Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Next Forum Updates... share your suggestions

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Next Forum Updates... share your suggestions

We're gearing up to do our next round of forum updates/improvements and now's the time for you to tell us about what would make these forums more fun/enjoyable/easier for you to use. We can't promise we'll implement everyone's ideas (software and technical capabilities can be constraints) but we'll give it our best!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you so much for taking our wishes into consideration. I love how much you all listen to your clients.
    For those of us who are color-centric in our purchasing decisions, it would be helpful if the search would pull up all bags in a certain color.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

More iPad friendly when it comes to posting pictures and videos would be handy. The native resolution of the iPad makes the pictures huge on the preview, so I often end up emailing it to myself to shrink it and picture quality suffers. Unless I'm missing something... Also it has the habit of rotating the pictures. Does Tapatalk already solve this? I downloaded an older version but wasn't horrible impressed.
    Melissa likes this.

For me on Firefox for Ubuntu, the pictures are always very big. I have to scroll to see them.

I use Safari for iPad to surf everywhere, including the TB forum. It is a very pleasant experience.

I thoroughly appreciate the fact that Tom Bihn Inc isn't following the virtual yelling of some website which shove the "get the app" in my face.

I won't get the app, I like to surf in a browser I can control, thank you very much.

Awesome. Keep the suggestions coming -- we're going to get started on forum updates within the next couple of weeks (but you might not see the results for a little while longer).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Darcy,

I remember reading some recent post requesting a size comparison table, including dimensions in millimeters, and I remember thinking that was one of the requests the last time there were suggestions for reorganizing the forums. I can't locate that recent post, but here's an old thread with a spreadsheet and later request for more size tools.

The option to "like" a post

Hmmmm ... maybe a separate forum category for Geography, with sub-forums for various regions of the country/world? That way, TB fans can get acquainted with who lives (fairly) close by regionally, and if folks want to have meet-ups to ooh and aah at bags (or maybe someone is interested in a bag but wants to see one in person before ordering), they can do so. If folks are vacationing/working in particular regions, they could post packing/climate questions there. For folks who live outside of the US, it could also be a way to find a shipping buddy, to help reduce shipping costs.

So U.S. could be: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, South, Midwest, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, West Coast, Hawaii, Alaska. International: Africa, Asia, Canada, Mexico/Central/South America, Caribbean, Australia/NZ, UK, continental Europe, Middle East, etc. Sorry if I'm forgetting your world region!

Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    The option to "like" a post
    Hmm: it's possible to "Like" a post now.

Name:  likepost.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  12.2 KB

Are the Like | Share options missing for you? If so, how are you viewing the forums -- through Tapatalk or?

I don't see a way to like posts on the mobile version of the site. Maybe that's what they were referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by fdiaz64 View Post
    I don't see a way to like posts on the mobile version of the site. Maybe that's what they were referring to.
    Ahh, I see. Hopefully that's something we can fix!
    enjih likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fdiaz64 View Post
    Agreed with this. Even using the Tapatalk mobile app, no Like/Thanks option is given. Probably not enabled on the mobile site even though it's on the regular site.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm: it's possible to "Like" a post now.

Name:  likepost.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  12.2 KB

Are the Like | Share options missing for you? If so, how are you viewing the forums -- through Tapatalk or?
    I'm viewing through Tapatalk. On EDCF I am able to like posts using Tapatalk ... Guess I should have been more specific, sorry.

It is not forum update related but, the "About Us" page looks different, the pictures are smaller and that is not a problem but the lighter color and smaller fonts for the comments is hard to read, in addition the comments have been cut, due to formatting.

On Mozilla Firefox 20.2 for Ubuntu, there are two plane logos on the pages, one aligned with the heading Tom Bihn and the two grey lines (the regular logo).

And one which is showing the last half of its wing in "About Us", Travel Bags. Laptop Bags, Checkpoint Friendly Bags, Messenger Bags, Backpacks, Briefcases, Knitting Bags and Accessories, Accessories, Dog Stuff, Organizer Pouches, Bags for Apple iPad and iPad mini.

All the bag pages are affected as well as the About Us page but not the Blog.

On the Blog page the links for Travel bags, main and about are overlapping the plane logo.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-25-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It is not forum update related but, the "About Us" page looks different, the pictures are smaller and that is not a problem but the lighter color and smaller fonts for the comments is hard to read, in addition the comments have been cut, due to formatting.
    Thanks, backpack -- we noticed the same thing, so the text is a little bigger and we made the font color darker.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    On Mozilla Firefox 20.2 for Ubuntu, there are two plane logos on the pages, one aligned with the heading Tom Bihn and the two grey lines (the regular logo).

And one which is showing a the last half of its wing in "About Us", Travel Bags. Laptop Bags, Checkpoint Friendly Bags, Messenger Bags, Backpacks, Briefcases, Knitting Bags and Accessories, Accessories, Dog Stuff, Organizer Pouches, Bags for Apple iPad and iPad mini.

All the bag pages are affected as well as the About Us page but not the Blog.

On the Blog page the links for Travel bags, main and about are overlapping the plane logo.
    Hmm: we couldn't replicate this on any of our computers/browsers. Could you email me a screen shot?

We're still working on these updates, so if you (or anyone else) notices anything else, let us know!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0