Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Solar is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Looks like the co-pilot is getting Cadet rails?
    That would certainly be cool, though it wouldn't be able to fit much other than an iPad Cache or maybe an 11" MBA Cache.

Cool for those solar fans. Truthfully I never bonded with it -- SO glad you are also keeping wasabi. I hope it remains in use as an interior color for bags; I LOVE my steel dyneema/wasabi Synapse 19.

I'm getting my Navy/Wasabi aeronaut today (Yay!!). Not having anything with solar, I may have to pull the trigger on the steel dyneema/solar synapse 19.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pita11 View Post
    I'm getting my Navy/Wasabi aeronaut today (Yay!!). Not having anything with solar, I may have to pull the trigger on the steel dyneema/solar synapse 19.
    Woohoo! Let us know what you think once it arrives. That reminds me.. Seikoguy posted a great comparison photo of Wasabi and Solar. Here it is.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I have an order arriving today [Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in UV Dyneema, Ultrasuede strap for my Cardinal (or is it Crimson?) MCB, and a Plum Keystrap]. But now that Solar is back, I'm going to throw caution to the winds and put in another order right away. Decisions, decisions.... Definitely a Side Effect, though I already own three of them! And a Large Shop Bag, and who knows what else? Thank you, Darcy and the TB crew, for a sunny summer solstice present!

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Thank you, Darcy and the TB crew, for a sunny summer solstice present!
    You got the solstice connection! Awesome.

BTW: Beau thought of posting his hint thread yesterday with the sunglasses smiley but then we thought that might be too much of a hint...
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

[QUOTE=Darcy;50108]You got the solstice connection! Awesome.

Wow, I feel like just won a contest I didn't even know I had entered! Thanks, Darcy! And with the devious ways of the other forum members, that sunglasses smiley might have tipped your hand.

~Nancy

Oh no, now I have to change my order! But wait... yay!

loving Solar,glad it's back and though I'm sad to see Nordic go, I'm glad that UV and Wasabi didn't go away as lining choices. And the new Pilot is looking nice too! That is definitely NOT a Co-Pilot. I saw the rails! I'm looking forward to seeing the other features offered in this bag!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    That is definitely NOT a Co-Pilot. I saw the rails! I'm looking forward to seeing the other features offered in this bag!
    I'd love for you to be right, but I don't think those are rails. I've attached 3 photos. One is of the inside of my steel dyneema/solar co-pilot that's a couple years old. The other 2 are crops from the video. What you're seeing as rails is actually seam tape--I think that's what it's called. In the video she's assembling the front half of the bag. As you can see in my photo, there are two major seams that are how the front three pocket structure is tied into the panel(s) that split the bag into front and back. You'll note that they line up perfectly with the edges of the center water bottle pocket.

Name:  inside of current co-pilot.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 2.22.46 PM.png
Views: 530
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 2.21.12 PM.png
Views: 514
Size:  64.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I'd love for you to be right, but I don't think those are rails. I've attached 3 photos. One is of the inside of my steel dyneema/solar co-pilot that's a couple years old. The other 2 are crops from the video. What you're seeing as rails is actually seam tape--I think that's what it's called. In the video she's assembling the front half of the bag. As you can see in my photo, there are two major seams that are how the front three pocket structure is tied into the panel(s) that split the bag into front and back. You'll note that they line up perfectly with the edges of the center water bottle pocket.

Name:  inside of current co-pilot.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 2.22.46 PM.png
Views: 530
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2013-06-21 at 2.21.12 PM.png
Views: 514
Size:  64.7 KB
    oh no, maybe you are right and I'm wrong!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

We didn't add Rails to the Co-Pilot. It was considered, but decided against because the only devices that fit in the Co-Pilot (iPad mini, iPad, maybe the 11" Air) technically don't need to be removed from bags at TSA checkpoints.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    loving Solar,glad it's back and though I'm sad to see Nordic go, I'm glad that UV and Wasabi didn't go away as lining choices. And the new Pilot is looking nice too! That is definitely NOT a Co-Pilot. I saw the rails! I'm looking forward to seeing the other features offered in this bag!

Pilot! The scale is too large to be a CP! Reveal!Reveal! I'll sell my Imago,save up and buy (and some pouches/keystraps) one!!!! Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Woohoo! Let us know what you think once it arrives. That reminds me.. Seikoguy posted a great comparison photo of Wasabi and Solar. Here it is.
    Thanks, Darcy! My credit card is now in hiding ....
    Darcy likes this.

Yippee!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy Solar is Back!!!!!!!!

Now where are the aubergine / solar combos?! (Of course the tags aren't even off of my just received aubergine/wasabi WF and while I do love that color combo, solar inside instead would be beyond super awesome)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0