Like Tree23Likes
  • 10 Post By BearHorn
  • 9 Post By BearHorn
  • 2 Post By BearHorn
  • 2 Post By Moose

Thread: Make your own Pilot (or First Class in Economy Class)

Lightbulb Make your own Pilot (or First Class in Economy Class)

As my personal item, I attach a packing cube shoulder bag to the rear of my co-pilot with two NiteIze #1 S-biners. Since mine are both steel dyneema, they look like one bag, but other color combinations could be used. The dimensions of the combination still meet (AA) requirements for a personal item. I can then take off the packing cube shoulder bag and attach it to the struts at the rear of the tray with two larger hooks (I use metal shower hooks for this). This makes a handy in-flight pouch that is usable with the tray up or down by slightly adjusting the hooks. The packing cube shoulder bag can also be used inside the Co-Pilot if the additional space is not needed.

Cool. I love how inventive folks in this forum are....

That's interesting. Do you have pictures of that setup? I wonder if something like that could work for the LCB I'm using.

I could take a picture of the pouch mounted on the tray in mid-August, when I fly next. I could send a picture of the tandem bags if that is what you want to see. WRT to the LCB, since it is slightly wider than the packing cube shoulder bag (PCSB), they should attach nicely if you have something to attach to on that bag. Think S-biners if they work or perhaps you would need to make an attach point by inserting a "key ring cable" through a webbing loop or utilize other attach points such as o-rings. The loops for the removable waist strap are a possibility, but they are mounted low on the LCB and therefore the PCSB would hang below. I do not have a LCB to look at so you will be more likely to come up with the best solution for your bag.

Yes, yes, please, pictures!

Here are some pictures of the tandem Co-Pilot and PCSB bags showing the S-biner clip. Also included is a picture of one end of the PCSB ready to be attached to the airplane tray strut with a metal shower clip. Be sure to size any clips for the amount of weight that you plan to carry in the PCSB. I can carry anything needed for the flight (headphones, electronics, inflatable pillows, sundries, etc.) in the PCSB while the Co-Pilot (or both) can fit vertically under the seat leaving room for my feet as well.Name:  IMG_0471.jpeg
Views: 790
Size:  142.2 KBName:  IMG_0472.jpeg
Views: 766
Size:  123.3 KBName:  IMG_0473.jpeg
Views: 752
Size:  139.7 KB

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time..... how very imaginative. I am always amazed at how much I learn on these forums... I took someone else's suggestion, and now all my small pouches hang by their clips on a hanger...so much easier to find and to use when I need slightly different ones for different things. I often wish my Co-Pilot was just a tad bigger, and then end up taking the Synapse. So this is a neat idea.....

BearHorn, thank you for the photos and well done on the creativity. Is that your dog tag on the Copilot or is it a luggage tag? I just got a luggage tag that is the same shape as my dog tags from when I was a kid. I also got Oliver a dog tag, he is after all a dog. The two I got are copper.
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Moose, the tag that you asked about is an up to date luggage tag. The info on my old navy dog tags was a bit out of date. ; )
    backpack and Moose like this.

BearHorn, I wish I had my dad's Navy dog tags. I only have his AF tags. Thank you for your service to our country.
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0