Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: The Imago is being retired

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

The Imago is being retired

Hi everyone,

Thought you'd like to be given a heads-up: the Imago is being retired to make way for new designs debuting later this year. No new Imagos will be made (at least for the foreseeable future) so once the colors available now on the Imago page sell out, they'll be gone forever (most likely).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Salutations,

I will probably sell my NCW Imago to be able to buy a (please please please) S/UV Pilot.

Peace!

Thanks for the heads-up, Darcy!

I am not a collector, I am not a collector, I am not a collector, I am not ....
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I am not a collector, I am not a collector, I am not a collector, I am not ....
    I have one I might sell.

Lol.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    RIP a classic TB design... I've always fancied a navy/cork/wasabi one, but there was always another priority! C'est la vie!

I absolutely love my navy/cork/wasabi Imago. I carry it every day. If you get the opportunity, snatch one up.

eta: I just noticed you're located outside of Edinburgh. I and my Imago will be coming to your fair city In two days. I am very much looking forward to it! The last time I was there was 1990, so it's been quite some time.
    Last edited by Mausermama; 05-30-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Just noticed location of poster

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I'll almost pass you at the airport as I'm flying to Spain on Monday morning! If you're in town over the weekend I'll be watching for an Imago, so if a maniac on a disability scooter screeches to a halt I front of you, don't be afraid... well a little afraid would probably be a good idea

RIP, Imago! This is my most used, most useful and most loved Tom Binh bag. I'll miss you (if my current one ever wears out...)

But wait!
    Darcy!

What could possibly replace it? Can you give us a hint?
    Last edited by bbcamp; 06-02-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbcamp View Post
    RIP, Imago! This is my most used, most useful and most loved Tom Binh bag. I'll miss you (if my current one ever wears out...)
    I have one from 2007 that's perfect for holding today's and tomorrow's transplant pillboxes in the side pockets, the rest of what I need inside, fits on my 5'4" slender-ish short-waisted frame.

I was going to buy a new one in a different color scheme when I finally made it off disability and could start working again, finally have the money for a lavish celebratory present to myself. And guess what? After years of healing and a few months of prep, I have three SDE interviews lined up over the next 3 weeks, likely more to be scheduled as recruiters get back to me -- and probably no more Imagos by that time? *sobs bitterly*

But, hm. I do have a 2005-ish left-handed (yes, left-handed!) Buzz that's black inside and out, that I used only a handful of times and is in fantastic condition. Probably a collector's item. Would anyone like to trade that Buzz for their gently used or new Imago in Forest/Cork/Steel, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel, or Plum/Olive/Olive? Or Cocoa, if you bought one a while back?

(Is there a better/additional place to post the previous paragraph?)

And yes, I too am eager to see what will replace/serve the same purposes as the Imago -- neither the Co-Pilot, Large Cafe Bag, various backpacks, nor ID cover nearly enough of the same bases the Imago does/did *cries again*. Thanks

-Stephanie

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thought you'd like to be given a heads-up: the Imago is being retired to make way for new designs debuting later this year. No new Imagos will be made (at least for the foreseeable future) so once the colors available now on the Imago page sell out, they'll be gone forever (most likely).
    Please let some of the new bags feature Cork! The cork flaps on the Imagos are one of the distinctive and handsome features of this bag. (The hemp's a pretty nice accent, too). While I do think the Ballistic nylon works better for this bag, I also have a fondness for the old Cordura color combinations -- even the ones that I didn't get because of already having two Imagos. Remember the "blues" bag (Imago in Navy/Storm/Sapphire)?

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Please let some of the new bags feature Cork! The cork flaps on the Imagos are one of the distinctive and handsome features of this bag. (The hemp's a pretty nice accent, too). While I do think the Ballistic nylon works better for this bag, I also have a fondness for the old Cordura color combinations -- even the ones that I didn't get because of already having two Imagos. Remember the "blues" bag (Imago in Navy/Storm/Sapphire)?

moriond
    Do I remember the Imago in Navy/Storm/Sapphire?

It almost got me over the edge of getting an Imago, even if I am much more comfortable with north/south oriented bags.
    I discovered this fact after getting my first Cafe Bag, the sense of freedom and weightlessness is entirely due to the Tom Bihn Crew genius.

Imago lovers should not despair, many people sell (and make it known on this forum) older Tom Bihn designs when they have a craving for a new bag and not quite the budget.

I am thinking especially of Symmetry (Stephanie) who, because she is willing to accept any Imago design, will most probably be able to find one.

It is also time for travel bags and the Imago acquisition might take a back seat because of that, so there is a chance that there still will be Imagos 3 weeks from now.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-05-2013 at 05:30 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Please let some of the new bags feature Cork! The cork flaps on the Imagos are one of the distinctive and handsome features of this bag. (The hemp's a pretty nice accent, too).
    Noted! In general, whenever there's a potentially appropriate place for Cork (like on the flap of the Imago) it's considered.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Love my Olive/Cork Imago! Seems to be the RIGHT bag most of the time ~ even when I've planned on using something else. I of course buy and try ~ Co-Pilot, Ego, ID...... looking for the perfect fit but more often than not it's the Imago that I end up taking. Great Bag!

P.S. ~ Yes, I agree ~Please keep the Cork!

Glad I have my Olive/Cork and Cardinal/Hemp Imagos. I use one of them almost every day. One is set up for my Macbook Air and the other for my PC (that way I don't forget to shift cables, adapters, etc. around). They're beautiful (the cork and hemp on the flaps are just stunning). Not to say I'm not curious about what's coming up...
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0