Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Introducing Black 400d DyneemaŽ/nylon

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Will the Synapse 25 be available in the new black Dyneema at some point?
    More than likely, yes. We're not exactly sure when, but it's definitely something that's been considered.

Wow! I think my teenage son will like this!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

It looks really great! Excited to see it in real life.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

The new color looks great!
    Is the outside of the Black Dyneema/Wasabi Side Effect made out of the 400d/420d fabric, or the 200d/200d fabric?

I think the outside (black dyneema) is 400 and inside (wasabi dyneema) is 200. Of course I had to order the new SE, so I can tell you how fantastic it is in person in about a week.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I think the outside (black dyneema) is 400 and inside (wasabi dyneema) is 200. Of course I had to order the new SE, so I can tell you how fantastic it is in person in about a week.
    I did the same thing

the newer and stronger dyneema is the outside fabric, the original dyneema makes up the lining.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Swift! Swift! Swift! Swift!
    I'm just glad I ordered my Nordic 400d Dyneema Swift when it first came out. And the Shop Bags. Though I have to say this looks pretty classy. I might try the Side Effect.

Really nice edition to the color pallet. Thanks TB

A black dyneema shop bag would be awesome for Halloween. With a Guardian Light for safety, of course.

The Steel Dyneema looks much darker in person than it does in pictures. Based on that fact, I am little disappointed that the new color is Black. Of all the colors in the spectrum, if TB was planning to release a new 400d color, I would have thought it would have been something completely different than the two colors they already had.

I could completely understand if they were replacing the Steel with Black, but to have two colors that are so similar and very few bags available in Nordic seems like a missed opportunity to me. Especially when TB-fans seem to really love bright vibrant colors like Iberian, Solar and Wasabi.
    Last edited by SaddleSC; 10-02-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
    The Steel Dyneema looks much darker in person than it does in pictures.
    Thank you. You've just helped me make my decision.

Steel is the quintessential Tom Bihn color, a great neutral with a unique flair which suits people who love bright colors such as myself and people who love more subtle ones, like my husband.

400D or as I call it, Travel Dyneema is a wonder fabric, it is very strong and yet so very light, it is a lifesaver for travel with bag weight enforcing airlines, as well as people who are not body builders.

While I truly love the stately colors of Ballistic and would most probably have chosen a Ballistic versus a Travel Dyneema Aeronaute if I was living in a city with direct trans-oceanic flights, multiple stops on multiple airlines imply carry-on or risk having to deal with the hassle of a lost or stolen bag.

Many Tom Bihn customers have been asking for Black Dyneema but it might not have been possible with the 200D, everyday Dyneema, but can be done with Travel Dyneema because it has a different wave, I don't know.

Like it or not, Black is the default business bag and chic color for many.

I have poor impulse control and picked up a Black Dyneema SE. 400d Steel Dyneema seems very dark until I put it next to the Black, which is, well, black.

Here is a Steel OP (200d), my Steel S19 (400d), and the new Black SE (400d):
    Name:  Steel_Steel_Black.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  198.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    I have poor impulse control and picked up a Black Dyneema SE. 400d Steel Dyneema seems very dark until I put it next to the Black, which is, well, black.

Here is a Steel OP (200d), my Steel S19 (400d), and the new Black SE (400d):
    Name:  Steel_Steel_Black.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  198.0 KB
    I used the soar dyneema SE this summer and love how easy it was to squeeze/slip it from one bag to another. This black dyneema SE would be great for a winter color. Thank you for the pictures!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0