I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

Never check anything you value!

I'm just back from a trip to Spain. On the way out I took my electric scooter as usual. As ever I kept it till the gate. This time they loaded me using an ambulift, so I was still in my scooter right to the door of the plane and just walked the last few yards. They then take my scooter off the ambulift and put it in the hold (all of 20 yards). In spain they take scooter back out of the hold, put it in the Spanish ambulift and collect me. During this time either one of the assistance people or the baggage handler stole, and yes I mean stole the claiming karabiner that holds my walking stick on my scooter. If they can be that blatant in their thievery, God only knows what they get up to when they are left alone in their baggage handling areas? OK it's no big deal, but it was a pain while I was away and cost me 40 for the replacement.

That's so sad!
    I got trip insurance for my next big excursion, partly thinking it would cover any lost or stolen luggage. Too bad we have to worry about things like that!

jea
    Sorry to hear that! Always a very frustrating experience to have to deal with this type of behavior.

Some people have the perception that if they want something, they can take it.

It is just wrong!

I am sorry about the wretched experience, Eric.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Some people have the perception that if they want something, they can take it.

It is just wrong!

I am sorry about the wretched experience, Eric.
    You've hit the nail on the head there. Accident, even carelessness I can accept, but its the you've got it, I want it, I'll just take it that annoys me!

I find writing a complaint to the airline and/or airport sometimes makes me feel better, even if nothing happens as a result. Lots of complaints about theft might lead to an investigation which will help someone else (maybe even you) down the road.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0