Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Next Forum Updates... share your suggestions

I think a separate regional forum would most likely hardly be used. When looking at the post frequency on the whole board, it doesn't look like a local/regional board would get enough use to warrant its creation. I'd be concerned with a "dead area" of the forum just sitting there.

I do think the idea of meeting other people suffering from the same acquisition syndrome would be fun, so perhaps another way of facilitating that would be good. Maybe a sticky for each region in a related board would work. A person could could create a thread with their state code (like TN, FL, CA, etc.) and see if anyone is interested in meeting up.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Update! We upgraded the forums early this morning, so if you notice any weirdnesses or issues, let me know right away and we'll fix 'em.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Awesome! Did you make it easier to post photos? I've never been successful in doing so (like I can in Ravelry). The few times I've tried, the photo was so huge that I deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Awesome! Did you make it easier to post photos? I've never been successful in doing so (like I can in Ravelry). The few times I've tried, the photo was so huge that I deleted it.
    That's on the to-do list for upgrades/improvements, but hasn't happened quite yet.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Would it be possible to put a date on the external bag reviews? It would be nice to have an easier way to find brand new reviews on that list which is simply by bag. Or even just a little *new* icon next to the link for current year reviews.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

As someone who is new to Tom Bihn, these forums are of great value but here is what I think you could do I improve them:

-let me search by color/material
    -let me search by product.

The way this could be executed is by a set if categories for these dimensions that the original poster could select.

So if I'm posting a review on my Steel/UV tri-star, I would select those categories from a set of checkboxes before I post. Also, some Forum software systems allow the users to collaboratively tag and categorize posts that are not their own.

Ultimately a user could search for all posts about TriStar or UV Dyneema by selecting an option.

Lastly, being able to just search for posts with pictures would be handy. Sometimes I just want to see pictures of people's bags.

Another thought came to mind: an Acronym Dictionary.

This doesn't require a form functionality update, just someone to create it. When first browsing this community you are hit with a tons of Acronyms:
    -EDC
    -SCB
    -TS
    -WF
    -OMGMHH (oh my gosh my head hurts)

I think this would help a newbie get going quickly.

And we have a "like" option now .... Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    And we have a "like" option now .... Sweet!
    Just to confirm... you're using Tapatalk and you have Like now, yeah?

I am using tapatalk and like is available.

Update! We're still implementing various forum updates, so keep the ideas/suggestions coming.

One update of note.... and I think this was something moriond requested quite some time ago: there's now an "Advanced Search" link below the search box at the top of the page.

Salutations!

I'd like an improved way to add a picture from my(Android) phone's gallery It's a tedious process to move pics from my phone or camera to my pc then to the forum..and I feel bad about e-mail attaching/asking ya'll to post them for me *sheepish grin*

Peace!

I have the same situation...emailing pix to Darcy and bugging her to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    I have the same situation...emailing pix to Darcy and bugging her to post them.
    We don't mind, of course, but we know you'd like to post your own images. We'll be working on it...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Salutations!

I'd like an improved way to add a picture from my(Android) phone's gallery It's a tedious process to move pics from my phone or camera to my pc then to the forum..and I feel bad about e-mail attaching/asking ya'll to post them for me *sheepish grin*

Peace!
    @roarmouse, @monkeylady Have you considered using the Tapatalk app on your phone? One of the reasons I started using this app to read the forums is that it supports doing photo uploads to your posts from your device. I'm using Tapatalk from my iPhone and other iOS devices, but there is an Android version of the app, as well. I think you can upload up to 30 photos a month for free (based on a Google search on the Android version). If you need more uploads than the default number of free monthly uploads that come with the app, you can add an option to have your photos shared with the Tapatalk Image Hosting Service as an in-app purchase for a couple of dollars.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0