Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Introducing Black 400d Dyneema®/nylon

@ Ms. Ferret: Can you post another pic with the SE open, so we can see the contrast between the black and the wasabi? (I also did ordered it but UPS won't get it here until next week and I've got TBAS).
    tCook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ Ms. Ferret: Can you post another pic with the SE open, so we can see the contrast between the black and the wasabi? (I also did ordered it but UPS won't get it here until next week and I've got TBAS).
    Here you go!

Name:  Steel_Black_Wasabi.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  223.7 KB

Goodness, you get busy and don't have a chance to check the TB forums for a few weeks, and what happens? They announce a new Dyneema color!!!!!!!!!!

The only down side is that "early December" means they won't be ready in time for our 2-week Thanksgiving vacation in Europe. Darn.

By the way, any chance you will make a Western Flyer with this?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Definitely see a new Synapse 19 in my future!

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think you need to make a Synapse 19 in Black Dyneema/Iberian Dyneema. Because I would be all OVER that. Definitely.
    Lime likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    By the way, any chance you will make a Western Flyer with this?
    While there's certainly a possibility that a Black Dyneema Western Flyer will pop-up eventually, it likely wouldn't be for a little while.
    Lani likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
    I could completely understand if they were replacing the Steel with Black, but to have two colors that are so similar and very few bags available in Nordic seems like a missed opportunity to me. Especially when TB-fans seem to really love bright vibrant colors like Iberian, Solar and Wasabi.
    We've also noticed that the two colors are really similar, so there is a chance we might end up replacing the 400d Steel Dyneema with the new 400d Black Dyneema. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it is something under consideration at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    We've also noticed that the two colors are really similar, so there is a chance we might end up replacing the 400d Steel Dyneema with the new 400d Black Dyneema. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it is something under consideration at this time.
    Oh no, don't do that!

Steel is so unique and such a TB signature, it looks formal with a uniqueness unmatched by anything else in the bag world.

Black is too somber a color, unless it is the stylish accent in the trims, handles and straps of other bags.

It is a needed addition, but. not at the detriment of beautiful and stylish Steel.

You love to freak people out, don't you, Beau? :-)
    Lani and Hollie like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Nli
    PLEASE NO! Steel 400d dyneema is fantastic. Love my Synapse 19 (except for a couple things but the color is fab!). Have not seen black, of course, but it looks somber in pics and I would not order based on images I 've seen. And this is from someone who wears black every single day of her life. Steel is everything black is, but in a better mood. Please do not replace!

While there's certainly a possibility that a Black Dyneema Western Flyer will pop-up eventually, it likely wouldn't be for a little while.
    Beau, you're breaking my heart.

You could mend it by telling me there's an even more awesome new color coming out soon for the Western Flyer. Not that I have any issues with Steel Dyneema as an exterior color. It's just a little dark for an interior one..
    Last edited by snowbot; 10-10-2013 at 05:16 AM.

For whatever its worth I also would hate to see steel dyneema go away. I see why people like the new black color, but seriously do we need more black nylon bags. Again, I think it’s great that Ton Bihn is introducing new colors, but please retain the very cool and unique steel color.

Quote Originally Posted by Nli View Post
    Steel is everything black is, but in a better mood.
    I love that! Such a great description.
    Hollie likes this.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Just another vote for keeping the Steel Dyneema -- I think it's the perfect exterior color, not too dark, not too bright, goes with every possible outfit, doesn't show dirt/dust, etc . . . please keep it!
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Any chance we'll see black dyneema organizer pouches? (Or a black dyneema clear organizer wallet?) My wasabi dyneema mini OP - which I bought originally to use solely for football game days - has quickly become my everyday wallet, but a black dyneema mini OP would be so sleek...
    Janine likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0