no Little Swifts available at all?!

Say it isn't so: no Little Swifts available at all?!

Granted, I went away for a week—one lousy week. But when I returned, thinking that maybe it was time to give my Cacao Ultrasuede and Aubergine Little Swifts a new brother or sister, I was dismayed—no, horrified—to go to the Little Swift page and find NONE available. None at all, in any color. Say it isn't so! My panic was only somewhat mitigated by the word "temporarily" in front of the word "unavailable." I can only hope that there will be a bumper crop of Little Swifts, perhaps in some nifty new colors, available very soon. Can you offer any words of hope, Darcy?

Nancy

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Granted, I went away for a week—one lousy week. But when I returned, thinking that maybe it was time to give my Cacao Ultrasuede and Aubergine Little Swifts a new brother or sister, I was dismayed—no, horrified—to go to the Little Swift page and find NONE available. None at all, in any color. Say it isn't so! My panic was only somewhat mitigated by the word "temporarily" in front of the word "unavailable." I can only hope that there will be a bumper crop of Little Swifts, perhaps in some nifty new colors, available very soon. Can you offer any words of hope, Darcy?

Nancy
    I know what you mean, but the Little Swifts have been out of stock for much longer than a week. And I really consider these among the items that should always be in stock in some form. I do have two stock-piled new-with-tags Little Swifts in Cordura that I might do a swap for -- one in Turquoise and one in Azalea. I do regret not getting one of the Cork Swifts or Little Swifts while they were available -- I think I was confused by trying to decide whether I wanted a different lining color when that option became available, and missed getting an order in before the Cork was discontinued. Subconsciously, I think I keep waiting for my first bag to wear out before switching to another, and of course, they never do! But I'm really attached to using my Little Swift in Hemp, and the only other version that was able to provoke as swift (heh, heh) a response, was the Little Swift in Aubergine. So if you need your fix, and either of the Cordura models will do, send me a PM.

@ moriond -- Did you by chance stockpile any Swifts? I have been trying in vain to track down one in Steel Dyneema. I'm hoping that S / LS are at the head of the production queue and we see some availability soon... and options in Black Dyneema wouldn't be too bad either ;-)
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I agree, the LS being out of stock was horrifying to me too. I hope to see a black Dyneema offering in the LS. My Black ballistic LS is now my mon's beloved EDC.
    Janine likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ moriond -- Did you by chance stockpile any Swifts? I have been trying in vain to track down one in Steel Dyneema. I'm hoping that S / LS are at the head of the production queue and we see some availability soon... and options in Black Dyneema wouldn't be too bad either ;-)
    Sorry, can't help you here. I will say that I sprang for the Swift in Nordic as soon as it was available, and decided I could live without another Imago in Aubergine/Hemp/Steel to make sure that I got my order in. (I immediately reprioritized all pending orders, and got the Synapse 19, Shop Bags, and Swift in 400d Dyneema, but kept in my Little Swift in Aubergine.) I'm less shocked about the back order status of the Swift, which is par for the course, than I am about the total non-availability (even on a temporary basis, with no estimated date when this will change) of the Little Swifts.

I agree that the Swift is also a good candidate for the new 400d Dyneema fabrics, but I suspect the priority will go first to using it for the travel bags and backpacks. Usually, October is when I start checking to get in product orders before everything gets snatched up for the holidays. (Last year was really tough, with all the new products and colors; and some product options and colors don't stay available for long.)

@moriond, it's so kind of you to offer a swap: especially since I gave my Azalea LS to my mom! Unfortunately, however, I don't have any TB bags I'm willing to part with at the moment. And I'm kind of hoping that there might be some new color options when the LS does come back into production. I know I'm dreaming here, but I'd love to see a blue like my beloved Indigo—or a burnt orange like the old Cayenne Ultrasuede.

I'm still a little in shock that there are no LS's available, and no indication of when there might be. Though I love all my TB bags, the LS is my EDC and the one I use more than any other: well, I also use my Side Effects every single day as well. Hmm...maybe I'll have to console myself for the lack of Little Swifts with a Side Effect in Navy/Solar.

~Nancy

I believe that the unacceptable batch of Cork might have something to do with it. Cork with any Dyneema lining is spectacular in any Swift, it shows the beauty of the two fabrics really well.

Without Cork but with Black Travel Dyneema available for production, it makes sense that the bags with popular (Aeronaut, Tristar, Western Flyer) or recent designs (Smart Alec, Side Effect, Synapse 25 and 19) be produced now.

I am really enthusiastic about Swifts made in Travel Dyneema, I became so awestruck by Travel Dyneema strength and lightness that I want to see it in most, if not all, Tom Bihn designs.

Because the Swift and Little Swift lines are so classy, I also would not mind seeing those bags in all the Ballistic colors.

Many use them as perfect purses, let's hope that more Little Swifts are coming soon because they are the perfect day to evening iPad Mini bags for the numerous non profit fundraising evenings, happening from late summer to the end of the year.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I agree, the LS being out of stock was horrifying to me too. I hope to see a black Dyneema offering in the LS. My Black ballistic LS is now my mon's beloved EDC.
    I'd love to see a Black Dyneema LS, too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    So as to not leave you completely in the dark, we will have some Little Swifts finished by early 2014. And, who knows, maybe some new color combinations will make an appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    So as to not leave you completely in the dark, we will have some Little Swifts finished by early 2014. And, who knows, maybe some new color combinations will make an appearance...
    Oh this is exciting news! But I certainly can't justify buying anther LS... I have one for each season. BUT I know people who could use a LS and they would make a wonderful gift... too bad they won't be finished in time for the holidays!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Well it's good to know they are forthcoming, my MIL's birthday is Jan 4 and my mom's is Jan 8. Both have requested LS for Christmas, but they would be happy with them for birthdays. No pressure. . .
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0