Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Toronto TB Meet Up

Toronto TB Meet Up

I thought it might be wise to start a new thread since there seems to be real interest in meeting up. So how ARE we going to do this? I like the Beach idea. It's populated, lots to see and do. Lots of picnic tables and benches for us to do show n tell. We need to all agree on a date, time ( afternoon, I like to sleep in) and we need to pick a spot we can all locate easily with some sort of landmark that's easily seen. You know the big park, Qew Beach? It's on the south side of Queen right before Lee street. There's a cute library there. Want to meet out in front of the library? Maybe bring some beach towels. We can walk down to the water for some scenic group photos? If that's too far, mid town is good, but I'm trying to think of places that are TTC accessible but also have free parking. Are there any other spots that anyone can think of?
    Darcy likes this.

i am cool with the beach, downtown. what about riverdale farm in cabbage town? just a thought.

i could bring t.b. bags that you don't have for you to check out and vice versa.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

I am in.

Beaches is cool with me. Riverdale Farm is also a good choice. One more place that just came to mind, for cool photos, is the Distillery District.

I say sometime in September, preferably a weekend (Sat. morning?) as I am stuck in the office all week long and likely will not get a day off until October.

Beach or farm works for me. Sept is fine as well. Let's make more solid plans closer to Sept and hopefully more people will see this thread and join as well.

yeah, we need more than the three of us.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Sounds like a plan.

Depending on when it is in September, I should be able to make it. Seemingly September is the start of "wedding season" amongst my friends, plus a weekend work off-site.

TTC accessible and free parking generally rules out most downtown-ish things. High Park is another option (and right on the subway line). I think parking is free, just might be busy depending on the day and other happenings in the park.
    Own: Aeronaut (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Want: Synapse or Smart Alec

I am interested in doing this but will be away the first week in September. I should be okay with a Saturday in Sept after the first week.

I will actually be in the GTA from August 30 to September 8.Those are the only two days that I know I'll be in Toronto for sure.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

I might be able to come up from Buffalo - depends on the date as I am doing a 2 week pet sitting stint for friends. If I can make it, my cattle dog would be with me (if it's outdoors).

Nicole

So, somewhere along the first or second week of September. Who votes for Sep. 8th?

sept 8 presents no problems for the black fungi.

I will be out of town next week but hopefully will be back for Sept. 08.

I just saw this post. I am also a fellow TB owner. I think it would be great to meet. I just met a fellow TB owner and we were just wondering who else there was in Toronto.

I also like the idea of bringing some of our bags for others to look at. Seeing things in person always helps with the decisioning of whether to buy or not or even finding something you needed that you never thought of before!

I am generally ok with anytime and anywhere in Toronto outside of business day work hours - downtown or east end is preferred.

Okay, here I am finally - and did I miss it?! Did you get together this past Sunday?

I'll blame the computer but still!

Big thanks to TPNL for letting me know! (Sadly just saw the messages from him!)
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0