Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Introducing Black 400d DyneemaŽ/nylon

The new black dyneema looks fantastic, but I too think it would be a real shame to abandon the steel dyneema. It's a color that people seem to really like.

Another vote for keeping Steel forever. It's the classiest, techiest, coolest!!!
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

I'm going to have to chime in. I love all of my Steel Dyneema and would hate to see it go away! I am enamored with the new Black Dyneema, but Steel is a unique classic for TB bags. Please keep it if you can!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

KEEP BOTH STEEL AND BLACK DYNEEMA!

Why? Because then you can make the two-color-coded system of packing cubes where one color can be used for clean clothes (steel, I presume) and one can be used for dirty (black).

Both colors are neutral so as to not clash with the other colors of Dyneema, and they can be told apart somewhat easily at first glance (in sufficient light) to tell them apart without having to hunt for a color-coded tag or ribbon or keystrap or sticker or whatever. Unzip the outer bag, see at a glance which packing cube has the clean clothes. Perfect!
    Hollie likes this.

i say keep the black and ditch the steel. black is sexy!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    i say keep the black and ditch the steel. black is sexy!
    I strongly object!

Everywhere the only easy to get colors for business casual pants is black, if one doesn't like sand, brown or olive.

It is virtually impossible to find dark grey and while I am not after 50 shades, of that color, I like to incorporate it as much as possible in my everyday life.

For many people, grey is as slimming but more flattering than black.

The Black Dyneema Aeronaut looks fabulous. I'm sure it will stand out in a crowd of black business bags because of the jaunty check pattern.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Black Dyneema....so much so, that I needed the Synapse 19 in it! I had been contemplating the purchase of the Synapse 19 (size will work well as I am 5' 7") for some time to serve as an everyday bag or simply a day bag when traveling to go with my Smart Alec that I use for carry-on. This new color pushed me...no shoved me over the edge! It has already been ordered by family for me as a Christmas gift. Can't wait to have it in hand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We use two weights of Dyneema/nylon:

200d Dyneema/200d nylon (in colors Steel, Wasabi, Iberian, Ultraviolet, and Solar), mostly used as a lining fabric

400d Dyneema/420d nylon (in colors Steel, Nordic, and now Black), mostly used as an exterior fabric

Of the 200d, the only color that we anticipate potentially retiring the next time around is Solar.
    And of the 400d, as Beau mentioned, we're considering retiring Steel in favor of Black.

So that should be some good news: Steel wouldn't be going away as a 200d Dyneema/nylon fabric, just in the 400d version.

We'd like to offer all colors, of course, but as we introduce new designs (and new fabrics) we're faced with some tough choices about which colors we continue to offer, because it's sadly not possible for us to offer them all. We've kinda decided it makes the most sense (right now) to have four 200d Dyneema/nylon colors and two 400d Dyneema/420d nylon colors.

It's a tough decision to retire a particular color, especially because there's always people for whom it's their favorite (that goes for within the company and on here!). We definitely take everyone's feedback into consideration. Here's one way we look at it: if we don't sometimes retire a beloved and long-offered color to introduce a new one, we won't know if we'll like the new color even better or not. And maybe there's people who've been waiting patiently for us to offer color ____.

Soo... that's where we are. And we hear you, whether you're voting for keeping the Steel 400d or moving to Black 400d.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Of the 200d, the only color that we anticipate potentially retiring the next time around is Solar.
    Oh no! *eyes rolling madly as I compile wish list of Solar accessories before it goes away forever again*

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Oh no! *eyes rolling madly as I compile wish list of Solar accessories before it goes away forever again*
    I know! Here, gone, then back again... it's somewhat of a roller coaster, but for a good cause (introducing many new colors and fabrics, especially for a company our size) or at least we hope so!
    Janine likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    Any chance we'll see black dyneema organizer pouches? (Or a black dyneema clear organizer wallet?) My wasabi dyneema mini OP - which I bought originally to use solely for football game days - has quickly become my everyday wallet, but a black dyneema mini OP would be so sleek...
    Yeah, I think that some will eventually show up. It might be a while, but you can always shoot us an email (emailus@tombihn.com) and we'll happily check on our current stock of Organizer Pouch colors for you.

My vote would be to lose the Wasabi - I can hear many of you *gasp*-ing already :-)

I just never warmed up to it, and actually sold all my Wasabi a little while back.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    My vote would be to lose the Wasabi - I can hear many of you *gasp*-ing already :-)
    Wasabi is here to stay -- for now. That said, there's some new things coming soon that I think you might like... not Dyneema/nylon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post

I just never warmed up to it, and actually sold all my Wasabi a little while back.
    I don't love Wasabi either, but while I prefer Solar as a colour and have a lot of accessories in it, Wasabi is a little less glaring inside my Aeronaut than Solar would be but is still light enough to see things easily. To each their own, I guess. They are similar enough that I can see why TB wouldn't keep both around, but I hope there is always a light-colour option inside the bags.

However, let me profess my LOVE (<3 <3 <3!!) for Nordic, followed closely by Iberian. I would love to see a darker green (apple, kelly or forest), or a pale blue, or purple...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0