Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Update on Cork fabric

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quacksalve View Post
    Is the company working toward resolving the problems -- should we hold out any hope?
    Sad to say we don't have an update… not yet, anyhow.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

As one who really loves cork, I'm hoping that a solution will eventually be found, and we'll again be able to order cork products! They are lovely! I'm holding my Navy/Cork Imago just a little tighter these days, as both the cork and the Imago have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Sad to say we don't have an update… not yet, anyhow.

I come back to visit the site every few weeks or so to check... Is there any update on the cork fabric? It seems to me that if there'd been a manufacturing defect, we'd only have to wait until they created a new lot - if they'd made it successfully before, surely they could do it again. I'm interested in hearing the progress.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Julep View Post
    I come back to visit the site every few weeks or so to check... Is there any update on the cork fabric? It seems to me that if there'd been a manufacturing defect, we'd only have to wait until they created a new lot - if they'd made it successfully before, surely they could do it again. I'm interested in hearing the progress.
    Sad to say that your conclusions are not necessarily true. For example, what if the supplier changed their basic manufacturing process in order to lower production costs at the expense of a much higher defect rate that many of their customers decide to simply accept and that the manufacturer decides is an acceptable economic trade-off? What if their own supply sources have changed, and they are having difficulty with quality control from the individuals who are harvesting the base material? I have the impression that the decision to discontinue use of the Cork was not simply made on the basis of receiving one bad batch that everyone expected to be "made good" immediately in the next production run. I would really like to see a return of Cork, but I suspect this is not a simple decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0