Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Solar is back!

Does this mean Ultraviolet is going away? :-( It isn't pictured with the others in the video . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Does this mean Ultraviolet is going away? :-( It isn't pictured with the others in the video . . .
    Nope. They confirmed in the YouTube comments that Ultraviolet is not going away; it just wasn't in the video being cut with that other stack.

Ok, so the big huge Friday announcement is a color? Really? Not a new bag (*cough cough* Checkpoint Flyer *cough cough*), not even a new color. Just the return of a previously discontinued color? That's huge news?

Color me underwhelmed, guys. Nice sizzle, but sorry, that doesn't taste like steak. A small burger perhaps.
    It's worth considering that your entire purpose in life could be to serve as a warning to others.

Wonderful!

One of the most beautiful video highlighting the talent of The Lovely Crew: precision sewing, precision cutting, eagle eye inspecting and great video producing!

What is that wonderful Solar music?

Even for somebody who is not a warm color person, Solar is something else.

It is like a piece of the warmest noon sun was encapsulated in the loveliest lemon colored flower!

It is bright and cherry, a definite happy color!

I see many Solar Shop Bags, Packing Cubes Backpacks, Shoulder Bags and others gracing many holidays and everyday locations.

It is going to make Tom Bihn Bags spotting waaaaaaay easier!

Big Hugs for keeping UV!
    Last edited by backpack; 06-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    JonP and gochicken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Nope. They confirmed in the YouTube comments that Ultraviolet is not going away; it just wasn't in the video being cut with that other stack.
    Thank you! I've ignored YouTube comments for so long that I forgot to look in those ones. (Not an insult to the excellent videography, just a habit.)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

Yay! I'm another solar lover. No, that's not a banana in my pocket. I'd love a Nordic/Solar something, but I guess that's not in the cards.
    Lime and darbs like this.

OMG!!! I've been M.I.A for like a week and just saw this. I am sooo beyond excited!!! Time to start saving $$ for a new order!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    loving Solar,glad it's back and though I'm sad to see Nordic go, I'm glad that UV and Wasabi didn't go away as lining choices. And the new Pilot is looking nice too! That is definitely NOT a Co-Pilot. I saw the rails! I'm looking forward to seeing the other features offered in this bag!
    Is Nordic actually being retired? It was never a lining colour...

I for one would love a Nordic/solar synapse25...
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

I want to thank the Bihn crew for letting us know about the re-introduction of Solar Dyneema to its product lines. I hope we see it in the travel luggage (Western Flyer, Aeronaut, Tri-Star), as well as the Clear Organizer Pouches, Clear Quarter Packing Cube, and, of course, the Travel Trays.

Just to show you what a smarta$$ I am: how about an all-Dyneema Aeronaut with both the interior and the exterior being Solar? That would stand out at the airport, wouldn't it?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

BTW: my favorite color combo would have to be an Aeronaut with a Navy exterior and a Solar interior. (My favorite weird dream would be an all-Dyneema Aeronaut with a Ultraviolet exterior and a Solar interior!)
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    BTW: my favorite color combo would have to be an Aeronaut with a Navy exterior and a Solar interior.
    Mine too (of the 1050d ballistic color combinations, anyway).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hey Darcy - trying to send you the pics link but your box is full.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

A steel dyneema/solar dyneema Synapse 19 on the way in July. Love the solar dyneema interiors.
    Hey Darcy any plans for a Black/Solar Synapse 25 in the future?
    Last edited by papids2000; 06-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Hey Darcy - trying to send you the pics link but your box is full.
    Ahh, better clean that out! Would you mind emailing them to us in the meantime? emailus@tombihn.com
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Email sent!
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0