Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Introducing Black 400d DyneemaŽ/nylon

white dyneema for the inside fabric would be neat.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I wish the home page had a search by color option! Nobody wants to miss an item (like the return of Nordic shop bags) when placing an order but trolling through Everything to check is a bit much. Or . . . results in the "you know, I could use one of those - click" which is maybe why we don't have a shorthand search by color
    Tri-Star (steel/uv), Aeronaut (black dyneemal/wasabi), Synapse 19 (steel/uv dyneema), Ego (wasabi & reflective), MCB (linen), Side Effect (steel/wasabi dyneema), Snake Charmer (sapphire & wasabi), Travel Tray (uv dyneema), large & small Shop Sack (nordic), 3D Clear Cube (uv), small Tri-Star packing cube (steel), Yarn Stuff Sack (uv), Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpack (steel), Wallet (cardinal), Cordura OP (sm steel, med indigo, 2 lrg storm), Dyneema OP (sm iberian, med wasabi, lrg ultraviolet)

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    I wish the home page had a search by color option!
    Oh my google, yes!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    So that should be some good news: Steel wouldn't be going away as a 200d Dyneema/nylon fabric, just in the 400d version.
    I get it now! It all clicked when I saw Black Dyneema in person.

Change can be both frustrating and exciting. I really do look forward to all the new things that have been hinted at even though I know it means I'll have to say goodbye to bags and fabrics that I like right now. I really enjoy hearing the thoughts behind the additions and subtractions to the TB product line. My TB budget has a limit, and a little bit of explanation goes a long way toward helping me get the most out of my purchases.

Thanks, Darcy!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

We use two weights of Dyneema/nylon:

200d Dyneema/200d nylon (in colors Steel, Wasabi, Iberian, Ultraviolet, and Solar), mostly used as a lining fabric

400d Dyneema/420d nylon (in colors Steel, Nordic, and now Black), mostly used as an exterior fabric

Of the 200d, the only color that we anticipate potentially retiring the next time around is Solar.
    And of the 400d, as Beau mentioned, we're considering retiring Steel in favor of Black.

So that should be some good news: Steel wouldn't be going away as a 200d Dyneema/nylon fabric, just in the 400d version.

We'd like to offer all colors, of course, but as we introduce new designs (and new fabrics) we're faced with some tough choices about which colors we continue to offer, because it's sadly not possible for us to offer them all. We've kinda decided it makes the most sense (right now) to have four 200d Dyneema/nylon colors and two 400d Dyneema/420d nylon colors.

It's a tough decision to retire a particular color, especially because there's always people for whom it's their favorite (that goes for within the company and on here!). We definitely take everyone's feedback into consideration. Here's one way we look at it: if we don't sometimes retire a beloved and long-offered color to introduce a new one, we won't know if we'll like the new color even better or not. And maybe there's people who've been waiting patiently for us to offer color ____.

Soo... that's where we are. And we hear you, whether you're voting for keeping the Steel 400d or moving to Black 400d.

I completely understand, Darcy!

I reacted fast with passion because, Nordic almost went away and I did not voice my opinion in a timely manner. Thanks to the spammer, Nordic stayed.

400 d Steel Travel Dyneema now, being a vintage color, my husband Tristar is officially miiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Realy looking forward to the new designs and will be delighted to get some hints for the Holiday season.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Change can be both frustrating and exciting. I really do look forward to all the new things that have been hinted at even though I know it means I'll have to say goodbye to bags and fabrics that I like right now. I really enjoy hearing the thoughts behind the additions and subtractions to the TB product line. My TB budget has a limit, and a little bit of explanation goes a long way toward helping me get the most out of my purchases.
    I hear you. More on the materials and color choosing process is on the way.... just in time for some major debuts in the next month or so. (Nothing anyone is expecting, so no guessing!)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I reacted fast with passion because, Nordic almost went away and I did not voice my opinion in a timely manner. Thanks to the spammer, Nordic stayed.
    Hehe, that was one influential spammer.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

some major debuts in the next month or so.
    Does that mean that the announcement previously thought for October is more likely to be November-or-so now? Scheduling in my compulsive checking of the forums ...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    Does that mean that the announcement previously thought for October is more likely to be November-or-so now? Scheduling in my compulsive checking of the forums ...
    Could be end of October, but more likely the beginning of November... well, actually, there's several announcements, so some may come before others.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Could be end of October, but more likely the beginning of November... well, actually, there's several announcements, so some may come before others.
    Darcy, you are my favorite tease.

I couldn't wait for a sunny day to do it justice (Seattle will understand). My black dyneema Aeronaut arrived today.

I didn't fall in love with my initial choice of a steel/UV ballistic although my Tri-Star in this combo was my first Bihn purchase and perfection. For whatever reason, it didn't work in the Aeronaut so I decided to give dyneema a try. The result was JUST RIGHT!

Name:  black wasabi aeronaut.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  70.6 KB
    Tri-Star (steel/uv), Aeronaut (black dyneemal/wasabi), Synapse 19 (steel/uv dyneema), Ego (wasabi & reflective), MCB (linen), Side Effect (steel/wasabi dyneema), Snake Charmer (sapphire & wasabi), Travel Tray (uv dyneema), large & small Shop Sack (nordic), 3D Clear Cube (uv), small Tri-Star packing cube (steel), Yarn Stuff Sack (uv), Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpack (steel), Wallet (cardinal), Cordura OP (sm steel, med indigo, 2 lrg storm), Dyneema OP (sm iberian, med wasabi, lrg ultraviolet)

Today was an excellent delivery day! My Large and regular shop bags arrived today with some Travel Stuff Sacks. Loving the Black Dyneema!

Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

What size stuff sacks in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    What size stuff sacks in the photo?
    These are the XSmall Travel Stuff Sacks. They are so cute and tiny. As tall as the Small Yarn Stuff Sack, but the oval base makes them smaller and excellent for fitting into flatter bags, or tighter corners. Also they work well to corral little things like makeup, medications, smaller electronic bits and bobs, toys, or any other small personal item.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    These are the XSmall Travel Stuff Sacks. They are so cute and tiny. As tall as the Small Yarn Stuff Sack, but the oval base makes them smaller and excellent for fitting into flatter bags, or tighter corners. Also they work well to corral little things like makeup, medications, smaller electronic bits and bobs, toys, or any other small personal item.
    I second Dorayme wholeheartedly, the XSmall Travel Stuff Sacks are cute and tiny which make them very useful at home and on travel.

Great to corral speciality laundry items like mesh bags, put together hair or other small but not tiny fashion accessories, electronics...

I have only one set of Travel Stuff Sacks, I will most probably get one more but I want the XSmall in multiple colors, especially for Travel.

A Solar one is not likely to be overlooked amidst the laundry.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-22-2013 at 12:28 AM.

More TB colors next to a Black Dyneema Small Shop Bag

Name:  TB OP.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  811.3 KB
    RDR3 likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS & 3D COC, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, UV CQPC, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0