Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By itsablur
  • 3 Post By Ginkgo

Thread: To Sell or Pass Down

To Sell or Pass Down

Ive got a Synapse 19, bought shortly before the 25 was announced. I love the bag, but I do find it a little small, especially when I need to carry my camera and a jacket with my Nalgene, which takes up most of the interior space.

As a 6 foot tall male, the Synapse 25 would probably fit me a bit better along with giving me that extra space to handle my fiancee's cargo as well as mine. The real question is if I decide to get a 25, do I sell the 19 to finance it or pass it on to my fiancee, who probably wouldnt appreciate me buying another expensive bag when we are trying to fund a wedding.

Do you prefer to sell your bags when you move on, or pass them down into the family?

Option C: horde them all secretly in a closet on the off chance I still need that specific bag for something.

Seriously though, you probably could sell it. It's the "responsible" thing to do. Fiancee agro is bad. Happy wife = happy life. Lesson often learned the hard way (I know that's how I've been learning!).

What colours/fabrics is your S19?
    RhoFro and kerstel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Option C: horde them all secretly in a closet on the off chance I still need that specific bag for something.

Seriously though, you probably could sell it. It's the "responsible" thing to do. Fiancee agro is bad. Happy wife = happy life. Lesson often learned the hard way (I know that's how I've been learning!).

What colours/fabrics is your S19?
    It's steel/steel dyneema. I'd love to keep it, but I get enough flack for having 2 bags for every possible occasion already.

You could "retro-fund" the bag, by purchasing the Synapse 25 first, and if you like it better than the S19, you sell the S19 and recoup most of your money back. If you don't like the S25 when it arrives, you can return it right back to Tom Bihn and get a refund. If you decide to have a honeymoon with lots of walking/hiking/daytripping, perhaps your fiancee can be persuaded that a Synapse for each of you would be great for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by thumabr View Post
    It's steel/steel dyneema. I'd love to keep it, but I get enough flack for having 2 bags for every possible occasion already.
    You get flack for just 2 bags?? Horrible. Call her out on it if you catch her purse shopping. /stereotype

Don't get into cameras. I must have... 4 different camera bags, maybe 3 pieces of travel luggage since I just got an Aeronaut, umpteen laptop backpacks and messenger bags. My wife has now realized we have equal level of bag whoring, it's just we like different kinds of bags.

So is you S19 the old style Synapse, or does it have the modifications added with the S25?

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    You get flack for just 2 bags?? Horrible. Call her out on it if you catch her purse shopping. /stereotype

Don't get into cameras. I must have... 4 different camera bags, maybe 3 pieces of travel luggage since I just got an Aeronaut, umpteen laptop backpacks and messenger bags. My wife has now realized we have equal level of bag whoring, it's just we like different kinds of bags.

So is you S19 the old style Synapse, or does it have the modifications added with the S25?
    Not just 2 bags, 2 for every possible situation. A couple for an Overnight trip, weekend trip, backpacking, suit bag, a handful of bookbags, a few briefcases.

My Synapse 19 is the old version.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by thumabr View Post
    Not just 2 bags, 2 for every possible situation. A couple for an Overnight trip, weekend trip, backpacking, suit bag, a handful of bookbags, a few briefcases.

My Synapse 19 is the old version.
    Surely that's just you getting ready for life as part of a couple

I have done both sold & passed down to family members. I passed down my Ego to my dad, my med cafe bag & Side Effect v1 to my daughter. If I know my family will use them or funding my next purchase isn't a issue, then I'll pass it down. If I know they won't use it or if it's a pricey item that I want, then I'll sell to help fund my next purchase.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0