Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RhoFro
  • 4 Post By Darcy

Thread: Water bottle

Water bottle

New item, or am I failing at keeping up with my Bihn collection? Motto

And speaking of BAS (so much nicer than hoarding), I thought when I back-ordered the S-19 at the end of April that a long wait would be no big deal because I didn't really "need" a backpack. Now it's mid June and I'm the casualty of unexpected suffering; especially with all the recent photos posted of the Synapses. RAH! To make matters worse, another side effect of Bihn Anticipation Syndrome is adding new stuff to my order [why not an Aeronaut too?]. So I say - for the sanity of the shipping folks and myself - HURRY Steel dyneema, hurry!
    Darcy likes this.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The water bottle is new! And there's something else new(?) debuting tomorrow...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

jea
    Awesome design! Really like it. Would this fit in the central "water bottle" pocket of the Synapse 19?

I'll be honest, not too excited about the water bottle. Looks like it's a Sigg rebrand or something similar. The "aluminum" sounds cool until you find out it's actually coated with plastic on the inside. Might as well just have used a plastic water bottle instead. I believe aluminum leaches and is not all that good for storing water:

Ask TreeHugger: Is Aluminum Cookware Bad For You? : TreeHugger

I mean we're talking about a water bottle here and it looks really nice as far as water bottles go. And I'm sure that it's perfectly safe too and will sell like hotcakes. To me Tom Binh products have always been over engineered and made out of the best materials so this bottle just rubs me the wrong way. Perhaps on your next iteration you can consider a stainless steel bottle with no internal coating. I have a Klean Kanteen bottle that is pretty great.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm glad there's so many choices of water bottles out there. Some of us here prefer the Lifefactory water bottles because they're glass and mostly Made in USA and others like the Libertyworks bottles because they're lighter in weight and 100% Made in USA. Anyway, there's definitely a bottle out there for everyone, and we're just happy to share a couple of our personal favorites. We haven't yet found a stainless steel bottle that we like (that's just us), but we'll keep looking!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad there's so many choices of water bottles out there. Some of us here prefer the Lifefactory water bottles because they're glass and mostly Made in USA and others like the Libertyworks bottles because they're lighter in weight and 100% Made in USA. Anyway, there's definitely a bottle out there for everyone, and we're just happy to share a couple of our personal favorites. We haven't yet found a stainless steel bottle that we like (that's just us), but we'll keep looking!
    I love my hydro flask water bottles (like TB bags, I have multiple). I'm an ice water drinker and they are stainless steel on the inside and insulated so no sweating -- they keep things cold (or hot) for an incredibly long time. The cons are the insulating properties mean it is heavier and I don't think they are made in the U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    I love my hydro flask water bottles (like TB bags, I have multiple). I'm an ice water drinker and they are stainless steel on the inside and insulated so no sweating -- they keep things cold (or hot) for an incredibly long time. The cons are the insulating properties mean it is heavier and I don't think they are made in the U.S.A.
    +1 for Hydro Flask!

I really like this company. Its all about the promotion of drinking tap water (KRNWTR) at home and in the horeca, instead of bottled water.
    They have a printed bottle.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0