Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By knifed
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By atarango1

Thread: Questions about the Synapse 25 fit on a shorter guy

Questions about the Synapse 25 fit on a shorter guy

I'm 5'5", 130lbs or thereabout (might be 5'6", not too sure). Currently I have the older Synapse 19. It's a great bag and I love it, but sometimes I wish I can carry more stuff inside of it. Also, I'm regretting not getting it in Dyneema since it's lighter and seems to be more water resistant than the regular fabric. So that got me thinking about upgrading to the Synapse 25.

Here's the issue, right now the Synapse 19 is my go to bag because it's so comfortable and lightweight on me. Plus it's size makes it look pretty sleak on me. I've had compliments and people asked me where I got the bag from.

My question is, will the Synapse 25 be noticeably large in comparison, to the point where it's too large to take to work; Maybe hit a bar after work? I don't want to look like I'm going camping if you understand what I mean. Could it be an everyday bag for someone my size? If you happen to be around my size and can post pics of yourself wearing it (empty and full) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    johnbom likes this.

Lovely forum member Dorayme alredy answered that question with pictures.

Who says short people can't carry big bags?
    knifed likes this.

Awesome, thanks! But would still like some thoughts.

In that picture the person wearing a Synapse 19 is supposedly 5'2" and that bag looks small on them???

I'm so confused. Someone please tell me what to do.........

Quote Originally Posted by knifed View Post
    Awesome, thanks! But would still like some thoughts.

In that picture the person wearing a Synapse 19 is supposedly 5'2" and that bag looks small on them???

Yes, Dorayme is 5'2", it seems that she has a long torso.

I think you'll be pleased with the 25.

I have had the 25 for about a month now and I am the same heighs and about (ahem) 15 lbs heavier then you--

I find the 25 not to be too big at all. It hits me right at the top of my rear, and I use it as an EDC to carry my 15 " Macbook Pro, books, water and side-effect as a purse to my office. (I'm a college professor- )- The 25 balances well and I have been super pleased with it.

I say get one. I doubt it will be too big. I LOVE mine. So worth the money.
    johnbom and Ginkgo like this.

Easy one, get the 25 in dynemma. You will love it.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Is a reasonably packed 25 an easy fit under an airline seat/passable as a personal item, or is the 19 a better choice for that purpose?
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    I have had the 25 for about a month now and I am the same heighs and about (ahem) 15 lbs heavier then you--

I find the 25 not to be too big at all. It hits me right at the top of my rear, and I use it as an EDC to carry my 15 " Macbook Pro, books, water and side-effect as a purse to my office. (I'm a college professor- )- The 25 balances well and I have been super pleased with it.

I say get one. I doubt it will be too big. I LOVE mine. So worth the money.
    Convinced! Ordering, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Is a reasonably packed 25 an easy fit under an airline seat/passable as a personal item, or is the 19 a better choice for that purpose?
    I can answer this one despite not owning the 25. I had the Smart Alex which is a larger bag (1L more capacity). No problem whatsoever fitting under an airline seat. Even stuffed to the gills.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    As Knifed mentioned, it should fit. A lot will depend on the airplane configuration (is there a video box underneath the seat in front of you, is there a rail base between each seat, etc.), but considering you can fit a much larger Tri-Star or even an Aeronaut under some/many airline seats, no reason at all the Synapse 25 shouldn't fit unless there is something blocking the space.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0